And people still defend this manager

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I had an argument on here with some numpty at the start of the season

I told him going into the season with 4 centre half's was irresponsible,

One is a crock (Hutchinson) 

Two others have come back from long term injury (Iorfa and Dunkley)

And the 4th was a loanee from Everton

The numpty accused me of knowing nothing about football

We need to sign two centre half's in January, minimum

We need to sign 2 fit defenders not crocks with biscuit legs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Halfway through the season, 8th 5 points off playoffs, 10 points of automatic.

Too defensive minded yet we concede goals for fun.

Strange team selections, seems certain players who no matter how they play always get picked or brought back into side and some players get dropped no even if they are playing well.

Not good enough really.

3 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Too defensive minded

You think? My biggest issue with Moore is we don’t seem to have any sort of defensive structure whatsover, no organisation!

We seem to play with too many attackers, push them high up the pitch and just hope something clicks. While constantly leaving the 3 make shift CBs isolated.

Edited by 0114

5 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Too defensive minded yet we concede goals for fun.

Before tonight, we had the third best defensive record in the division. And one of those better than us was by a single goal.

Claiming things that are demonstrably false is not likely to bolster your credibility.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 0114 said:

You think? My biggest issue with Moore is we don’t seem to have any sort of defensive structure whatsover, no organisation!

We seem to play with too many attackers, push them high up the pitch and just hope something clicks. While constantly leaving the 3 make shift CBs isolated.

This 100%
How people cannot see it amazes me 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Before tonight, we had the third best defensive record in the division. And one of those better than us was by a single goal.

Claiming things that are demonstrably false is not likely to bolster your credibility.

And we have looked liked conceding every game only poor opposition have saved us 

Moores tactics are abysmal 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

And how many late goals have we conceded to snatch a draw from the jaws of victory!

5 goals tonight and they were easy!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I had an argument on here with some numpty at the start of the season

I told him going into the season with 4 centre half's was irresponsible,

One is a crock (Hutchinson) 

Two others have come back from long term injury (Iorfa and Dunkley)

And the 4th was a loanee from Everton

The numpty accused me of knowing nothing about football

We need to sign two centre half's in January, minimum

^^^^^ This. End of. 

1 minute ago, Mike Hunt said:

And we have looked liked conceding every game only poor opposition have saved us 

Those are the margins that exist in almost every single game. What better example could there be than the 1993 FA Cup semi final where the 2-1 score did nothing to reflect our near total dominance.

• Like 1

I'd just like to point out that I think Darren Moore is a super bloke

I wanted him to succeed as much as the next man

But going in to a 9 month season with 4 centre half's, 3 of whom have got injury records is reckless beyond belief

To give some sort of comparison

International teams take 4 centre half's to a 4 week tournament, and all 4 will have an injury free run up to the tournament

My other problem with Moore is his insistance of playing out from the back, or suicide football as I call it

We're in the pub league, this division is all about set plays, free kicks and corners, not fannnying about with the ball at the back

• Love 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Another aspect to this particular story is this:

Chansiri will have been encouraged by the unbeaten run recently and both he and Moore will have been thinking we just get to the January window then sign a few more loans/free signings and storm to promotion/playoffs

So Channers won't have been looking around for a replacement

This sudden defeat puts him in the predicament that if he sacks Moore we could well go months before finding any manager prepared to come to this club to work under these conditions for this chairman

Also - Channers could see this defeat as a one off stumble in form against the team top of the division and might stick to plan A of getting to January transfer window

Not saying he should or shouldn't sack him - just that I doubt very much he's even considered looking for a replacement in the background yet

CHANNERS ?!!! Give over, he's not one of us FFS