WEDNESDAY V WYCOMBE - omdt

3 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Heres a reyt pub ammo bit of "nonsensical nonsense".....

Wycombes manager 

Gareth "Craig" Ainsworth went to the same comprehensive school as BBC Gardeners World presenter Christine Walkden ...

Albeit not at the same time ...

She's a tad older than the Stella drinking spiv.....

UTO.......

PPR_SOU_230815_ChristineWalkden.jpg.15658e874cbfd38c457c6f53f8db438d.jpg

Does she do a turn?

• Haha 3

I love a long haired guy who rocks a leather jacket and rides directly into a stadium on a harley, parking in the centre circle after killing several stewards en route.....but I won't like it today.....no sireeee Bob!

Bowl cuts 2 (shoe horned pun alert)

Get a haircut ya hippies 0

Things will get hairy first half but we will end up being a cut above. There will be a 'perm' anent statue of DM erected outside the nearest barber's at 5pm.

I'd be tempted to play Brennan on left of back three and Pato at right centre to add additional height as they'll probably be aiming to target Palmer on the back post. Palmer can then go to RWB and give Hunt a rest. 

Would love to see midfield 3 of Bannan, Luongo and Windass but we do then lose FDB physicality. 

Jesus Akinfenwa and Vokes that's a pretty brutal front line. Hope Dunks has had his Weetabix and Vitamalt. 

Feeling good about today.  Think we will do this and continue on the upward curve.  Let’s get into a good position to kick on during the second half of the season.  Gregory and Windass to get the goals.  ....Or it could snow!

Safe journeys everyone to and from the match today. UTO

5 hours ago, Geedee said:

A big game, a Wednesday win and this season will feel very different 

I agree absolutely. I marked this one out as a "must see" when the fixtures came out. Not because I thought it would be important in the way it is but because of the glorious memory of a few seasons ago! However - I think it's a wetherbell for the rest of the season.If we can stuff Wycombe then we will be looking good and strong and we will every confident. Justly so. If not, then we are back to uncertainty.

Unfortunately, I have to work today so that's screwed up my plans😒

BTW

Great opening post from his lordship. I keep saying it - get that f***ing book of "The Best Of Snoot's OMDT" written and ready for the 2022 Christmas prezzie season and m'lord will have a season ticket for an executive box for 2022/23!

• Like 1

I've supported Wednesday long enough to get carried away, but hope we can keep our good form going. 

Wycombe are poo, but in the context of this league, a very difficult opponent. They are basic, but very effective and don't concede many of late. But, we've shown that on our day we can beat anyone, hope it's our day. 

Luongo has looked a class above since he came back, he has to start, but I'd be tempted to ease Windass back from the bench starting with Kamberi.

Don't expect too many changes, but Moore seems to like Paterson and may see his physical attributes as important today. However, to drop anyone after the last performance would be harsh. 

A hopeful 2-1 to Wednesday.

• Like 2