• Dunkley
    • Dele-Bashiru
    • Bannan
    • Kamberi
    • Gregory
    • Corbeanu
    • Luongo
    • Windass

High scores from me as that’s best I’ve seen us play over 90 mins at Hillsborough against a good side for a long long time.

Peacock-Farrell - 7

Brennan - 7 

Dunkley - 8

Palmer - 7

Hunt - 8

Byers - 7

Bannan - 8

Dele - 6

Corbeanu - 9

Gregory - 7

Kamberi - 7

Luongo - 8

Windass - 8

Berahino - 6

Luongo staying fit is key to us being successful. Corbeanau is outstanding and having Windass back is a massive boost. Shout out to Brennan who looks composed and solid.

Also been a critic of Moore and I believe I was right but tonight he got everything right and over the last few games there are signs of improvement. Still not sold on his

onfield managerial skills but its better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

I voted Dunks but Luongo Corbeanu and Bannan were also excellent. Only Byers disappointed me. He never seemed to be involved.

Moore is going from hero to villain and back to hero again.  Matchwinning substitutions.  

I'm not really knocking it but he has made some daft substitutions at times, so credit to him for not making a mess of it, but bringing Luongo and Windass on does not take a managerial genius to work out it may improve us  lol
Tend to agree with you about Byers but he is always going to come off second best in a comparison with Luongo so we may be being a bit harsh on him. Hopefully Moore now realises this is how we should aim to play every week. It seems to be happening a bit more frequently now so fingers crossed.

This was an absolutely belting performance. Would have been an absolute travesty if we hadn't won. But feels all the sweeter for putting the 'haven't won from behind' demons to rest.

Peacock-Farrell: 6.5 - Twine's goal was unsaveable. Other than that a quiet day.

Brennan: 7 - One moment where he got eased off the ball and looked in trouble, but nice and calm on the ball. Should his goal in the first half have stood (not sure if FDB made a foul?)

Dunkley: 8.5 - Played like Viv Anderson in his pomp on the corners. Wanted the ball the most and like there was a big fizz-off ball magnet on his head. Slightly harsh, but I marked him down 0.5 from a 9 for not closing down Twine's shot.

Palmer: 7.5 - Couple of lovely surges forward, really growing into that wide CB role.

Hunt: 8 - So unlucky with the one off the inside of the post. Good running and outlet all game.

Corbeanu: 8 - They double marked him all night which game room for the others. And even with the two markers he still caused mayhem. Lots of dangerous shots and crosses. Assist.

Byers: 6 - Bit of a quiet one from him.

Bannan: 8 - Moments of real quality. That cross with the outside of the boot. Found Dunkley so many times in the first half too.

Dele-Bashiru: 7 - He's put together a string of decent games without anything too flash. The fact him, Corbeanu, Hunt, Windass can all burst past a man gives us pace and power we've lacked for so long.

Kamberi: 7 - Put himself about well as usual. Good hold up play. Think he's got a big role as that Heskey-style pest that works the CBs for 60 minutes. Gregory or Windass should love playing off him.

Gregory: 7.5 - Sign of a good striker that after missing that chance (and one earlier from Bannan's cross) that he kept going and wasn't fazed and buried the equaliser. Should have had a penalty.

Luongo: 9 - The boss. Everything just clicks up a gear when he comes on. Wins the ball so well, quick feet, rest of the midfield just seems to snap into place.

Windass: 9 - MoM. A few moments of rust, but in the end, he's put in an absolute peach of a cross for the first and then an audacious piece of skill  a scuffed shot but recovered perfectly to bury it with the second touch. Kind of luck that we've been missing all season.

Berahino: 7 - I thought he did well. Almost set up Gregory for an equaliser. 

• Like 1

BPF, 7, couldn't do anything about the goal.

Palmer, 7, busy going forward.

Dunkley, 9, wanted to give him 9 but he faded as an attacking threat second half. Immense in defence, a real threat at corners. Make him captain, just do it. OK I changed my mind he gets a9

Brennan, 7, couple of mistakes but grew into the game played well.

