And people still defend this manager

Just now, Jim said:

After the enforced break and 2 consecutive away games to follow, the likelihood was we were always going to lose them unfortunately. The season is on a knife edge now and Moore needs to shuffle the pack now and if that means selling some of the big hitters now then that’s what he has to do but I think we’re looking at building a side that can perform better next season now at this level as we’re probably not going up this?

We have acquired numerous wingers but we do not seem to be able to attack down the flanks and get crosses in. Why? DM or somebody needs to answer this

3 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Got to go 

I am fed up of people making excuses for him , we are completely devoid of ideas and tactics, other teams have more desire and fight 

Shambles 

Do not understand with all these wingers we do not dominate by attacking down the flanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brad_owl said:

UNTENABLE!!!!!

NO MOORE!!!!!

An ex centre back that can't teach his team how to defend. Mind boggling.

Moore..do the right thing

And fizz off.

You've had long enough

The job is too big for you

Go manage a co op 

Useless,never done owt..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mac_77 said:

In defence of DM, the club is stale and rotten to the core. It’s an uphill job for anyone.

Until the club is dragged into the 21st century, whoever is in the dugout makes little difference. 

Sadly true. As the list of managerial failures grows longer and longer this becomes ever more clear.

1 minute ago, Mac_77 said:

In defence of DM, the club is stale and rotten to the core. It’s an uphill job for anyone.

Until the club is dragged into the 21st century, whoever is in the dugout makes little difference. 

That stale he brought in 14 new players and made it worse 

• Like 3

He has to go nice bloke and all and i really thought we would go somewere this season, however the last two games have shown we have no plan,players are no longer playing for Moore in my opinion, no confidence no idea were there playing times up .....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jim said:

After the enforced break and 2 consecutive away games to follow, the likelihood was we were always going to lose them unfortunately. The season is on a knife edge now and Moore needs to shuffle the pack now and if that means selling some of the big hitters now then that’s what he has to do but I think we’re looking at building a side that can perform better next season now at this level as we’re probably not going up this?

Sell?? We only have Bannan who is worth a fee, the rest you couldn't give away

I think Moore deserves a chance to put things right in the January window.  I can't remember the last time we had two fit senior centre-backs.  We've had a rotten season with injuries and the timing and effects of Covid.  To be fair to him, he refused to let Covid be used as an excuse after Sunderland. 

I've seen a lot of awful performances from us so far and part of me is getting frustrated with him, but think back to the state we were in back in May.  It was always going to take time.  I get why fans are angry, I just think he deserves a full season given the amount of players that had to be integrated and the number of key players that have only played a handful of games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Sadly true. As the list of managerial failures grows longer and longer this becomes ever more clear.

When Monk went, the next choice was key. But Chansiri torpedoed Pulis. It was unlikely he would have been a failure in the long term. We think DC demands control or involvement in key decisions.

2 minutes ago, Brian said:

I think Moore deserves a chance to put things right in the January window.  I can't remember the last time we had two fit senior centre-backs.  We've had a rotten season with injuries and the timing and effects of Covid.  To be fair to him, he refused to let Covid be used as an excuse after Sunderland. 

I've seen a lot of awful performances from us so far and part of me is getting frustrated with him, but think back to the state we were in back in May.  It was always going to take time.  I get why fans are angry, I just think he deserves a full season given the amount of players that had to be integrated and the number of key players that have only played a handful of games.

Centre back is not a problem area. We do have enough. The problem is in attack and maybe still midfield as it has been for four years. Luongo unfortunately not fit enough and like Hutch gets yellow cards

3 minutes ago, Brian said:

I’m not a football manager but if I was and we only had two fit centre backs then I would play a formation that only requires two centre backs and not 3.

Also if I had loads of wingers in the squad then I would play a formation which utilises wingers rather than wingbacks.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, Brian said:

There is absolutely nothing in Moores managerial record to suggest he is capable of turning it around. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Brian said:

I don’t like to see manager’s sacked, and like many others have noted, although we don’t know Darren on a personal level, he does come across as being a decent guy who wants the best for us. But personally, I’ve just got no faith in him anymore. I don’t trust him. Too much tinkering. Liam Palmer has played in 3 different positions today. Patterson started as a striker on Boxing Day, and as a right wing back today. The players must be baffled. You say it’s not his fault regarding the fit centre backs, and that’s true. But then play a formation that uses 2 instead of 3. We’ve still be playing a right back and a left winger as part of a make shift back 3. 

I don’t know where we go from here. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

Centre back is not a problem area. We do have enough. The problem is in attack and maybe still midfield as it has been for four years. Luongo unfortunately not fit enough and like Hutch gets yellow cards

Basically it’s throughout the team that there’s problems.

Sharper strikers, better DMs, left and centre of defence.

And I can’t get my head around why we’ve had a problem with managers for two and a half decades. I know in the 90s we signed players on dumb contracts that meant we lost them when relegated from the Premier League, then we suffered under Dave Allen, Mandaric, whilst a saviour was not someone interested in investment - and when we finally got a chairman willing to invest, it was one more willing to gamble his own money than spend it wisely by having good counsel.

I’m coming round to thinking we need a Director of Football figure that can spot weaknesses, help whoever is the manager, or decide when to change manager. Someone who has the club’s interests at heart and is a stabilising figure.

1 hour ago, Jwowl said:

Why would Alex Neil actually come here? 

1) We’ve got the best squad in the division.

2) We’ve got the best player in the world.
3) We’ve got Corbeneau as the first name on the team sheet. 
4) We’ve got Berahino and Mendez Laing to sort us out for e’s and whiz

5) We’ve got a (nearly) new scoreboard
6) We’ve not defaulted on wages for at least six months.

7) We’ve got loyal customers

What’s not to like. ??

5 minutes ago, SDS Owl said:

There is absolutely nothing in Moores managerial record to suggest he is capable of turning it around. 

I know, I get it.  However, Grayson and Wellens are promotion winners and look how things have gone for them this season.  Whoever might come in - and there doesn't look to be too many enticing realistic options - will still have to deal with lots of key players missing, a soft embargo, and all the baggage that remains after the last few seasons.  After last year, I just want to see some stability and see a manager get at least a full season.

Ultimately, I think you'll be proved right, but I'm standing by my original position.  Perhaps following Wednesday for 30 years has turned me into a complete masochist!