Takeover ??

Realistically can anyone see this happening. 

he’s in too deep. He’d need to take a mega massive hit on his investment. And knowing him as we all do over the past five years he’s always come across as the spoilt kid. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ANDY said:

he’s in too deep. He’d need to take a mega massive hit on his investment. And knowing him as we all do over the past five years he’s always come across as the spoilt kid. 

Suppose it depends on his personal circumstances, maybe he’s under pressure from his family to get out while he can and get whatever he can for the club. He’s gambled massively and lost fortunes, how far do you go to get back what you’ve put in? It could bankrupt him.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ANDY said:

I certainly can’t see it happening. Just the things that are public knowledge would put off any sensible investor and I dread to think what horror’s would come to the surface during the due diligence phase. As a minimum I’d think we would need to be in the Championship to stand a chance of getting anyone decent to even look at us. 

48 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

NO, 40 years of History.

The last time we gave any one the time to build with the Long term future in mind was 1976-83.

Since then, we have continuously ignored the Future to concentrate all the resources at the club on the 1st team.

Look at the reception the young players have received form the fans over the last 20 years.

Beevers, Haslam, Wood, Geary, Wildsmith, Spurr, the list is endless, all berated by our fans with out allowing them to develop'

All I have ever wanted for this club over the 55 years of supporting them is for us to build some thing that will last longer than a couple of seasons.

Beevers, Haslam, Wood, Geary and Spurr all made over 100 first team appearances. 

How much development time did they need? And did they leave because they were berated by the fans or for other reasons? And were they good enough to represent a long term building strategy?

Got to be honest, I find pinning your idea of a long term strategy on a group of fairly average Championship calibre players a strange response. The same argument might hold much more weight over at S2 (unfortunately) but not here. 

Guest DoesJackHunt
13 minutes ago, ANDY said:

No, it’s not happening, I can’t believe so many are buying into it. 

Investors will always look at clubs under the right circumstances. Derby have huge financial obligations which has slowed matters down but there are various interested parties. So Wednesday would be no different.

The big question is whether those people could really make a difference as even with new ownership at Sunderland it has been run quite tightly. Owners with money to spend (AKA a threat) are not wanted by the clubs running the premier league hence the P&S regulations put in place to stop them spending whilst they continue to be able to do so. 

When Wednesday originally left the premier league the dream was getting a rich owner to spend their way back up. When we finally did, spending vast sums was not permitted. So everyone needs a different plan now ie developing and selling players to those already in a strong position. I think this could be achieved with Chansiri but the benefit of new ownership if that was ever a reality could be getting the fans back on board and removing an element of unpredictability at the very top. Assuming whoever comes in is the right person anyway. 

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Yes because a competent business man takes out a loan for a 10% of his valuation of the property, costing probably in the region of £250,000 to £400,000 for interest and loan charges, when he has the £6m sat in the bank.

OR he takes out the loan because he doesn't have the cash himself.

Of course rather than settle the loan if he keeps the £6m in the bank or invested he is likely to come out on top!! Allways use other people's money seems to be the financial experts mantra.

17 minutes ago, Triple O said:

Of course rather than settle the loan if he keeps the £6m in the bank or invested he is likely to come out on top!! Allways use other people's money seems to be the financial experts mantra.

I have saving I am currently getting 0.01% interest or I can take a loan and pay 3% interest I would be a prat to take a loan out of I can pay for the purchase out of money I have.

but I am not a Thai, business 😁😁😁

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I have saving I am currently getting 0.01% interest or I can take a loan and pay 3% interest I would be a prat to take a loan out of I can pay for the purchase out of money I have.

You are probably not able to invest millions. That is where the money is made 4% and compounding.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It’s not as simple as that. Most wealthy people don’t have their money in an instant access cash ISA, they’re in stocks or property or things even less liquid than that. 

Borrowing that sort of money at 3% interest sounds like a no brainer.

2 hours ago, ANDY said:

To be fair the longer he keeps us, the more of a hole we're going to burn in his pocket.

He isn't making anything whilst he owns us so the best move for him would be to sell and at least get something back.

• Like 1

At some point Chansiri is going to have to cut his losses. Hopefully somebody within his family has or will talk him into accepting his losses. After all 25 million is more money than most people could ever dream of. 

The problem with DC is he never built anything sustainable. He was just given money by his family. He kept saying he ran successful  businesses in Thailand, yet nobody has been able to find any evidence of this being true. 

He is nothing but a spoilt rich man’s son who doesn’t have any idea of what hard work or long term planning is. If only he had the brains to understand that he needed advice from knowledgable people, who knows what we could have achieved. If he threw a billion at us, we’d still end up a disaster waiting to happen. 

I’m not holding my breath, but no wonder people are hoping for a new start. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1