Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

21 minutes ago, Owlmanac said:

https://the72.co.uk/259664/derby-county-and-sheffield-wednesday-among-efl-sides-eyeing-aston-villa-prodigy-cameron-archer/

Us, Derby and several other League One sides all after striker Cameron Archer on loan from Villa.

Can't see any PL club loaning us one of their prospects after the Theo debacle.

I see Cambridge of league one have signed a centre back on loan from Bournemouth. Who was also on loan at Accrington earlier this season.

A loan and a centre back, it's almost as if the players are out there that we could have in this week, but .......

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Asio otus said:

Biggest reason, is NO money.

Disagree entirely 

All we can do is offer decent wages as not allowed to pay fees anyway,  you have to ask yourself a question of who’s gonna want to send a promising youngster here after Corbeanu has just been made to play wing back by DM, Shodipo barely had a sniff after bagging 11 goals in this league last year and he’s making a player like Lewis Wing look like he’s never seen a football before in his life 

Clubs aren’t stupid,  they do due diligence before sending lads out on loan

10 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Disagree entirely 

All we can do is offer decent wages as not allowed to pay fees anyway,  you have to ask yourself a question of who’s gonna want to send a promising youngster here after Corbeanu has just been made to play wing back by DM, Shodipo barely had a sniff after bagging 11 goals in this league last year and he’s making a player like Lewis Wing look like he’s never seen a football before in his life 

Clubs aren’t stupid,  they do due diligence before sending lads out on loan

You think money has no influence! DC has acquired loan players by paying loan fees and higher wages to get players in the past. Money talks in football.

3 hours ago, Asio otus said:

Cant see him sacking DC when money is so tight.

Is money tight tho?or is it tighten purse strings big time?DC has/needs to get back to Championship ASAP or his investment is worth nowt.So I couldn't see him not getting rid of DM just because he will have to pay him off.Apart from TP I think its just DC giving managers time to turn it around.I think next 3 games are poo or bust for DM.Decent return on points and position in Div prob gets him till end of season.

p.s...No fees being paid for players just loans and wages.So money being saved there sort of...

UTO

Well it’ll all come out in the summer as regarding how much or how not so much our owner has/will spend? Isn’t that when we come out of our restrictions if he’s followed the plan set by the EFL ? Sure it’s been said if wages paid on time till end of season embargo lifted ? One thing dc has done is back his managers as much as allowed ? Even with loans he’s paid the fees ? The problem been the recruitment and who decides who we sign ? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

You think money has no influence! DC has acquired loan players by paying loan fees and higher wages to get players in the past. Money talks in football.

Your right, money does talk in football , but so do clubs between each-other and you build up a reputation that clubs look at when loaning out there young prospects 

And unfortunately, Darren Moore will have some serious convincing to do I feel after the way he’s handled the current crop of loanees 

Money talks, but in our situation right now I believe it’s got little relevance !  Also NML won’t have come here for peanuts so again I’d be dubious that there’s no money to play with 

The owner rarely makes anything clear, but reading between the lines I don’t think it’s too hard to work out that there’s been a shift in his thought process when it comes to spending money,  I’d doubt there’ll be anymore significant transfer fees paid in his tenure 

9 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

He’s been injured a lot so not really been a fair spell for him. Also he’s more of a winger so it’s about performance and confidence rather than goals output for him.

To be fair I think the amount of apathy the fan base now has it would probably be a decent time to put in youngsters - give us something to get behind. We know we’re not going up under this management team so the experience for them will only help them put themselves in with a chance of being part of a promotion push next season under (fingers crossed) a new management team. 

Tbh I'd loan him out again. Try a L2 club and see how he gets on there. We're not going down this season and I don't know if we'll make top 6, but at least that will have him ready for us next season. 

Hunt however, I think he's earned the right to play.

He's training with the first team too so hopefully in the squad against Plymouth. 

23 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So frustrating. 2 weeks to bring in a defender we have desperately needed for months and nothing. Why weren’t plans put in to place weeks ago to get deals sorted, even free transfers like Andre Wisdom would have been better than what we have at the back. 

You hit the nail on the head though. PLANS

There is no plans, we have players coming back from injury who need game time but none of them are involved in development games. 

Every other team in our league are bringing players in, these players don't need to be Premier league class, just league one class and able to play 20+ games from now to April/May without breaking.

I suspect like always no planning has happen and we will be looking to players we tried to sign in the summer for position we already have players in or loan signing from the premier league at inflated January prices.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Defoe has just left rangers in his player coach role 

32 goals 74 appearances mainly off the bench 

I look at this thinking end of season 12 month contract got to be better than bringing on berahino and his experience could help on the training pitch and changing room 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

This is once more turning out to be a very poor transfer window for us.  We have generally done very poorly in these windows, the worst by far being Jan 2020 under Monk when we needed stronger attacking options with Fletcher injured, so signed a completely broken Conor Wickham, Windass and worst of all the inept Da Cruz.

• Like 3

Only Wednesday could have most of December off and the first fortnight of the January window and still fail to strengthen before our next game. In fact, we've managed to achieve a weakened squad having lost a player. 

Not that it will make a difference as promotion isn't happening, but it's what frustrates me about the club. Nothing is ever important, we always kick the can down the road, as if we can afford to write games off in lieu of perceived long term gain (which doesnt happen either). That culture also translates onto the pitch, never a sense of urgency or will to achieve, merely a case of oh well, we go again and will hope for better things in the next game.

Not that I'm endorsing panic and I understand restrictions , but most teams who dont have a defence, or effective attack for that matter fit enough to put out on the pitch consistently would take some action before they play again in the hope they can stop a losing run.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

This is once more turning out to be a very poor transfer window for us.  We have generally done very poorly in these windows, the worst by far being Jan 2020 under Monk when we needed stronger attacking options with Fletcher injured, so signed a completely broken Conor Wickham, Windass and worst of all the inept Da Cruz.

Last years was worse. Signed no one. The inactivity last January relegated us. 

• Like 1

Would you go to Hillsborough if you want playing time?

DM has shown time and time again that he has players who are in no matter what and the rest are just filler.

Unless you know Darren from way back, you are going to be a bit part player at most, potentially wrecking your next contract and prospects through not playing or being out of position.

We'll just get the ones who are on their last legs, who fail medicals everywhere else.

• Like 1