Takeover ??

4 hours ago, ANDY said:

Realistically can anyone see this happening. 

he’s in too deep. He’d need to take a mega massive hit on his investment. And knowing him as we all do over the past five years he’s always come across as the spoilt kid. 

Yes, but even Chansiri must realise that the longer he hangs in, the bigger his losses. We are further away from getting to the Premier League than we were when he bought the club and he will eventually run out of money.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

I have saving I am currently getting 0.01% interest or I can take a loan and pay 3% interest I would be a prat to take a loan out of I can pay for the purchase out of money I have.

but I am not a Thai, business 😁😁😁

It’s not really relevant to the situation with the stadium. However, I could get a retirement mortgage at 2.99% and invest it all in my current ISA, which has made a 7.5% return over the last 7 months. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

Yes, but even Chansiri must realise that the longer he hangs in, the bigger his losses. We are further away from getting to the Premier League than we were when he bought the club and he will eventually run out of money.

39 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

It’s not really relevant to the situation with the stadium. However, I could get a retirement mortgage at 2.99% and invest it all in my current ISA, which has made a 7.5% return over the last 7 months. 

I was trying to make the point why waste 000's on interest if you have the cash in the bank.

5 hours ago, swfc1983 said:

Suppose it depends on his personal circumstances, maybe he’s under pressure from his family to get out while he can and get whatever he can for the club. He’s gambled massively and lost fortunes, how far do you go to get back what you’ve put in? It could bankrupt him.

If I was in his shoes I’d have sold the club once Bruce left. Whilst he was here I thought we would have had a very good chance of going up. The rest is history as they say. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Why have neither Sheffield club seen significant investment in its history? 

Not an attractive city for the big money men. 

You dont think Chansiri has invested significantly?....so you dont think he's wasted a load of cash then?

16 minutes ago, Ian said:

You dont think Chansiri has invested significantly?....so you dont think he's wasted a load of cash then?

When you invest money you, you invest to either build or improve something.

Chansiri has not invested in the club, the youth system, the ground or the future of the club.

He has WASTED millions on players wages, transfer fees and probably agents fees, oh and paying off failed managers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

When you invest money you, you invest to either build or improve something.

Chansiri has not invested in the club, the youth system, the ground or the future of the club.

He has WASTED millions on players wages, transfer fees and probably agents fees, oh and paying off failed managers.

We are getting in to semantics now

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

We are getting in to semantics now

No he has spent £200m to make us worse than when he bought us.

his investment was £32.5m + a new pitch, he got a championship mid table lub, with no debt, a ground, a team made mainly of free agents and kids though the core of that team included Westwood, Lees, Lee, Hutch, Loovens, Palmer, Nuihu which have been the main stay of our squad for the last 5-7 years.

we now have a team mid table in the league below, losing £20m+ a season, No ground and no players in contract past next summer, he has already used future season ticket money for next season and other multi years ticket.

his investment is probably worth about £10m max 

10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No he has spent £200m to make us worse than when he bought us.

his investment was £32.5m + a new pitch, he got a championship mid table lub, with no debt, a ground, a team made mainly of free agents and kids though the core of that team included Westwood, Lees, Lee, Hutch, Loovens, Palmer, Nuihu which have been the main stay of our squad for the last 5-7 years.

we now have a team mid table in the league below, losing £20m+ a season, No ground and no players in contract past next summer, he has already used future season ticket money for next season and other multi years ticket.

his investment is probably worth about £10m max 

When I put my money in the bank in an "investement account" what exactly am I building or improving?

• Like 2

Redbull again perhaps. They've been sniffing around the club for a while but DC price was always too steep given stadium sale and him wanting to recoup almost all outlay so far.

If DC / family have decided it's too much of a money pit and they are willing to take a significant write down then it may happen.

Why Redbull/ Wednesday? Red Bull Owls, wings, etc. Significant catchment area, 4th biggest city, heritage of Sheffield in football terms, blah.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Redbull again perhaps. They've been sniffing around the club for a while but DC price was always too steep given stadium sale and him wanting to recoup almost all outlay so far.

If DC / family have decided it's too much of a money pit and they are willing to take a significant write down then it may happen.

Why Redbull/ Wednesday? Red Bull Owls, wings, etc. Significant catchment area, 4th biggest city, heritage of Sheffield in football terms, blah.

Would be very good,

RB Owls or RB Wednesday? 

• Like 1

Multi billionaire arrives at Hillsborough to seal the deal but gets turned away on the South Stand bridge by Abigail, the 23 year old steward from Wincobank, on a mission to rid the world of Covid. Typical Wednesday chapter 5464. 

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, room0035 said:

Yes because a competent business man takes out a loan for a 10% of his valuation of the property, costing probably in the region of £250,000 to £400,000 for interest and loan charges, when he has the £6m sat in the bank.

OR he takes out the loan because he doesn't have the cash himself.

Wealthy people borrow money because they value liquidity. For the last 10 to 15 years borrowing money has made wealthy people very wealthy.  

• Like 3