Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

Who’s gonna wanna come here on loan after how he’s just handled Corbeanu ?

Aint no mystery as to why we’re obviously struggling to bring someone in is it !?

22 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Manchester City midfielder Tommy Doyle has ended his spell with Hamburg, with the 20-year-old Englishman set for another short-term switch away from Etihad Stadium this month. (Manchester Evening News)

This would be promising but we’d not play him.

I was listening to 5-live football show last night, and they were talking about Notts Forest and championship clubs in general. The discussion was centred around Steve Cooper and his respect in the game and his use of the loan system. Said championship clubs need to play a certain way for EPL clubs to loan out decent prospects. Got me thinking about us, Wolves and Corbeanu - the very public washing of our dirty laundry last week, could hinder our chances of quality loans in this window and the Summer if we don't learn some lessons on the handling of his loan period.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

That's is why he has recall the three young lads, straight into the squad. Why bring in loans , 19/20 year old when we have Hunt, Galvin and Hagan. Got to give them a chance

Not sure Hagan is ready. Zero goals scored on loan in the National League so I feel he needs another loan spell to find his feet and build his confidence up.

Wednesday fans would crucify him unfortunately. 

29 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Not sure Hagan is ready. Zero goals scored on loan in the National League so I feel he needs another loan spell to find his feet and build his confidence up.

Wednesday fans would crucify him unfortunately. 

He’s been injured a lot so not really been a fair spell for him. Also he’s more of a winger so it’s about performance and confidence rather than goals output for him.

To be fair I think the amount of apathy the fan base now has it would probably be a decent time to put in youngsters - give us something to get behind. We know we’re not going up under this management team so the experience for them will only help them put themselves in with a chance of being part of a promotion push next season under (fingers crossed) a new management team. 

Maybe DC isn't giving DM a green light yet,because of recent results and position we are in.

I'm sure I heard DM  say he had a couple of players he had intrest in and was trying to make something happen after Shrewsbury game.

Has DC stopped them to watch next couple of results.Maybe maybe maybe.....

UTO

1 hour ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Maybe DC isn't giving DM a green light yet,because of recent results and position we are in.

I'm sure I heard DM  say he had a couple of players he had intrest in and was trying to make something happen after Shrewsbury game.

Has DC stopped them to watch next couple of results.Maybe maybe maybe.....

UTO

Cant see him sacking DC when money is so tight.

Urhoghide to Morecambe?

When Osaze Urhoghide left Sheffield Wednesday for Celtic last summer, he was unlikely to have expected to be back on the move in the January transfer window.

But it looks to be the case that the centre back will be making a loan move after failing to make an impact in Glasgow.

The 21-year-old has only made one appearance since moving north of the border and he has been offered a chance of regular football at Sheffield Wednesday 's League One rivals Morecambe. The Shrimps are currently in the relegation zone, although they are only two points away from safety. 

Urhoghide recently spoke about the challenge of moving north of the border.