We've been out fought twice by Plymouth

We lost  tamely against Oxford

Bolton played us off the park at Hillsborough

We struggled away at Cambridge

We let a 2 goal lead slip at Cheltenham

We got lucky in the home draw v Wycombe

But you're right

It's just a blip

Plymouth in League was the worse performance of the season 100%.

We have also let leads slop away and played games that we should have won but didn't however before the season started I was hoping for a season of stability with mid table to outside chance of play offs so in general I'm OK with this season.

Hopefully over next few weeks we win more than we lose and by end of February be within a game or 2 of the play offs.

• Haha 4

We don't have the bottle or character to get in the playoffs, and if we do we will capitulate.

Been let down far to many times after hearing them all giving it large at the start of the season. Losing at home to Hartlepool with a decent team out just lifts the veil on our true capacity as a team. Meanwhile massive Rotherham, Wigan and Wycombe sit comfortably above us.

Nobody can defend that pathetic performance tonight and if we're being honest, we all know from the past few seasons that this is not just a rare occasion. The lack of effort, desire, bottle and character gave us all a nice new year's welcome.

Why did Moore not go with a more conservative and experienced back four? Why did we play further up field than we have done against many worse teams - of all the teams to play a higher line against, Moore chooses Sunderland away. Why? It was lucky not to be 8. My Sunderland friends thought we were one of the worst teams to play them this season and I think they were being diplomatic. I understand we might lose away to a promotion contender, but the manner in which we lost should not be acceptable to any Chairman, manager, player or supporter of this club. If we lose, we go down fighting we don't wimp out but there are few consequences for the latter so it just keeps happening more often. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Daz said:

We don't have the bottle or character to get in the playoffs, and if we do we will capitulate.

Been let down far to many times after hearing them all giving it large at the start of the season. Losing at home to Hartlepool with a decent team out just lifts the veil on our true capacity as a team. Meanwhile massive Rotherham, Wigan and Wycombe sit comfortably above us.

Nobody can defend that pathetic performance tonight and if we're being honest, we all know from the past few seasons that this is not just a rare occasion. The lack of effort, desire, bottle and character gave us all a nice new year's welcome.

Why did Moore not go with a more conservative and experienced back four? Why did we play further up field than we have done against many worse teams - of all the teams to play a higher line against, Moore chooses Sunderland away. Why? It was lucky not to be 8. My Sunderland friends thought we were one of the worst teams to play them this season and I think they were being diplomatic. I understand we might lose away to a promotion contender, but the manner in which we lost should not be acceptable to any Chairman, manager, player or supporter of this club. If we lose, we go down fighting we don't wimp out but there are few consequences for the latter so it just keeps happening more often. 

Picking M-L from start an a poor defensive midfield condemns him. I thought we had been led to believe Hutch was going to play..perhaps he"s ill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ashley8 said:

Stop making excuses they haven't had covid all season!!! Shocking and pathetic.

I'd they are struggling from covud effects then tell me this... if you play and your unwell you mess up and you look off and struggle to keep the pace... not lacking EFFORT You try your beat and can't manage. Watching them they looked un interested not busting a gut but not well enough.... I feel for any of then who are struggling but struggling is trying but failing because you can't not stroling about and not even trying. They should be red faced headless chickens trying but it's just not happening.... that's not what it looked like to me. Moore OUT

He has a lot more players to pick from than many managers in this league 

Edited by victorturner
typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I will never understand where the advantage is of changing managers all the time.

Every manager should have at least one season

It seems to me that some people here just have an issue with Moore as a person, which has nothing to do with his work for the club or his ability as a manager

I don't think DM would get us out of this division if he had another 5 seasons. He's just not up to it.

• Like 4

Guest Mad Mik

Never heard so much ******** drivel in all my life from you lot, were a pretty ordinary club in a pretty ordinary division, the teams above us didn't have to start this season with almost an entire new squad let alone team, it can take a season to bed just a couple of signings in , yet you lot think a league one manager can bed a new squad in in less than six months 😂😂😂😂, this season was only ever about consolidation at best,,, get behind your team you moaning ********

3 minutes ago, Mad Mik said:

Never heard so much ******** drivel in all my life from you lot, were a pretty ordinary club in a pretty ordinary division, the teams above us didn't have to start this season with almost an entire new squad let alone team, it can take a season to bed just a couple of signings in , yet you lot think a league one manager can bed a new squad in in less than six months 😂😂😂😂, this season was only ever about consolidation at best,,, get behind your team you moaning ********

20211231_010243.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Owls2k said:

That is also secondary to the fact we are 5 points from the playoffs and 10 off the top two having played half a season. 

Completely unacceptable by any reasonable metric. 

3 hours ago, billyblack said:

Why does anybody think we should be anywhere else?

In the last few hours I've made a couple of references to a thread I found from the start of the season which had 155 posts in it. There was a large consensus that even a play-off challenge might not be a realistic expectation under the circumstances. Yet half a season of stumbling, inconsistent performances later, where about a third of the squad are persistently decried as not good enough, and now we should be rampaging to the title to the point where terms like 'shambolic' and 'unacceptable' are being liberally sprayed around?

2 hours ago, GermanBird said:

I will never understand where the advantage is of changing managers all the time.

Every manager should have at least one season

It seems to me that some people here just have an issue with Moore as a person, which has nothing to do with his work for the club or his ability as a manager

I'm not convinced by the last sentence at all. But the first part is certainly relevant. It's more a reflection of modern society where everything is 'give it me now or get out with my foot up your backside' and this can be seen wherever you look, not just in football.

3 hours ago, Daz said:

I'll bite DJ... hope you're well!

Not too shabby all things considered. Hope you're good too.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

The biggest test of Moore's management will come on Sunday as we have to bounce back with a win to stay in touch.

How many of those "biggest tests" have we had? When we lose or draw on Sunday, the next match will be his "biggest test". And the beat goes on.

7 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Of course you are correct but please consider this. DM CHOOSES to start with Palmer Dunkley Johnson. DM COULD start with Patterson* Dunkley Brennan. All of whom are natural centre backs with instincts associated with that position honed over many years practicing to play in that position. DM CHOOSES to play 3 defenders when he COULD play 4. His choices and decisions are not working.  

*Patterson himself admitted in a recent interview that although he prefers to play as a striker, he is most effective as a centre back. 

Fair points.  I don’t know if they did but observations like this are ones which local journalists should be putting to DM in the post match press conference.  

It is difficult to understand DM’s decision making at times.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daz said:

Said the same back in 91, 92 and 93.

The disgusting defeats away at arsenal and home to Leeds in 91/92.

the rolling over in the cups in 92/93.

remember the thumpings by Man Utd? 5 nil away in 93/94.

at least this team is made up of freebies, ex offenders and borrowed cast offs so they have some kind of excuse.

7 hours ago, Mad Mik said:

B3E36662-9EAF-4A01-A3A3-C6087A88494B.gif

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, billyblack said:

Why does anybody think we should be anywhere else?

Because of the squad we have at our disposal, their experience and the level of the other teams in the league. 

We've played well in about 4 matches. 

• Thanks 1