Takeover ??

4 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

We did have debt - he bought and allegedly cleared the debt (which he actually didn't do). The players we had were mid-end championship players at best.

DC needs to go but lets get the facts right 

No we didn't have any debt, We were losing £5m a season under Milan but he wasn't borrowing money from anywhere, so we had no debt. 

And that mid level championship players you mention were the back bone of every team out out for the next 5 season.

Westwood, Lees, Lee, Loovens, Hutch, Palmer, Nuihu. If these are mid championship players how did we ever make it to the play offs.

1 hour ago, Owl said:

As well as the price, the naming rights are also in negotiations. One of the names mentioned was The Wednesday RB. To be honest I’m ok with that #uto 

The naming rights wouldn't be an issue for DC, he couldn't care less what the club is called after he's sold up. Surely any proposed name change would need to be discussed between the new owner and the FA/EFL.

I would love to believe that Red Bull are interested in us, in the same way I'd love to believe that DC would cut his losses and sell us for what we're worth, taking a huge hit.

But being old and cynical my head just wont allow me to be remotely optimistic.

BUT if it did happen I'd be that ecstatic the last thing I'd be concerned about is the naming rights........RB Wednesday would be a dream come true.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

*nightmare

If it meant becoming a successful club again I think all of us could stomach RB Wednesday, provided the traditional colours and nickname remain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, as long as Wednesday stays in the name, everything else can go.

Wednesday has been part of the club from the start.

Owls, the stripes, all of the rest has been picked up along the way and each time something was lost to gain them.

Maybe it's time to lose them to gain something else.

1 minute ago, Tewkesbury said:

Honestly, as long as Wednesday stays in the name, everything else can go.

Wednesday has been part of the club from the start.

Owls, the stripes, all of the rest has been picked up along the way and each time something was lost to gain them.

Maybe it's time to lose them to gain something else.

The Wednesday RB. There’s bit of the old and the new for ya !  #uto 

1 minute ago, Owl said:

The Wednesday RB. There’s bit of the old and the new for ya !  #uto 

Wednesday is probably the most unique name of any club.

Been all over the world, people have heard of it, may not know much other than it exists, but it's enough, and it's something no other club has.

• Like 3

On 14/01/2022 at 12:12, Hughdowd said:

Don’t shoot the messenger here … and it’s only rumours I’ve heard this morning from 3 different people … But heard Chansiri has met potential buyers for Wednesday in Switzerland/ London…Meetings taken place last month …..Please let this be true 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

This is why we need the Neg button back. 

• Haha 1