Kurt Zouma.

ANDY

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Its just a nonsensical argument, he could’ve started going on about Boris’s lockdown parties or how Russia shouldn’t be allowed to invade Ukraine

Yeah would have been great if he’d have said ‘why is no one calling for players to be banned for life for invading Ukraine’

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Fairy Tail Owl said:

You shouldn't be scared to post anything

Maybe scared was the wrong word. I was trying not to offend anyone basically. 

A while ago there was a thread on here about the Rooney rule and how we should have that in football. I put forward the viewpoint that a black football manager could be offended if he felt that he had only gotten an interview because of the colour of his skin. This comment was made as part of a longer post discussing the wider issue. That was when I was told I was racist. I had no idea up until then what unconscious racism was, or that I was guilty of it. That's why I'm always very careful what I post regarding issues such as this. 

• Like 1

On 10/02/2022 at 11:32, Fairy Tail Owl said:

Antonio says racism is worse than beating up a cat

Well isn't it?

Racism in football is a bigger problem than one incident of a player committing disgusting animal cruelty. 

I believe Antonio is querying why we can't be as appalled by racism as we are by animal cruelty ? 

If you think about it, if there was as much of an outcry about racist incidents as there are about this - literally a country united about it - the game and society would be better off.

You can see that, can't you? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Well isn't it?

Racism in football is a bigger problem than one incident of a player committing disgusting animal cruelty. 

I believe Antonio is querying why we can't be as appalled by racism as we are by animal cruelty ? 

If you think about it, if there was as much of an outcry about racist incidents as there are about this - literally a country united about it - the game and society would be better off.

You can see that, can't you? 

That's how I saw it too.

19 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

John Terry had that run in with Ferdinand didn't that end up in court

I got a feeling Palmer may have been racially abused by the Hartlepool player.

That's via the Owlstalk ? podcast interview a few years back

Exactly.

There wasn't country wide condemnation of Terry and demands for him to be sacked. In fact, wasn't he still England captain, or certainly in the squad.

35 minutes ago, 1867owl said:

Yeah there absolutely 100% was.

He was, and still is in many people's eyes, public enemy number 1.

It's probably my memory to be fair.

I know he got a lot of criticism but I can't remember all the pressure for him to lose sponsorship, pressure on his club to take action etc.

2 minutes ago, markg said:

It's probably my memory to be fair.

I know he got a lot of criticism but I can't remember all the pressure for him to lose sponsorship, pressure on his club to take action etc.

The Terry thing was also different in that it was never officially proven at the time that he said what he said, and he always denied it (we all know what happened, obviously).

Zouma's bang to rights.

2 minutes ago, 1867owl said:

The Terry thing was also different in that it was never officially proven at the time that he said what he said, and he always denied it (we all know what happened, obviously).

Zouma's bang to rights.

Yeah that's a good point. 

2 hours ago, mildatheart67 said:

Be better if Moyes just shut up, read this bit of prize nonsense .

I'm thinking the RSPCA will be waiting to see what happens to the ex teacher at Lincoln Crown Court at the end of this month before going any further.

He's playing this weekend, has had his fine, so no real major fallout and this will all blow over now. 

Hopefully the shame of being unmasked as a f*cking spineless bully will eat away at him, but in reality I doubt he gives a sh*t.

Hopefully a viligilante cripples him instead.