And people still defend this manager

2 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Stop trying to defend such a shambolic performance by looking for pathetic excuses.  A decent team shows a bit of character and battles back from such a setback.  We show no fight at all, unless you count Bannan’s petulance.

Chill out, dude.

I don't think pointing out that the first goal was offside is a big deal. If the linesman spots the obvious, then we carry on at 0-0.

We've been dreadful since Dunkley got injured, but that's hardly surprising given we now have a defence of Palmer, Johnson and Brennan, is it? 

They just don't seem to have the basics of defending between them without a seasoned centre-back there to organise them.

Another aspect to this particular story is this:

Chansiri will have been encouraged by the unbeaten run recently and both he and Moore will have been thinking we just get to the January window then sign a few more loans/free signings and storm to promotion/playoffs

So Channers won't have been looking around for a replacement

This sudden defeat puts him in the predicament that if he sacks Moore we could well go months before finding any manager prepared to come to this club to work under these conditions for this chairman

Also - Channers could see this defeat as a one off stumble in form against the team top of the division and might stick to plan A of getting to January transfer window

Not saying he should or shouldn't sack him - just that I doubt very much he's even considered looking for a replacement in the background yet

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Out of interest I looked back to the start of the season to try and find some opinions about where we stood at the time. Given how obvious it was that...

a) Moore is hopeless

b) Our recruitment has been dismal (to some degree or other)

c) Automatic promotion should be the reasonable expectation

...then there is a distinct lack of such opinions being reflected in the thread linked below. It's a funny old game.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Another aspect to this particular story is this:

Chansiri will have been encouraged by the unbeaten run recently and both he and Moore will have been thinking we just get to the January window then sign a few more loans/free signings and storm to promotion/playoffs

So Channers won't have been looking around for a replacement

This sudden defeat puts him in the predicament that if he sacks Moore we could well go months before finding any manager prepared to come to this club to work under these conditions for this chairman

Also - Channers could see this defeat as a one off stumble in form against the team top of the division and might stick to plan A of getting to January transfer window

Not saying he should or shouldn't sack him - just that I doubt very much he's even considered looking for a replacement in the background yet

Fair points, but wouldn't bet against this rabble losing again on Sunday at Shrewsbury, which will cue an epic meltdown. 

We had that poor spell earlier in the season, maybe some contingency work was done then on managers, but doubt it. Irrespective, the thought of Chansiri appointing a new manager frightens me to death. 

Just now, striker said:

Fair points, but wouldn't bet against this rabble losing again on Sunday at Shrewsbury, which will cue an epic meltdown. 

We had that poor spell earlier in the season, maybe some contingency work was done then on managers, but doubt it. Irrespective, the thought of Chansiri appointing a new manager frightens me to death. 

Same mate

We could well go on a bad run

Equally we could go on a crazy positive one 

It's a bonkers league and an unprecedented season

But yeah - Channers shopping for managers on top of all that would be horrific

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Sheffield Wednesday having a good season in the 3rd division of English football is not “unattainable perfection”. It should be an absolute minimum standard. 

Been really hard trying to debate this very point recently.....acceptance of poor performances and results,in a league full of poor sides,together with seeing the two teams relegated with us do so much better has been galling......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Been really hard trying to debate this very point recently.....acceptance of poor performances and results,in a league full of poor sides,together with seeing the two teams relegated with us do so much better has been galling......

It's frustrating yes - for sure

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Chill out, dude.

I don't think pointing out that the first goal was offside is a big deal. If the linesman spots the obvious, then we carry on at 0-0.

We've been dreadful since Dunkley got injured, but that's hardly surprising given we now have a defence of Palmer, Johnson and Brennan, is it? 

They just don't seem to have the basics of defending between them without a seasoned centre-back there to organise them.

Ok, I’ve been meditating for the last 5 minutes and now feel pretty serene 😀  Can’t agree on first goal but certainly with you on performance since losing Dunkley - this must be up there with Stevenage in 2011.

2 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Ok, I’ve been meditating for the last 5 minutes and now feel pretty serene 😀  Can’t agree on first goal but certainly with you on performance since losing Dunkley - this must be up there with Stevenage in 2011.

I just hope Dunkley's only gone off as a precaution, or one of Iorfa, Hutchinson or Gibson is ready to return.

We simply can't go on with a back three like this one.

• Like 2

A couple of times in this thread we've spun the wheel of angry football manager slogans and come up with the 'not achieved anything' chestnut. Well, can someone tell me what Moore has done so wrong in that regard that his rivals at the top of League One have got so right? Because if you looked at their records without the benefit of seeing the names and clubs, you'd struggle to pick out any of them as having the kind of pedigree that some fans are evidently expecting.

It's almost as if such opinions are being expressed out of nothing short of expedience, passing itself off unconvincingly as considered thought.

• Like 2
  • Love 2