Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

10 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Liam Shaw signs for Motherwell on loan.

Wouldn't say it's nailed on for him to get that much game time there either tbh.

The player I saw break through here ,

and the potential he had was definitely good enough to play for Motherwell 

Real shame if he fizzles out in Scotland,  similar with Uroghide ,  maybe they both didn’t wanna stay here but I guarantee they’d have played more football if they did and if had carried on performing would be in a very strong position for getting moves to the championship 

Let’s see so far we’ve lost a respected and well liked member of the coaching team,  and one of the only pacy attack minded players has chosen to play for MK Dons instead of us.

There’s no sign of any incomings. 

We’ve lost the last two games with awful performances and are being cut adrift from the playoffs places

I’d say as transfer windows go this is one of the more positive ones for Sheffield Wednesday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

The player I saw break through here ,

and the potential he had was definitely good enough to play for Motherwell 

Real shame if he fizzles out in Scotland,  similar with Uroghide ,  maybe they both didn’t wanna stay here but I guarantee they’d have played more football if they did and if had carried on performing would be in a very strong position for getting moves to the championship 

Looking at Celtic social media around their debut, the consensus seemed to be that they were good raw talents, but it took a lot of coaching from Celtic to get them up to speed with the other Celtic youngsters.

Nobody came right out and said it, but they weren't impressed with the coaching they'd had here and had a lot of bad habits which needed to be trained out before they were ready to play.

Either way, good luck to the lads.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Let’s see so far we’ve lost a respected and well liked member of the coaching team,  and one of the only pacy attack minded players has chosen to play for MK Dons instead of us.

There’s no sign of any incomings. 

We’ve lost the last two games with awful performances and are being cut adrift from the playoffs places

I’d say as transfer windows go this is one of the more positive ones for Sheffield Wednesday. 

Not great, but we're 8 days in of a 31 day window. Let's see what happens.

11 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Liam Shaw signs for Motherwell on loan.

Wouldn't say it's nailed on for him to get that much game time there either tbh.

Liam Shaw would have been absolutely perfect in the three at the back Moore plays.

Big shame we couldn’t keep him here. Still confident he will go on to have a good career. Hopefully the lad gets games at Motherwell.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Just been reading more about Sims health problems. Wish him all the best but we shouldn’t be going anywhere near him. 

Health problems you say?

Josh Sims signs for Sheffield Wednesday 4 year contract

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Let’s see so far we’ve lost a respected and well liked member of the coaching team

4 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

Looking at Celtic social media around their debut, the consensus seemed to be that they were good raw talents, but it took a lot of coaching from Celtic to get them up to speed with the other Celtic youngsters.

Nobody came right out and said it, but they weren't impressed with the coaching they'd had here and had a lot of bad habits which needed to be trained out before they were ready to play.

I love Owlstalk 😀

On 08/01/2022 at 09:53, Beauchief Owl said:

Not great, but we're 8 days in of a 31 day window. Let's see what happens.

You would have thought given our circumstances, that targets would have been identified before the transfer window opened and some would already have be brought in. We need upgrades now ffs.

I can see it coming, an eleventh hour rush to sign what's left that nobody else wants.

January wasted.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

You would have thought given our circumstances, that targets would have been identified before the transfer window opened and some would already have be brought in. We need upgrades now ffs.

I can see it coming, an eleventh hour rush to sign what's left that nobody else wants.

January wasted.

Even with Theo going back, we're still at the matchday squad loan limit.

So to get new loans we'll have to return some first.

Buying players is out, and contracts run to season end, so it's going to be  either players nobody wanted last summer, NML and Simms types, or old past it second and third stringers who teams want off the wage bill and nobody will pay for.

Luckily, they're the players DM likes best.

5 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Even with Theo going back, we're still at the matchday squad loan limit.

So to get new loans we'll have to return some first.

Buying players is out, and contracts run to season end, so it's going to be  either players nobody wanted last summer, NML and Simms types, or old past it second and third stringers who teams want off the wage bill and nobody will pay for.

Luckily, they're the players DM likes best.

Yep but my point was, this should all have been in place before Jan 1st i.e. identify the sending back of loanees that don't contribute much, so replacements could be brought in asap. We need to strengthen now, not flounder about til the end of January bringing in crocks and journeymen that no one else wants.