Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

17 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Yep but my point was, this should all have been in place before Jan 1st i.e. identify the sending back of loanees that don't contribute much, so replacements could be brought in asap. We need to strengthen now, not flounder about til the end of January bringing in crocks and journeymen that no one else wants.

It's not always up to us which players we send back. They are season long loans and the option to cut it short often rests with the parent club.  If the players are rubbish they don't want them back, they are happy to leave them out on loan and save the wages.

Corbeanu was a case in point, the parent club took him back.  I'm sure in some cases of up and coming players who we just can't use (as if) the parent club would rather move them but in other cases they won't.

We could easily be left with what we've got.

56 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Yep but my point was, this should all have been in place before Jan 1st i.e. identify the sending back of loanees that don't contribute much, so replacements could be brought in asap. We need to strengthen now, not flounder about til the end of January bringing in crocks and journeymen that no one else wants.

The issue is that loans get sorted after the permanent transfers to fill gaps in squads.

We'll be at the back of the queue.

Who would come here on loan to develop when DM always picks the over 30s first.

He'd rather pick players on form from 3 years ago than give younger players a run in the team to build form this season unless the inevitable injuries to said older plauers happen. 

All if the younger players are benchwarming whilst we play the old folk, and wonder why we don't have the legs to play a full 90 minutes.

• Like 2

One player I would be bringing in is Andrew Wisdom former Derby centre back can, play all across the back line, has good injury record, a free agents but a lot of experience, former Liverpool and England under 21 international at 28 just the rights for a professional footballer.

Would give us cover for CB and RB but also an experienced player with 200+ games at Championship and Premier league level

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

The issue is that loans get sorted after the permanent transfers to fill gaps in squads.

He'd rather pick players on form from 3 years ago than give younger players a run in the team to build form this season unless the inevitable injuries to said older plauers happen. 

All if the younger players are benchwarming whilst we play the old folk, and wonder why we don't have the legs to play a full 90 minutes.

This !

And after all the talk about Moore as a right man to play and develop youngsters he did poo all to prove it.

Only home grown youngster that got a chance was Brennan and even that out of sheer necessity. As soon as first senior player got fit Brennan got dropped despite playing well.

No surprise that any decent youngsters won't sign for us and that even those that were with us since they were 8 or 9 want to live club in a hurry as soon as they generate any kind of interest from other sides.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Totally agree mate but there just doesn't seem to be any planning.

5 minutes ago, malek said:

This !

And after all the talk about Moore as a right man to play and develop youngsters he did poo all to prove it.

Only home grown youngster that got a chance was Brennan and even that out of sheer necessity. As soon as first senior player got fit Brennan got dropped despite playing well.

No surprise that any decent youngsters won't sign for us and that even those that were with us since they were 8 or 9 want to live club in a hurry as soon as they generate any kind of interest from other sides.

Yeah bang on. Mentioned it in a thread the other week about whether Moore has actually developed anyone. He only plays FDB out of necessity and Brennan has been even worse, and as you say dropped despite good form in a winning team because Marvin Johnson was back fit. Embarrassing. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Just now, NeonLeon said:

Yeah bang on. Mentioned it in a thread the other week about whether Moore has actually developed anyone. He only plays FDB out of necessity and Brennan has been even worse, and as you say dropped despite good form in a winning team because Marvin Johnson was back fit. Embarrassing. 

8 minutes ago, malek said:

This !

I agree, embarrassing that we were told they’d have a platform to thrive with us and yet Brennan gets dropped for Johnson. Waldock can’t get a game for love nor money despite us having no DCM available and Adedoyun/Hagen behind Brown as a left forward, Berahino as a replacement. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, malek said:

This !

Totally expected Moore to go with youth and in the main he hasn’t. The recruitment under Moore has by and large mirrored recruitment we’ve seen throughout the Chansiri era. Personally I think this will change should we remain in this division which seems likely and I think Moore despite the severe criticism he’s getting in some quarters will start next season in charge regardless of where we are?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

I agree, embarrassing that we were told they’d have a platform to thrive with us and yet Brennan gets dropped for Johnson. Waldock can’t get a game for love nor money despite us having no DCM available and Adedoyun/Hagen behind Brown as a left forward, Berahino as a replacement. 

It's almost like players being pick because they are Darrens mates instead of playing what is best for the team.

We have wasted money on Brown, Wing, Byers, Gibson

When we could be playing Brennan, FDB, Adeniran, Galvin they may not make it but the other 4 have had given little to the team other than wasted wages.

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Totally expected Moore to go with youth and in the main he hasn’t. The recruitment under Moore has by and large mirrored recruitment we’ve seen throughout the Chansiri era. Personally I think this will change should we remain in this division which seems likely and I think Moore despite the severe criticism he’s getting in some quarters will start next season in charge regardless of where we are?

If we continue to fall way from the play offs and this affect the number of season tickets sold I suspect Moore says are numbered.

10 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

But older players get chance after chance.

Based on early season form, Hunt, Berahino, Johnson and Gregory should be nowhere near the starting 11, but all got extended runs of bad form to try and turn it around, whilst the younger players got 30-60 minutes here and there, usually out of position.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It's almost like players being pick because they are Darrens mates instead of playing what is best for the team.

We have wasted money on Brown, Wing, Byers, Gibson

When we could be playing Brennan, FDB, Adeniran, Galvin they may not make it but the other 4 have had given little to the team other than wasted wages.

I was excited for this season, I thought Waldock maybe Hunt with FDB and nee addition to Adiniran gave us lots of options that we could develop and build a team around. 

I thought Hagen and Adedoyun could offer pace and energy upfront. 

I don’t mind being shybo if we’re getting something out of it, what I don’t like is paying Bannan as more than the first team of Accrington earn and us not being way clear of them. 

I don’t like playing left backs as left wingers when we have young left wingers not getting a look. 

I don’t like playing 3 at the back because we can’t put 3 competitive CM’s on park because we have to accommodate our superstars 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

This ! We are DESPERATE for someone who can play DCM or at least win ball in midfield yet Moore just doesn't want to give him fair chance. He played twice for us in last 2 years and in my opinion (everything considered) did well both times.

Than again likes of Wing, Dele Bashiru, etc... get picked all the time despite showing very little.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shetland Owl said:

To say we had targets lined up, we are doing slow business as usual.

Need a least one or two to play next week, so need to be up to speed

Matt Smith from Millwall apparently off to wigan..300grand,what a signing he would have been,big,mobile and can hold a ball up,exactly what were lacking,instead of all the cwap we keep bringing in..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

Even with Theo going back, we're still at the matchday squad loan limit.

So to get new loans we'll have to return some first.

Buying players is out, and contracts run to season end, so it's going to be  either players nobody wanted last summer, NML and Simms types, or old past it second and third stringers who teams want off the wage bill and nobody will pay for.

Luckily, they're the players DM likes best.

We had 6 loans

Gibson and Theo have either gone or will be going 

I’d expect we’d be bringing 2 in at least 

2 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

We had 6 loans

Gibson and Theo have either gone or will be going 

I’d expect we’d be bringing 2 in at least 

Gibson not gone yet is concerning, seeing as it was supposedly discussed last month.

Even with both gone, that's still only one spot in the squad.

If you were a young player, with our current treatment of loans, would you risk being either a utility player or not in the squad on matchday?

Players go on loan to get match experience that they can't get at their current division. If the wanted to sit at home, they could do it at their own clubs.