Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

3 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

If you ask most physiotherapists most normal injuries happen becouse your not at a peak level of fitness. 

So very much an overweight looking Wickham that we signed on loan the other year I'm not surprised. 

It also adds weight to the post Carlos holiday camp injury crisis we had. 

Reyt fat b*stard, eh?

:duntmatter:

Wickham.jpeg.c034621a59eca93f5c32295dd40915a0.jpeg

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Reyt fat b*stard, eh?

:duntmatter:

Wickham.jpeg.c034621a59eca93f5c32295dd40915a0.jpeg

That’s a disgrace of a figure for a man who’s injuries have only allowed him to play 77 times in 8 seasons 

what a terrible unprofessional he is

feel for Connor he tries to get himself fit and then gets horror injuries a footballer who’s built mentally to compete what does that do to a guy mentally ( I know the money will help ) but I’m sure he’d much rather play

it’s like every time he gets fit he gets his chance abs breaks down  

• Like 3

A lot of modern footballers are really skinny.  

You kind of think someone like Hutchinson is a big strong unit, in the flesh he is like most footballers smallish and very skinny.  I once saw Sol Bamba out and about, again you think the guy would be a beast in the flesh, he isn't at all really.  Wickham to me looks a bit heavy in his upper body for a footballer.  You get freakish guys like Lukaku and Antonio who are build like houses and can run all day as well, but they are very much exceptions.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

A lot of modern footballers are really skinny.  

You kind of think someone like Hutchinson is a big strong unit, in the flesh he is like most footballers smallish and very skinny.  I once saw Sol Bamba out and about, again you think the guy would be a beast in the flesh, he isn't at all really.  Wickham to me looks a bit heavy in his upper body for a footballer.  You get freakish guys like Lukaku and Antonio who are build like houses and can run all day as well, but they are very much exceptions.  

Yes it’s strange when you meet them in person. I remember queuing up next to Tom Lees in town and you think he’s a big unit of a centre back. But he was very slim and just looked in incredible shape.

1 hour ago, modboy said:

Ridiculous we are two weeks into the transfer window and haven't signed a desperately needed CB

We're hardly in a strong negotiating position are we. We will have to beg, borrow or steal to bring anyone in.

Likely to be the last few days of the window before there's any movement as everyone assesses their squad and decides who they are happy to let go.

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Feel for Wickham.

So do I. So much promise at a young age and his career ruined by injuries.

He's going to struggle to get a club now. I'd be happy to see him train here with our lads to see if he can get fit, get a few games at U23 level and maybe pick his career up at a lower level.  With the money he's been paid he might just decide his body is telling him to retire.

• Like 1

There was a picture on social media in the summer and he looked in incredible condition, the problem lies when you do one injury it put more than usual pressure on other parts of your body usually resulting in injuries to muscles due to over compensation. I did my acl and cartledge and although went back playing Sundays never good enough or fit enough for Saturdays after that .

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

We're hardly in a strong negotiating position are we. We will have to beg, borrow or steal to bring anyone in.

Likely to be the last few days of the window before there's any movement as everyone assesses their squad and decides who they are happy to let go.

Every window is the same and costs us several points each time 😞

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fpowl said:

Defoe has just left rangers in his player coach role 

32 goals 74 appearances mainly off the bench 

I look at this thinking end of season 12 month contract got to be better than bringing on berahino and his experience could help on the training pitch and changing room 

I was thinking along similar lines when I saw this news. Reportedly, he’s thinking about taking his coaching badges now he’s 39, but discouraged by the lack of opportunities for black managers. Since Charlton are apparently on the radar, he isn’t worried about dropping down the leagues. I hope DM has at least spoken to him about coming here until the end of the season. We could do a very great deal worse (and frequently have).

1 hour ago, modboy said:

Every window is the same and costs us several points each time 😞

We are so slow to react. 

The last January window relegated us.

The one before that we dithered and ended up with Wickham and Da Cruz on loan.

We are desperate for defenders. For once I’d like us to be proactive and get them in so we are sorted for the rest of the month. Could be the difference between mid table and play offs.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We are so slow to react. 

The last January window relegated us.

The one before that we dithered and ended up with Wickham and Da Cruz on loan.

We are desperate for defenders. For once I’d like us to be proactive and get them in so we are sorted for the rest of the month. Could be the difference between mid table and play offs.

Play offs could be out of reach by February if we don’t sign wot is required? Sadly the manager will not try different formations or tactics which means few new players required to make this one work? All madness when you look how we recruited in the summer to then abandon it after 5/6 games when we’d lost a couple that really should have won

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Play offs could be out of reach by February if we don’t sign wot is required? Sadly the manager will not try different formations or tactics which means few new players required to make this one work? All madness when you look how we recruited in the summer to then abandon it after 5/6 games when we’d lost a couple that really should have won

Agreed. I think we actually look better going forward in the current formation, but we don’t have the defenders to play it when we pick up injuries. So we will continue to drop points until we sign appropriate cover to play the formation.