Takeover ??

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

Agree with all that and would love someone with some sense to buy us. Issue is getting us for a cut price. 

Let's hope someone out there sees the potential.

Any one with any sense would not go near a Football club.

How do you become a Millionaire?.

Ans: Start of as a Billionaire and buy a Football club.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t think serious money is that interested in Sheffield as a city. Much rather invest in clubs in the south.  

Truth hurts. 

Has Newcastle re located to the south then?

and Manchester

and Liverpool 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest hirstysfags
34 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Any one with any sense would not go near a Football club.

How do you become a Millionaire?.

Ans: Start of as a Billionaire and buy a Football club.

What did Ashley end up with at Newcastle? Profit or loss? Serious question, I don't actually know 

50 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Our fan's wont give them time to DEVELOPE the club.

It's win the 1st Div be in the Prem within 2 season, win the Boat race, and discover a cure for Cancer

Self defeatist blame game tripe.

Expectations at SWFC could barely be lower. Fans will give time for a strategy to develop if it’s clear there’s actually a strategy in place.

Do you think there’s a strategy developing now? Is that what you’re basing this on? 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, theowlsman said:

My main concern is that we're halfway through the transfer window, we've known for ages we have issues in the centre back position, we're losing games as a result, we have another game today, and we still haven't done anything about recruitment.

The problem is we're looking for loans and freebies. The clubs looking to off load players like that especially loans will be assessing their squads trying to bring in players. They won't offload until the end of the window when clubs like us will along with others will try and sign them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

So you don’t think he’s skint ?  

Undoubtedly he had issues back when the wages weren’t getting paid

But I doubt he’s brassic, I think he’s set a level that he’s gonna spend on keeping it ticking over and that’s it , no more ,  it’s popular belief on this forum that he’ll never sell but I happen to think he will and he’s actively trying to 

Found the NML signing very strange, won’t be on cheap wages 

2 hours ago, Portia said:

I believe he’s taken the loans out against the stadium out of choice and that he’s abstaining spending his own money while he tries to sell the club. Mandaric did the same thing before he left

Yes because a competent business man takes out a loan for a 10% of his valuation of the property, costing probably in the region of £250,000 to £400,000 for interest and loan charges, when he has the £6m sat in the bank.

OR he takes out the loan because he doesn't have the cash himself.

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Undoubtedly he had issues back when the wages weren’t getting paid

But I doubt he’s brassic, I think he’s set a level that he’s gonna spend on keeping it ticking over and that’s it , no more ,  it’s popular belief on this forum that he’ll never sell but I happen to think he will and he’s actively trying to 

Found the NML signing very strange, won’t be on cheap wages 

NML signing even stranger when we sign Andre Green last season in similar circumstances and he never played for 6 months when he got fit we sold him.

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

Our fan's wont give them time to DEVELOPE the club.

It's win the 1st Div be in the Prem within 2 season, win the Boat race, and discover a cure for Cancer

I think we’re pretty patient. The only times we aren’t patient is when we have a poor manager in place, we can see that it’s not working and we’re all wasting our time 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Self defeatist blame game tripe.

Expectations at SWFC could barely be lower. Fans will give time for a strategy to develop if it’s clear there’s actually a strategy in place.

Do you think there’s a strategy developing now? Is that what you’re basing this on? 

NO, 40 years of History.

The last time we gave any one the time to build with the Long term future in mind was 1976-83.

Since then, we have continuously ignored the Future to concentrate all the resources at the club on the 1st team.

Look at the reception the young players have received form the fans over the last 20 years.

Beevers, Haslam, Wood, Geary, Wildsmith, Spurr, the list is endless, all berated by our fans with out allowing them to develop'

All I have ever wanted for this club over the 55 years of supporting them is for us to build some thing that will last longer than a couple of seasons.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, owlsruleok said:

IF this is true then a fair price in my opinion including the ground ie lock stock and barrel inc players would be around (£65million  - £75million) 

All this is taken into account that a massive upgrade is required on the stadium.

Ps The players would not account to much in the price.😉

It was stated prior to our points deduction that the ground alone was worth in the region of £45 million to £50million so with all add ons plus land  prices going up in this time, my opinion remains the same.

• Haha 1