Takeover ??

I just don’t think we’re a very attractive proposition to be honest. 

Ground is tired and outdated with a terrible piece of history connected to it.

Club doesn’t mean anything to young fans anymore, been out of the top flight for 20 years - a long long time.

Training ground needs huge improvements. So does the concourses at the ground and the media facilities.

I don’t think serious money is that interested in Sheffield as a city. Much rather invest in clubs in the south.  

The only thing the club has going for it is the fanbase. Huge work needs to be done to make the club successful and to improve the general infrastructure. I think most investors would want to start with a new ground which would create immediate tension with the fanbase. There’s a reason we’ve not had serious investment in the past 20 years. The only people I can see coming are people looking to make a quick buck, like the current owners. 

Truth hurts. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Club doesn’t mean anything to young fans anymore, been out of the top flight for 20 years - a long long time.

Training ground needs huge improvements. So does the concourses at the ground and the media facilities.

I don’t think serious money is that interested in Sheffield as a city. Much rather invest in clubs in the south.  

The only thing the club has going for it is the fanbase. Huge work needs to be done to make the club successful and to improve the general infrastructure. I think most investors would want to start with a new ground which would create immediate tension with the fanbase. There’s a reason we’ve not had serious investment in the past 20 years. The only people I can see coming are people looking to make a quick buck, like the current owners. 

Truth hurts. 

In some ways a lot of the points you make could work in our favour with regards to attracting investment. I’ll bet a penny to the pound that our next owners will be ones that have a sustainable plan in place to grow the club rather than the boom or bust approach. I’ve seen rumours that the Easdale brothers who are/were involved at Rangers are looking for a club? I could see us being one they are looking at?

32 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

So, no investment this January while the "take over" talks rumble on.

Then surprise, surprise! The "take over" falls through early Feb. 

Cellini at Leeds used to do this every transfer window. 

We don't even own the stadium. No one is buying 25ish league 1 players and a run down training ground for 130m; which is/was Chansiri's asking price. 

Southampton just got bought for 100m. No one is buying Wednesday for more than that.

Call me a cynical sausage by all means but we aren't getting sold, this is just a smoke screen for no January investment in my opinion. 

Shurrup..yer cynical sausage

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Truth hurts. 

current owners ? You think Chansiri is here to make a quick Buck ? 

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

In some ways a lot of the points you make could work in our favour with regards to attracting investment. I’ll bet a penny to the pound that our next owners will be ones that have a sustainable plan in place to grow the club rather than the boom or bust approach. I’ve seen rumours that the Easdale brothers who are/were involved at Rangers are looking for a club? I could see us being one they are looking at?

Perhaps, but my point is there is an awful lot of work to be done. Not a case of someone coming in and providing the funds. It will take serious work to get this club moving, DC hasn’t done anything of note to improve the infrastructure. 

It’s a lottery with owners. We all thought Chansiri was the saviour and then it all turned sour. 

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

current owners ? You think Chansiri is here to make a quick Buck ? 

Yes. Originally that was his plan. Came in and spent an awful sum of money for the first two seasons relying on the help of agents and consultants to source players for immediate success. He wanted us in the Premier League by 2017.

Failed and now he’s stuck with the club.
Hardly improved the club has he? We are in a worse position than when he took control and I can’t point to anything positive off the field that points to progression and success. 

His plan was boom or bust. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Five Archers said:

I got a nerf gun for Christmas but me daughter confiscated it one hour later for (allegedly) shooting her with it. Will ask if you can borrow that mate?

Great, thanks….If your daughter hasn’t destroyed it I’ll borrow the gun and return it in good condition.

1 hour ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

The Venky's are still in charge at Blackburn despite taking them from the PL to League 1 then back up to the championship.

I don't think failure and leaking money are any guarantee that these crackpot owners will just sell up.

Quite a good comparison that mate, as the Venkys now have Blackburn back on the brink of the Premiership, after 10 years of ownership

• Like 1