Byers, 7, had a good  game, steady more than dynamic but did what he did well

FDB, 6 didn't get into the game first half but came alive second, It just wouldn't run for him but he worked hard second half.

Hunt 6,  worked hard and did get a few crosses in

Bannan, 8, never stopped running, played some lovely balls, good game

Corbeanu, 8, ran at the defence all night, didn't get much change out of the FB going outside early on but got the measure of him eventually, loads of shots on target but most without power one scorcher was saved. I really wanted to give him man of the match but I cant.

Gregory 7. Worked hard with little reward the miss before his goal was a shocker but he made up for it big time.

Kamberi, 6 busy but without much to show for it.

Luongo, 8, changed the game, what a player.

Windass, 7, worked hard, rusty as expected but got his reward. I'm just glad he's back

The last two i'd like to give a 10 because I'm so glad to have them back.

A great performance. Best of the season because we never stopped attacking them. They are a good team and it was a fantastic strike for their goal but we made them look ordinary, they couldn't stay with us for most of the game. 

That's how we should have played all season. We've proved we can do it so don't let the performances drop.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ash77 said:

Bpf 6

Hunt 6 would try shodipo rwb

Brennan 6 not really tested, good on ball

Dunkley 8 unlucky with corners, goal should have stood, won everything

Palmer 6 badly lost his man at a corner leading to an easy missed chance but solid otherwise

Theo 8* lots on target, always a threat, nothing quite came off for 90mins but looked fitter in later stages, so kept going for a composed and deserved match winning assist after a great move.

Db 6 another ok showing but not looking like scoring or assisting

Byers 6 same as db

Bannan 8 ran midfield, better corners, key involvement for winner releasing theo

Gregory 6 bar controlling it and passing it back never troubled them for first 83min, shocking miss from berahino's perfect cross then popped up from nothing with a great header

Kamberi 5 like gregory lacked mobility and rarely troubled them, wasnt sure who should have come off between him and gregory but good shout in end, either way need windass starting now.

Windass 8 greater mobility caused them more problems, assist, goal, need him starting now

Luongo 7 if he was on pitch their goalscorer probably has less space inbetween lines than that, had the missing quality to help bannan fully dominate midfield.

Berahino 5 nice boots, to be fair put it on a plate for gregory

Plenty of crosses, dominated most of game, looked like wasn't going to happen but kept going and 2 good crosses led to 2 goals in end. Finally have come from behind.

Best and most entertaining performance of season, game changing having luongo and windass back, theo being fit enough to influence a full game and dunkley stepping up in iorfas absence. Credit to DM for going for it with subs.

good assessment. Think you were harsh on Hunt though who had one of his best games of the season. I also felt Palmer was to blame for their goal. A ball was hit high into his area and he had clear site of it and the best position yet his challenge was half hearted giving them possession. Less than 3 seconds later they’d scored and herally could have got a strong clearing header onto it. Offensively he’s doing really well right now but goals are coming from areas where he is involved.

• Thanks 2

Dunkley was fantastic

Thought that was Hunt best game for us since his return.

But for me Luongo won us that game. As soon as he came on he broke play up 3 times in a minute. Won the ball back, drove us forward and kept us on the attack. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

This was an absolutely belting performance. Would have been an absolute travesty if we hadn't won. But feels all the sweeter for putting the 'haven't won from behind' demons to rest.

Peacock-Farrell: 6.5 - Twine's goal was unsaveable. Other than that a quiet day.

Brennan: 7 - One moment where he got eased off the ball and looked in trouble, but nice and calm on the ball. Should his goal in the first half have stood (not sure if FDB made a foul?)

Dunkley: 8.5 - Played like Viv Anderson in his pomp on the corners. Wanted the ball the most and like there was a big fizz-off ball magnet on his head. Slightly harsh, but I marked him down 0.5 from a 9 for not closing down Twine's shot.

Palmer: 7.5 - Couple of lovely surges forward, really growing into that wide CB role.

Hunt: 8 - So unlucky with the one off the inside of the post. Good running and outlet all game.

