Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

Options for a centre back.

Fraser Horsfall - Northampton Centre back.  25 yrs old.  If we have injury concerns on Hutchinson (of course we do), Dunkley (probably) and want to keep Johnson back there who is decent on the ball, Horsfall is a very decent defender who can play at this level and wouldnt cost much.

Harry Darling - MK dons centre back. 22 yrs old..  Lovely footballer on the ball, very comfortable playing out from the back, good in the air and only 22.   Not sure we would get him.  

• Thanks 1

Hope we will go for someone like Dawson Devoy from Bohemian. Cheap, young and super talented, very much reminding me very much of young Wes Hoolahan and could go on to have similarly successful career.

It is about time to sign a player who would bring bit of money to this club.

• Like 2

If it was football manager I’d be looking at letting Gibson, Brown, Sow and Berahino leave 

Think I’d be looking at signing;

CB - preferably a left footer
CM - Someone to give Luongo cover/competition 

CF - Someone with genuine pace to get in behind. 

• Love 1

As we stand we need a left-sided CB so we can release Johnson to his more natural position.

Also depends if we keep Pracock-Farrell, we may need a new number one. I imagine it’s easier to bring in a GK halfway through the season as some number 2s and 3s will be crying out for football.

• Like 1

I’ve no idea what the free or Loan market is like and who’s available 

what I do know if we’re going on loans 

we need to ideally get some loans off our books 

Corbeanu 

peacock-Farrel

kamberi 

are worth  keeping for me 

Gibson (unfortunately injured and offered nothing ) 

Wing ( just hasn’t worked for him )

would be the ones I’d try and give back 

did I miss anyone?

If we’re looking a frees I can’t understand why we wouldn’t have signed them and started integrating them already 

thinks it’s going to be a quiet window and where better going on what we’ve got 

probably more outs than ins 

sow 

berahino 

brown 

Are three I’d imagine we’re stuck with but have had little impact maybe a lack of game time or confidence issues with them but regular first team football elsewhere would surely benefit them better than here 

my ideal wish list in 

ball playing Cb 

left wing back 

defensive horrible sh£&t house midfielder 

Pacey striker 

out 

Gibson, wing loans terminated 

berahino, sow, sold or loaned 

brown loaned 

• Like 1

I would like to see Andre Wisdom come in can play right back or centre back, with such an injury prone back line, would offer much needed cover at centre back and currently a freeagent after leaving Derby County.

we can only sign free agents or loans and we need to get rid of Wing who has been awful. With Dennis, FDB, Bannan, Luongo, Byers we have more than enough cover in the middle. Shodipo has been a bit disappointment but I think some of this is, playing not as an attacking winger, but a wing back. With Mendez Lang, Johnson it could help to free up a few loans spots with Wing.

I would look to get Marcus Forss in if possible. Played just 192 minutes in the premier league but got 5 in 3 league cup games. In this league would scores lot of goals like he did for AFC Wimbledon a few years ago (11 goals in 18 games)

if Forss is not possible then I would see if we can get Adam idah, another good young striker looking for regular football.

we have been good at the back but have scored too few goals, 10 draws in 22 games could cost us promotion, if we don't find a way to turn these games into wins in the second half of the season.

• Like 1
  • Love 1