Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

8 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I will probably get shot down for this suggestion due to his age and piggy connections.

Could Phil Jagielka do a job for us until the end of the season given our defensive issues.

He's now a free agent as Derby couldn't offer him a contract extension due to new EFL restrictions.

He's fit and a leader, perhaps he could help us out short term.

Would be a fantastic short term signing. Professional and experienced with a good injury record.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, prowl said:

Moore is intending to send Hunt out at a higher level than Grimsby, I expect Galvin will follow.

It sounds like Dunkleys injury is longer term than expected, not expected back for a while. Iorfa improving but still with the medical team. It doesn't sound like the defensive situation is going to get better for a couple of months.

If we don't bring in a couple of defenders in it looks like Brennan Palmer and Hutch is it. I wouldn't stake my life on Hutch staying fit. If he goes down you can write this season off.

Yes, DM has made it clear that he would rather let our younger players go back out on loan, but if push came to shove I would not be too upset seeing Galvin play a few games for us, although an experienced centre half, or two are definitely the main priorities at the moment. I was expecting players like Shodipo and Jaden Brown to play a bigger part in the team, but they look a bit flimsy defensively at times and not quite sharp enough with their deliveries into the box. I amnot sure how either of them are going to push on this season, but there are a few players like them, Wing, Bashiru and Adeniron too, that can step their game up a level, but have not done it often enough to make themselves automatic choices. Hopefully with players becoming fit again, these players will rise to the challenge too.

6 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Wigan Athletic to rival Sunderland for ex-Middlesbrough, Celtic and Fulham attacker

Wigan Athletic have joined Sunderland in the race to sign Patrick Roberts on loan – according to reports.

Seems to be a player who’s career is going on a downwards trajectory.  

Dimitar Mitov goalie @ Cambridge has really been impressive of late, saw him play at newcastle and looked unbeatable, inspired between the sticks, had another strong game yesterday at lincoln, could be one to keep an eye on, and Joe Ironside their striker, his contracts up this season as well, a real handfull, gave Iorfa the run around earlier this season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Dimitar Mitov goalie @ Cambridge has really been impressive of late, saw him play at newcastle and looked unbeatable, inspired between the sticks, had another strong game yesterday at lincoln, could be one to keep an eye on, and Joe Ironside their striker, his contracts up this season as well, a real handfull, gave Iorfa the run around earlier this season.

I’ve been really impressed with him. He outstanding every time I see him.

20 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Jermain Defoe: Ex-Sunderland and Rangers star 'considering' Stadium of Light return….

He has managed just 8 minutes of football all season. I would not waste what little funds we have on a player that is looking for one last payday. 

The last time he played a full season was in 2016/17 season for Sunderland in the premier league.

It's a No way from me.

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He has managed just 8 minutes of football all season. I would not waste what little funds we have on a player that is looking for one last payday. 

The last time he played a full season was in 2016/17 season for Sunderland in the premier league.

It's a No way from me.

With Windass / Sow / Gregory now competing up top - forgetting Berhino and Kamberi..  I'd say we don't need a striker tbh.

Unless someone gets shifted out.