Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

10 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Bambo Diaby formerly of Barnsley is on trial at Preston. He's only 24, bit of a wildcard but might be worth a free transfer signing.

He was banned for a year for a failed drug test but protests his innocence. Fits the mould of the type of player Moore likes to take a gamble on. Obviously isn't match fit but is available.

Storey from Preston who is we are after

13 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

I’d take 2 cbs , send Gibson back .

would be nice to sign a left back but not sure if this fits in with the system .that probably is enough , maybe a forward 

Do you reckon we are in the market for a left back along with a couple of cb's so that Moore can go back to a back 4? Or are we set on the 3 at the back long term now? I must say I like the current formation with the overlapping cb's as such. We just need them to be able to defend too when it comes to the better teams putting us under some sustained pressure as we've seen frailties in that part of Palmer's and Johnson's game.

Edited by s29wfc
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Do you reckon we are in the market for a left back along with a couple of cb's so that Moore can go back to a back 4? Or are we set on the 3 at the back long term now? I must say I like the current formation with the overlapping cb's as such. We just need them to be able to defend too when it comes to the better teams putting us under some sustained pressure as we've seen frailties in that part of Palmer's and Johnson's game.

Very good question , think that’s the problem , when we’re on the front foot against teams who sit in and let us have the ball etc and don’t pressure the likes of Johnson at LCB seems great as he can provide attacking support but then when we’re against teams who pressure etc and put balls into the box and set pieces that’s when you need ur proper cbs . So that’s when likes of dunkley / batth / etc become important. So potentially swap formation / cbs based on opposition 

44 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

a player that has really struggled with injuries. Went on loan to Doncaster, played 2 games and then suffered a serious hamstring injury got himself fit and then in pre season got Injured again. Highly rated but fitness wise a risk. 

Our sort of signing then.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Owl said:

I’m told at least one of the centre backs we’ve been linked with, have been shown around the ground !  #uto  

Traditionally we only report when he's been down to the training ground.lol

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

On 17/01/2022 at 10:21, room0035 said:

It's that dead again in the Transfer window people are posting any players that are available.

We need 2 centre backs, and possible a left back. Nothing else unless we move some players on.

I would like to see Berahino, Paterson and Shodipo for rid of, send Brown out on loan as at 23 he needs to be playing to improve but at Left back not left wing. 

some of the younger lads won't get game time with Moore dad's army approach, so at least get them out on loan playing regular to improve them, but get them signed up beforehand to longer deals. The Brennan lack of deal has Shaw written all over it.

I agree with this. Need to get players out this window and add wing to the three above and it’s a decent window on the outs front. 

Coming in we need a left sided CB. Roberts looks to be the best of the linked bunch but after the way Moore treated Corbeanau I can’t see him arriving. If he can get fit I’m not against keeping Gibson. We need a attacking left back but I suppose if we get the CB in that allows Johnson to be used there. 

I still think we need that big of something special in a forward area but those players are hard to find. Think we had it in Corbeanau but didn’t use him enough or right. Would like to see that brought to the club. But realistically if we get a CB and get as many out as we can that would be a decent window after the awful start