WEDNESDAY V WYCOMBE - omdt

Thanks Snoots. 

Big test but everything to play for now. If we really are improving then we have to seize the initiative in these games and build some real belief among the squad.

We are generally better against tougher teams, 2-1 win.

• Like 5

Heres a reyt pub ammo bit of "nonsensical nonsense".....

Wycombes manager 

Gareth "Craig" Ainsworth went to the same comprehensive school as BBC Gardeners World presenter Christine Walkden ...

Albeit not at the same time ...

She's a tad older than the Stella drinking spiv.....

UTO.......

PPR_SOU_230815_ChristineWalkden.jpg.15658e874cbfd38c457c6f53f8db438d.jpg

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I like Gareth Ainsworth. He’s in a band and everything. Much cooler than I could ever dream of being.  
In theory because we lost to Plymouth 3-0 and Wycombe beat Plymouth 3-0 we should lose 6-0 to Wycombe. But we all know that’s not how the footballing gods work. The footballing gods will wreak a terrible vengeance on Wycombe and their super cool manager for their hubris, and empower Wednesday to a 3-0 win in the freezing winds and snow of Sheffield. I almost feel sorry for Wycombe and their cool manager. But only almost…

• Haha 5

What's he worth this  Ainsworth.?  Clothes himself from charity shops  and plays "Starve the Barber" for most of the year. 

Big game tomorrow.... who'd have ever thought it us aspiring to beat Wycombe in the same Division.

Upward and onwards  Play up WEDNESDAY.

• Like 2

Quality omdt your grace.

Can't sleep with this pesky squall outside so decided to peruse your musings.

I do like the Ainsworth bod, as a pundit and as a fellow indie / rock liking fellow, but this is a different scenario altogether, from his bantz with Stelling.

This is a potential 3 points for us and progression up the league and extending our unbeaten run.

So, on that basis, a plague of fruit flies on his scrotum, weevils in his leather jacket,  and a chronic bout of painful flatulance on Akinfenwa, on the team bus & whilst changing into his kit.

Another Sunderland performance please. High pressing on a deluded passing out defence. Any winning scoreline or performance will do tbh.

It's a results business after all. 

UTO and wrap up warm everybody.

• Haha 3

"Are you listening? Wycombe's in the Championship!"

Oh well, they bloody well should be though, Derby got away with murder last season.

Talking of murder, hope we do them tomorrow. Have a genuine liking for them but first things first.

No predictions though, we always come unstuck if I predict anything!

Great post as always M'lud.

Forgot to add, protect Luongo and Windass. Use them as subs to bring on when/if needed.

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Like 2