And people still defend this manager

14 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I had an argument on here with some numpty at the start of the season

I told him going into the season with 4 centre half's was irresponsible,

One is a crock (Hutchinson) 

Two others have come back from long term injury (Iorfa and Dunkley)

And the 4th was a loanee from Everton

The numpty accused me of knowing nothing about football

We need to sign two centre half's in January, minimum

If they're available, they're either no good or injuries waiting to happen

• Like 1

On 31/12/2021 at 00:54, TaxiMark said:

Plymouth? 

Yes I'd extinguished that from my memory, outfought from minute 1 that day(not that I was in the ground from minute 1).

Still another 12game unbeaten run and we will be in top 6 by end of that.

Personally I'm fed up of sacking managers every few months so would rather give Moore a couple of seasons to see what he can do.

• Like 1

On 31/12/2021 at 02:17, Athelwulf said:

Ultimately it’s about whether you think we should be doing better with this group of players.

I’d say we should.

And yet when I searched this forum back to the start of the season, sentiments that a promotion challenge ought to be straightforward were largely absent. More people seemed concerned that we might struggle if anything. What have we showed since then to lead to this sudden fury that we are underachieving? 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

And yet when I searched this forum back to the start of the season, sentiments that a promotion challenge ought to be straightforward were largely absent. More people seemed concerned that we might struggle if anything. What have we showed since then to lead to this sudden fury that we are underachieving? 

Before the season it looked like we were going to be relying on the U23s to provide much of the squad. Since then DM was able to bring in, on the face of it, some top players for this league. Now we have, on paper, a squad that certainly should be top six as a minimum. That's what's changed expectations IMO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Before the season it looked like we were going to be relying on the U23s to provide much of the squad. Since then DM was able to bring in, on the face of it, some top players for this league. Now we have, on paper, a squad that certainly should be top six as a minimum. That's what's changed expectations IMO.

Top Six at the end of the season yes

It's only just January

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

The thread I was referring to came from the first week of August. Since then, our only signings have been Sow, Berahino and Mendez-Laing. 

4 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Aye it’s January and we’ve signed better players that what we had in the championship and got worse 

If we've really managed to replace players we spent big fees on with better players who cost nothing, then that's quite phenomenal recruitment, isn't it?

I'm not sure we signed better than Reach, Lees, Odubajo or Westwood, though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The thread I was referring to came from the first week of August. Since then, our only signings have been Sow, Berahino and Mendez-Laing. 

When Moore started recruiting the likes of Sow, Berahino and other similar unemployed footballers it was said we might get one that turns out to be a bit of a ‘gem’

That type of management is ‘last hope’ and prey in the hope it might just pay off and win som praise. 
Sorry but pay peanuts get monkeys as it’s therefore hard to see many of the last summer’s signings doing anything to get supporters adrenaline racing.

Wing reminds me of a poor Adam Reach - has all the potential but too scared (or bothered) to break into a sweat for our club.

This nightmare will only end when Chansiri sells up and new owners have a Brentford style plan - just don’t think it will happen anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If we've really managed to replace players we spent big fees on with better players who cost nothing, then that's quite phenomenal recruitment, isn't it?

I'm not sure we signed better than Reach, Lees, Odubajo or Westwood, though.

Odubajo?

• Like 1

On 31/12/2021 at 00:35, Waddle93 said:

Plymouth in League was the worse performance of the season 100%.

We have also let leads slop away and played games that we should have won but didn't however before the season started I was hoping for a season of stability with mid table to outside chance of play offs so in general I'm OK with this season.

Hopefully over next few weeks we win more than we lose and by end of February be within a game or 2 of the play offs.

Yeah meanwhile Rotherham win again and go top,WW win and get 3 more points pulling further away...but we are to be happy with mid table and maybe,maybe a push for a play off place....

What is the matter with our fan base satisfied with such a lack  of ambition?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, parajack said:

Yeah meanwhile Rotherham win again and go top,WW win and get 3 more points pulling further away...but we are to be happy with mid table and maybe,maybe a push for a play off place....

What is the matter with our fan base satisfied with such a lack  of ambition?

Nobody has a lack of ambition

But not everyone has a childish petulance and a need to be top of the league at Christmas, knowing full well there's everything to play for and that there's lots of games to be played

It's not where you're at in January but at the end of the season that matters

The way some are spitting dummies out and crying like babies at the moment is embarrassing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

The repeated mentions of Rotherham tells a tale. Can't help thinking their being on top is a big part of the problem to some here, who let's face it are primed for a bit of wailing at the best of times.

It's an important psychological principle, especially in this modern era of superficiality and fakery, to compare yourself to who you were yesterday and not to who someone else is today.