Takeover ??

10 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

The best case outcome - and one that is massively optimistic - for ten years time is we are a Southampton type club. 

At the start of the season it looked like we were going in that direction.

DM in, with a reputation for playing youth.

Adeniran, Brown, FDB playing.

Corbeanu and Gibson on loan.

The Man U youth project thingy.

The other signings, mostly around 25, still not at their peak.

Things were looking bright. Consolidate for a season, maybe playoffs, then push on next year with a good young base to build on.

Then he bottled it and now we play every over 30 and have one of the highest average matchday ages in the league, and we're still not challenging. Only next year they'll all be one year older and we'll have to start again.

But I'm used to disappointment now, so we push on.

3 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

If the Redbull thing came to pass, (it won't), what would you be willing to give up?

The club name?

The blue and white stripes?

What would be acceptable to you?

. None of them tbh.Giving up our club name, Colours etc is absolute heresy to me and many other supporters.

• Like 3

If Red Bull came in, they can change what they bloody well want if it goes some way to getting rid of the negativity and sh!t that has surrounded us since the start of this century but someone will moan because it’s what Wednesday fans do best 🤣

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, owls101 said:

Agree. We should always be Wednesday. we were 'The Wednesday' I think first and the Sheffield prefix came later? Given that I could stomach RB Wednesday if it meant we were less poo.

I agree - I could stomach RB Wednesday if it mean’t we could have the Red Bull association with all their football knowledge and football business experience. At last we would have a ‘plan’ which we so desperately need.

We would also have the RB Leipzig, RB Salzburg, RB Brazil and RB New York as feeder clubs as all have good academies.

If we could mirror their set ups where the ‘business’ is run by business people and the ‘football club’ side are run by football people.

If Red Bull did become our owner I could settle for a bit of a name change but only to say RB Wednesday.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, owls101 said:

Agree. We should always be Wednesday. we were 'The Wednesday' I think first and the Sheffield prefix came later? Given that I could stomach RB Wednesday if it meant we were less poo.

Yes the Club was officially known as The Wednesday Football Club up until 1929 when they added the Sheffield part.
I think before that though they were generally referred to as Sheffield Wednesday outside the city.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I always just thought the Red Bull thing was completely fabricated, it is isn’t it ? 

Pretty much.

Just idle speculation. 

But then again, every other thread is "We should sign this player/manager" that has much less chance of coming to Hillsborough than Red Bull.

Herries Road would be great for the Soapbox race though.

I would carry a red bull here myself 

RB Sheffield Wednesday or just Wednesday I would have no issue with

our blue and white shirts tend to actually be best when they have a flash of red like the early 90s shirts that had red sponsors etc

what else can go wrong?

literally only issue would be the word ‘red’ but we can get over that if they did what they have for other clubs 

Guest Jack the Hat

I’d be happy with Red bull as long as the players had to come to work in one of those red bull soap boxes on match day - down jawbone hill. What could go wrong. Our players are pretty tough and rarely get injured.

Always amazes me the amount of posts in this type of thread that say bs, never going to happen, why would anyone want us. 

Thing is it might happen and if it doesn’t, it doesn’t? Doesn’t mean ITK posts should get jumped on in the way that they do.