Takeover ??

5 hours ago, Mick70 said:

Football changed forever with the introduction of the premier league with all its money ? I’m 52 in March saw us have success early 80’s when heysel disaster stopped us getting into Europe, then the early 90’s when we really rubbed shoulders with the big boys and beat them regularly over 3/4 seasons…then we couldn’t sustain where we had got to and fell away over the next 5/6 seasons to never appear in the top flight again, my lads have seen maybe 2/3 seasons of success and that’s it. The big boys are moving ever further away from the other clubs in the premier yr by yr even manure are falling away atm?  How I’d long for it to go back 30 yrs not just for us but as a whole when you had a chance in the cups and mostly could keep hold of your best players, unfortunately those days are gone forever barring it all going pop and we have a reset . Still rather keep who we are and wot we are than loose the name stripes and colours .

Can you believe 30+ years on we are still the last team outside the top division to win the cup. No other team has achieved since we did in the old second division.

With the way football is now I cannot see this changing unless they drop the European spot for the league cup.

I'm not sure if there is, or ever has been, anything in the Red Bull link, or any takeover for that matter. 

Always cautious of better the devil you with regard to owners, not naive about that, but at this moment almost anything is better than what we've got. The club needs to live again, just feels like we are lingering on life support at the minute. 

I'm sceptical about any takeover happening, but would be nice. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Can you believe 30+ years on we are still the last team outside the top division to win the cup. No other team has achieved since we did in the old second division.

With the way football is now I cannot see this changing unless they drop the European spot for the league cup.

The premier league fast becoming a closed shop? Fulham West Brom Norwich are 3 sides that go down go straight back up? With ffp teams like us that give the dice a roll soon get bounced  out of the game ? Can’t ever see football going back to the times we lived in? Can you imagine us being able to turn Man Utd down nowadays? Like I said feel sorry for my boys 29 and 26 and had rubbish to watch for the most part? We went all over the country and  Luxembourg to see the lads play and they never gona get that? Also went on croftys tours and that was another story altogether but a part in my mad history that me and my mates have a bond with for life !!  Great days watching my Wednesday rustle a few feathers for a few yrs 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Its never 30 years, I'd say 7, 10 at most.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

If we change the name we will literally stop being Sheffield Wednesday!

I know change is inevitable in life but to me the club name, blue and white stripes, Hillsborough are all part of why I support the club.

Change any of those and then my support will begin to wane. 

Yes I know stripes changed a couple of seasons ago and I hated it.

Maybe some were not happy when we became Sheffield Wednedsay and not just The Wednesday. Would prefer us to go back to the Wednesday Football club. If a new owner did change the name to whatever as long as Wednesday or Owls in the name, would be OK with it. Only thing not to lose is the blue colour.