Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

3 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

We still have another 22 games left to play and are only 6 points off the play offs with a game in hand on 5th and 6th place. Way too early to write us off yet. Hopefully a couple of signings through the door before the end of the month along with Iorfa , Luongo and Windass returning we can kick on in the second half of the season.

Luongo and Windass returning :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, s29wfc said:

We still have another 22 games left to play and are only 6 points off the play offs with a game in hand on 5th and 6th place. Way too early to write us off yet. Hopefully a couple of signings through the door before the end of the month along with Iorfa , Luongo and Windass returning we can kick on in the second half of the season.

ATM we have no new signings but have lost a very good player, Theo, to a relegation rival.

We have the manager saying sorry for the last two performances, which were indeed dire, but there have been many others that have been less than impressive. We are a hard watch and it is understandable why many fans feel disillusioned with the present situation.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

ATM we have no new signings but have lost a very good player, Theo, to a relegation rival.

We have the manager saying sorry for the last two performances, which were indeed dire, but there have been many others that have been less than impressive. We are a hard watch and it is understandable why many fans feel disillusioned with the present situation.

Power of habit 😊 Guess you wanted to say promotion rival 😅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I will probably get shot down for this suggestion due to his age and piggy connections.

Could Phil Jagielka do a job for us until the end of the season given our defensive issues.

He's now a free agent as Derby couldn't offer him a contract extension due to new EFL restrictions.

He's fit and a leader, perhaps he could help us out short term.

• Like 4

If he is a CB and breathing he would be better than nothing.

I know I'm in a minority but I don't care if a player has played for the poor relations providing he apologises profusely  and does some act of contrition before signing.lol

I doubt he'd drop to this division. He will have slowed down no dobt but he'd probably be better than what we have currently got fit just because of his experience.

9 minutes ago, prowl said:

If he is a CB and breathing he would be better than nothing.

I know I'm in a minority but I don't care if a player has played for the poor relations providing he apologises profusely  and does some act of contrition before signing.lol

I doubt he'd drop to this division. He will have slowed down no dobt but he'd probably be better than what we have currently got fit just because of his experience.

He's played 21 times for Derby this season is fit and looks after himself.

I doubt he would get another championship club for the rest of the season.

I'm not sure if he still lives in Sheffield.

Like you say he's vastly experienced and could help us out with our problems at CB.

Edited by Tommy Crawshaw
  • Like 1

As long as DM is left to sort out any incoming players, hopefully some with loan to buy in the summer options, then I reckon, with our owner's money in the summer (whever that may be) we may be able to crawl out othe poo swamp we are in right now. I will wait to see what our squad of fit players looks like in Feb before writing this season off. It is such a shame that we had to get Covid in the camp when we did. We were still in contention back then and have it all to do again now. I reckon we will have our squad boosted by two or three players this window, one way or the other and if that means getting Hunt or Galvin back in the squad I would not be too upset at that, as long as they get a good chance to play.

3 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Josh Maggennis signed for Wigan.

They lose Wyke & they sign Maggennis.

Fleetwood lose Hill & they sign Nsiala

Swansea lose Laird & they sign Christie

MK Dons lose Fisher & they sign Cummings

I could go on.

It’s as if you can actual plan signings and recover from losing players at short notice within the first two weeks of the windows. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

As long as DM is left to sort out any incoming players, hopefully some with loan to buy in the summer options, then I reckon, with our owner's money in the summer (whever that may be) we may be able to crawl out othe poo swamp we are in right now. I will wait to see what our squad of fit players looks like in Feb before writing this season off. It is such a shame that we had to get Covid in the camp when we did. We were still in contention back then and have it all to do again now. I reckon we will have our squad boosted by two or three players this window, one way or the other and if that means getting Hunt or Galvin back in the squad I would not be too upset at that, as long as they get a good chance to play.

Moore is intending to send Hunt out at a higher level than Grimsby, I expect Galvin will follow.

It sounds like Dunkleys injury is longer term than expected, not expected back for a while. Iorfa improving but still with the medical team. It doesn't sound like the defensive situation is going to get better for a couple of months.

If we don't bring in a couple of defenders in it looks like Brennan Palmer and Hutch is it. I wouldn't stake my life on Hutch staying fit. If he goes down you can write this season off.

38 minutes ago, prowl said:

Moore is intending to send Hunt out at a higher level than Grimsby, I expect Galvin will follow.

It sounds like Dunkleys injury is longer term than expected, not expected back for a while. Iorfa improving but still with the medical team. It doesn't sound like the defensive situation is going to get better for a couple of months.

If we don't bring in a couple of defenders in it looks like Brennan Palmer and Hutch is it. I wouldn't stake my life on Hutch staying fit. If he goes down you can write this season off.

This is outrageous but why not switch to a back 4 playing Hutch and Brennan at centre back, Palmer at Left back and Hunt at Right back. Yes Brennan is inexperienced, but he is surrounded by 3 players with nearly 1,000 profession games between them.

add to them Luongo playing in front of the back 4 we have a lot more holiday defence.

• Like 6

Just now, room0035 said:

This is outrageous but why not switch to a back 4 playing Hutch and Brennan at centre back, Palmer at Left back and Hunt at Right back. Yes Brennan is inexperienced, but he is surrounded by 3 players with nearly 1,000 profession games between them.

add to them Luongo playing in front of the back 4 we have a lot more solid defence.

15 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Palmer could play centre back too more than capable at this level and Johnston can play left back 

a back four would make us more solid with a holding luongo 

it’s tragic that we speak of trying to be more solid at the back with this squad in league one 

but sometimes you need to play to your strengths 

maybe a more direct approach pushing more players to further up instead of trying to play out from the back and being as exposed is a better way to put points on the board in our current situation. Don’t want to bring up the gone on this one but it would certainly have benefited Theo more being played more advanced with less responsibility to defend 

4-1-3-2 or 4-1-4-1

we need to start getting the best out of these players or the ones that are fit instead of trying to show horn players into a formation that’s left us languishing in mid table 

47 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Palmer could play centre back too more than capable at this level and Johnston can play left back 

a back four would make us more solid with a holding luongo 

it’s tragic that we speak of trying to be more solid at the back with this squad in league one 

but sometimes you need to play to your strengths 

maybe a more direct approach pushing more players to further up instead of trying to play out from the back and being as exposed is a better way to put points on the board in our current situation. Don’t want to bring up the gone on this one but it would certainly have benefited Theo more being played more advanced with less responsibility to defend 

4-1-3-2 or 4-1-4-1

we need to start getting the best out of these players or the ones that are fit instead of trying to show horn players into a formation that’s left us languishing in mid table 

As long as we are playing it out from the back we will never be more direct or catch teams in the break, by the time the ball gone to Johnson, to hutch, to johnson, to Palmer then as always with every attack to Bannan, the team we are playing has two banks of 4 in front of us.

we are just too predictable to play against.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

As long as we are playing it out from the back we will never be more direct or catch teams in the break, by the time the ball gone to Johnson, to hutch, to johnson, to Palmer then as always with every attack to Bannan, the team we are playing has two banks of 4 in front of us.

we are just too predictable to play against.

You missed BPF having a couple of touches in there too 

• Like 1