Corbeanu: 8 - They double marked him all night which game room for the others. And even with the two markers he still caused mayhem. Lots of dangerous shots and crosses. Assist.

Byers: 6 - Bit of a quiet one from him.

Bannan: 8 - Moments of real quality. That cross with the outside of the boot. Found Dunkley so many times in the first half too.

Dele-Bashiru: 7 - He's put together a string of decent games without anything too flash. The fact him, Corbeanu, Hunt, Windass can all burst past a man gives us pace and power we've lacked for so long.

Kamberi: 7 - Put himself about well as usual. Good hold up play. Think he's got a big role as that Heskey-style pest that works the CBs for 60 minutes. Gregory or Windass should love playing off him.

Gregory: 7.5 - Sign of a good striker that after missing that chance (and one earlier from Bannan's cross) that he kept going and wasn't fazed and buried the equaliser. Should have had a penalty.

Luongo: 9 - The boss. Everything just clicks up a gear when he comes on. Wins the ball so well, quick feet, rest of the midfield just seems to snap into place.

Windass: 9 - MoM. A few moments of rust, but in the end, he's put in an absolute peach of a cross for the first and then an audacious piece of skill  a scuffed shot but recovered perfectly to bury it with the second touch. Kind of luck that we've been missing all season.

Berahino: 7 - I thought he did well. Almost set up Gregory for an equaliser. 

I'd downgrade every player except Luongo by at least 0.5 here. Windass and Berahino would be downgraded by 1.5 and 1 respectivley.

1 minute ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

I'd downgrade every player except Luongo by at least 0.5 here. Windass and Berahino would be downgraded by 1.5 and 1 respectivley.

You must be a harsher judge than me. Windass comes on at 1-0 down, sets up the first and then scores the winner with a brilliant strike in the 93rd minute. Pretty much the best sub performance we've had in the last 5 seasons.

• Like 1

Dunkley by a country mile. Immense again. 

Luongo and Windass made an immediate impact when they came on. 

Worthwhile mention to hunt and Theo but they were far too deep too often. 

Fdb had a decent game.

Gregory seemed a bit off it especially missing that absolute sitter laid on for him but made up for it with the equaliser.

Byers too lightweight for me, closed down the space but rarely put a challenge in.

Bazza was a mixed bag. Playing himself into traffic too often and slowing the game down with ponderous passing. But then pulls off a corking pass.

Brennan looked competent.

BPF a little hesitant at times coming for the ball.

Nice to come away with a smile on my face for a change.

Up the owls.

BPF - 6 Didn't have much to do, what he did, did well. 

Brennan - 7 made couple of mistakes that could have costed us early on, but improved as game went on. He was class on the ball and helped us be a better passing side. 

Dunkley - 9 Another fantastic display by big defender. Great in the air and on the ground and in both boxes. 

Palmer - 7 Another solid performance. Perhaps our most consistent player so far this season. 

Hunt - 7 Hard to remember when last he did so well in Wednesday shirt. Some top class set piece deliveries as well. 

Byers - 7 Inteligent and hard working. Keep possession in situations where we usually lose it. 

Bannan - 8 Top performance from our playmaker. 

Dele Bashiru - 6 Don't think he did much to infuence the game and made some silly mistakes. 

Corbeanu - 7 That last pass for Windass aside offered little end product, but created huge problems for Dons that kept them on back foot and stopped from going forward. 

Kamberi - 6 Another hard working performance. Did ok without doing too much. 

Gregory - 7 Thought that he did well even if he didn't score. Some great touches and lots of hard work. Top finish for our first. 

Luongo - 7 Did well after coming on. Prefered to see him closer to goal while we were chasing the game. 

Windass - 7 looked understendably rusty, but showed some great touches as well. Getting injury time winner should boost his confidence. 

Berahino - 5 Did little after coming on with ball bouncing of him a lot. 

Ref - 10 Didn't stop play every 15 second and let teams actually play some football. Refreshing change from what We are used to watching. 

• Like 1