Kurt Zouma.

ANDY

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Why do people have to keep conflating this with previous player indiscretions (for lack of a better word)? 

Yes, if we are playing a game of top trumps, then what Ross McCormick did about 15-years ago was worse than what Kurt Zouma did a few days back...but that doesn't mean Kurt Zouma shouldn't face serve criticism and some form of punishment and it also does not mean the reaction to what he did is misplaced or over the top. 

Animal cruelty is a terrible thing and Zouma deserves to be dragged over the hot coals for it. To be frank, he also deserves it for being so f*cking stupid too along with his brother. 

I'm just waiting for someone to say that all those appalled by his behaviour are snowflakes. That's where it is heading. 

There are people out there who just don't like people caring about things.  You see it everywhere, as soon as someone speaks up on an issue they start to try and find flaws/inconsistencies in their views.

For example:

Oh, you are rising money for medicines for children in third world countries? What about old people in England?

Oh, you are a vegan - would you kill a fly if it was in your house?

The list goes on and on. The way they make themselves feel better about the fact they care about nothing is too attack those who do care about something.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Fairy Tail Owl said:

Antonio says racism is worse than beating up a cat

Well, he is not wrong is he, but that doesn't mean the response to what Zouma did is wrong either. 

It's more of a point that the authorities still seem to not take racism as seriously as they should do. 

6 hours ago, scram said:

The trust he was a patron of for Lions has punted him now too

Apparently not gone down well in France either - i've seen some calls for him to be prosecuted by them (dunno how that would work) - but up to 4 years in clink over there for that kind of abuse apparently

Intended punning?

👍

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’m not really sure that it’s helpful Antonio trying to bring race into this.

Surely fans can be outraged by both racism AND animal abuse, it’s not a competition for “whose the biggest victim”.

It’s a silly comparison and it brings nothing to the debate.

Spot on.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

Why do people have to keep conflating this with previous player indiscretions (for lack of a better word)? 

Yes, if we are playing a game of top trumps, then what Ross McCormick did about 15-years ago was worse than what Kurt Zouma did a few days back...but that doesn't mean Kurt Zouma shouldn't face serve criticism and some form of punishment and it also does not mean the reaction to what he did is misplaced or over the top. 

Animal cruelty is a terrible thing and Zouma deserves to be dragged over the hot coals for it. To be frank, he also deserves it for being so f*cking stupid too along with his brother. 

I'm just waiting for someone to say that all those appalled by his behaviour are snowflakes. That's where it is heading. 

As the person who first mentioned Luke McCormick in his thread, I think the issue here - and the point I was trying to make - is the clear and irrational different reaction that the Zouma case has engendered in the footballing fraternity and the public at large.

And no, I am not a snowflake, I am as appalled by animal cruelty as the next man.

Which players were proven to be racist? Suarez was accused and Liverpool players wore tshirts in his defence and their fans chanted his name when opposition players who were black had the ball. FF wasn't proven but still got banned on basis of one man's word against another. Racism from the stands has been highlighted many times and the authorities do very little about it. As for player on player racism I can't think of the other incidents. Anyone? 

I see the point Antonio is making but it seems a bit of a strange comparison. Zouma abused animals on film and laughed about it. That's not good or acceptable because neanderthals are racist. Racists and abusers both need to be punished. We lock up tax evaders even though murderers kill people and they're 2 very different crimes. 

Scared to post this in case anyone finds any of the above offensive or if I've totally missed the point. No offense intended, I'm just processing it in my head. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Which players were proven to be racist? Suarez was accused and Liverpool players wore tshirts in his defence and their fans chanted his name when opposition players who were black had the ball. FF wasn't proven but still got banned on basis of one man's word against another. Racism from the stands has been highlighted many times and the authorities do very little about it. As for player on player racism I can't think of the other incidents. Anyone? 

I see the point Antonio is making but it seems a bit of a strange comparison. Zouma abused animals on film and laughed about it. That's not good or acceptable because neanderthals are racist. Racists and abusers both need to be punished. We lock up tax evaders even though murderers kill people and they're 2 very different crimes. 

Scared to post this in case anyone finds any of the above offensive or if I've totally missed the point. No offense intended, I'm just processing it in my head. 

You shouldn't be scared to post anything

• Like 1
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I don't think it's offensive mate at all.

I was just thinking out loud really too. I was just trying to think of it from Antonio's point of view where he will likely have suffered from racism during his life and career, sees very little being done and now he is setting more uproar, from his perspective, from the thing that Zouma did than when there has been incidents of racism. Not saying he is right or wrong really but just trying to picture it from his point of view.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, markg said:

I don't think it's offensive mate at all.

I was just thinking out loud really too. I was just trying to think of it from Antonio's point of view where he will likely have suffered from racism during his life and career, sees very little being done and now he is setting more uproar, from his perspective, from the thing that Zouma did than when there has been incidents of racism. Not saying he is right or wrong really but just trying to picture it from his point of view.  

Its just a nonsensical argument, he could’ve started going on about Boris’s lockdown parties or how Russia shouldn’t be allowed to invade Ukraine

• Like 1