Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

At 34 he’s cracking on now, but worth a short term contract till end of season?

Robert Snodgrass released by West Brom….

Snodgrass’ contract at the Hawthorns was cancelled by mutual agreement last night, offering the winger the opportunity to find a new club in the coming months.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Snodgrass’ contract at the Hawthorns was cancelled by mutual agreement last night, offering the winger the opportunity to find a new club in the coming months.

Yes I think so, or Jack Wiltshire too. 
And there’s Joao Carlos Teixeira an attacking midfielder.

Hopefully we are looking at these free agents as we are short of numbers in midfield.  And I feel with Luongo and Bannan we need an attacking midfielder to compete with DB. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Hopefully we are looking at these free agents as we are short of numbers in midfield.  And I feel with Luongo and Bannan we need an attacking midfielder to compete with DB. 

We were linked with Kamohelo Mokotjo when he left Brentford - according to transfermarkt he’s now a free agent after leaving the MLS. Not sure he’d qualify for a work permit though and he’s not played for a few months.

I get the feeling we’re going with what we’ve got for the rest of the season now, any free transfers will be far from match fit

11 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

We were linked with Kamohelo Mokotjo when he left Brentford - according to transfermarkt he’s now a free agent after leaving the MLS. Not sure he’d qualify for a work permit though and he’s not played for a few months.

I get the feeling we’re going with what we’ve got for the rest of the season now, any free transfers will be far from match fit

Good shout on Mokotjo, it does seem like Moore is happy with what we’ve got which is worrying when we play with 3 central midfielders and only have 4 at the club.  One being Luongo who is often injured or can be suspended due to the role he plays for the team. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, El Toro said:

Matty Longstaff goes on loan to Mansfield Town from Newcastle United. Wouldn’t have minded him here.

Don't know much about him, I think he might be being mistaken for his brother Sean, who gets into the Newcastle first team. A totally different proposition.

3 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

He's a horrible little git. Exactly what we need. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, room0035 said:

The things i cannot understand is we have had the whole window to get Brennan a league 2 loan, we have Galvin, Waldock, Hagan, Dawodu all need regular league games all look like at best they will be on loan at none league football.

how are these players every going develop, if the club cannot even be bothered to get them out on loan.

Then come June we will release them as not developing or good enough, when in reality its the ones managing their development that are not good enough and should be released for their handling of another crop of youngsters, falling by the way side.

If we can't get a non league to take them on loan either we are asking too much or they aren't quite up to the standard you think they are.  I'm honestly not sure which it is.

Hunt seems to be the only one now at a league club and that is one at the foot of L2.  I wish they had clubs clamouring to sign them then at least we would have an indication of where they are at development wise.

52 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

Don't know much about him, I think he might be being mistaken for his brother Sean, who gets into the Newcastle first team. A totally different proposition.

He’s Sean’s younger brother but has played in the PL and scored a great goal against Manure in a game 2-3 years ago that he started. 

9 minutes ago, prowl said:

If we can't get a non league to take them on loan either we are asking too much or they aren't quite up to the standard you think they are.  I'm honestly not sure which it is.

Hunt seems to be the only one now at a league club and that is one at the foot of L2.  I wish they had clubs clamouring to sign them then at least we would have an indication of where they are at development wise.

I don't think that lack of quality in our players is the only reason why they often don't go out on loans to decent clubs.

First, We don't have reputation of bringing quality talent through. Then, our "older" development squad players don't have much first team experience and lower clubs are not likely to spend their scarce resources on unproven talent while bucket load of Premiership "kids" with international honors and news articles hyping their talent are available.

I don't think lower league clubs are sending scouts to watch U-23 games of every League One and Championship sides. Lots of those young players go out through clubs and agents connections. Some clubs even have figure of loan manager employed to make sure that their young players are visibe on the loan market and to help them get fixed with the right club at right time for their development. Don't think We do any of those things, finding it hard to believe that We even went that far to fax clubs at lower level about availability of our players. And who can say if it is true, but if We really asked for those clubs to cover wages of our players while they are out on loan then many won't have anything to do with us.

I believe that at least likes of Brennan and Waldock (though briefly) proved that they are good enough for league football.

Watching PL2 and academy football a lot these last few years I don't think that likes of Cadamarteri and especially Shipston are any less talented compared to most that I watched at that level playing regularly for top Premier League academy sides.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, prowl said:

I dont think the clubs being interest, is the issue the problem historically is what the club is asking for.

Grimsby had Hunt on loan, then could not afford to resign him, either they were not paying his full wage or there was loan fees being asked for by us.

We want other teams to play our youngsters and give them game time, but the club in the past have asked for full wages and loan fees. Clearly whatever we are doing is scaring off clubs to firm up interest.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Some good shouts there, Teixeira is in the mould of Kieran Lee so would be a decent option.   

Hopefully we aren't surrendering our promotion ambitions and actively looking at who is available out there now 

• Like 2

On 01/02/2022 at 01:06, room0035 said:

Are the classic line that is always wheeled out.😆😆😆

which is that?

Do you think these lads are good enough despite non being picked it by a football league club or playing league football or on loan?

• Haha 1

On 01/02/2022 at 15:24, beswetherick said:

very good shout . Played quite a lot for Brentford , 30 so not a bad age , maybe worth a 12 month deal