• Bannan
    • Kamberi
    • Gregory
    • Corbeanu
    • Luongo
    • Windass

20 hours ago, Otley Owl said:

Peacock-Farrell 7

Solid, not much he could do about the goal, cracking strike from one of their better players. Good distribution, mixed it up between playing out from the back and going long. 

Hunt 7.5 

Dangerous at times going forwards, solid at the back. Very decent corners, we looked dangerous every time. 

Palmer 8 

Some cracking forward runs, and like Hunt solid in defence. Having a very good season from what I have season.

Byers 6

Neat and tidy from what I saw, didn't have a huge impression on the game. Will hopefully improve with games and increased fitness. 

Brennan 7.5

Looked mostly composed and assured, a couple of wayward passes. Part of a very good defensive performance.

Dunkley 8

Cracking game, won loads in the air again and nothing wrong with his passing out today. Turning into a very important player for us.

Dele-Bashiru 6.5

Mixed bag. Heavy touch and gave away possession a few times, but battled and won the ball for us a fair few times. Could be a very good player if he keeps progressing.

Bannan 8

Dangerous corners, a standard Bannan game - battled well, often looking for the key forward pass. Looks so dangerous when he's playing around the opposites area. 

Kamberi 7

Chased and battled well. Could be onto something if his partnership with Gregory keeps developing. 

Gregory 7

Decent goal and another decent game. Hope we settle with this partnership for a while now.

Corbeanu 8

Couple of times when he didn't make the right decision, but that's understandable. Going to be a huge player this season if he stays fit. Looked dangerous every time we gave him the ball and gave their full back a torrid time. Shooting hit and miss.

Luongo 7.5

Please stay fit! Top class at this level. Allows Bannan to get further up the pitch. 

Windass 7.5

Looked very dangerous, another we need to keep fit and we'll be right up there

Moore 8

Thought the line up, playing style and substitutions were spot on. 

Really enjoyed that. It was an unusual feeling, even when we went 1 down, and missed chance after chance, I still felt we would win. No idea how that works. 2nd half in particular we were all over them, whereas admittedly the first half was more even, with 2 teams trying to play good football. It really was a cracking game.

And we've cracked the 'not winning when going behind' thing. Hopefully!

Based on that game, and recent performances, I really think the play offs are a minimum. 

Cracking night. The pitch and stadium looked great, the fans got going, and the Beres pie was beautiful. Oh and I'm one of those anti-MK ones, it should never be forgotten how they stole themselves a club, so enjoyable to beat them. Their fans were irritating. 

Not the fans fault though. The driving force behind this was Pete Winkelman and given that it is now nearly 20 years since it happened, any MK Dons fans who started following them as youngsters will now likely be in their mid to late 20's and taking their own kids to the game.

You can't go on hating a club and their fans forever just because of the misdeeds of one man (or even a small group of them).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

IMO They did not get it right this time. 

Luongo deserves more than a 6.7  (especially in comparison with Byers 6.1., Hunt 7,6 or Berahino 6.1) 
And it was not BPF's fault that he had a quiet night

I suppose that's the way of things when you apply an algorithm to the raw data.

It's not Peacock-Farrell's fault that he had a quiet night, but he had a quiet night, so his score will be relatively low, I guess.

9 hours ago, mabor said:

BPF   -  6.5

Palmer   -   6

Dunkley   -   7.5

Brennan   -   6.5

Hunt   -   7

Byers   -   6

FDB   -   6

Bannan   -   7

Corbeanu   -   7

Gregory   -   6.5

Kamberi   -   6.5

Windass   -   7

Luongo   -   7

Looking at those scores I'm guessing your first name is Ebeneezer! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Not the fans fault though. The driving force behind this was Pete Winkelman and given that it is now nearly 20 years since it happened, any MK Dons fans who started following them as youngsters will now likely be in their mid to late 20's and taking their own kids to the game.

You can't go on hating a club and their fans forever just because of the misdeeds of one man (or even a small group of them).

A lot of that is fair, I don't really have anything against the fans. It just should never have been allowed to happen, and regardless of the time passed it still rankles. I don't really get the argument that because it was 20 years ago all should be forgiven and forgotten. I appreciate the main culprit was Winkleman as well as anyone involved in the FA passing it through. 

There should have been a much more concerted effort to oppose it at the time. And it takes the mickey that they continue to be called MK Dons. Just change it to Town or Rovers, or whatever. It would be a small step to recognising that it was wrong and stop old gits like me being grumpy about it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Otley Owl said:

A lot of that is fair, I don't really have anything against the fans. It just should never have been allowed to happen, and regardless of the time passed it still rankles. I don't really get the argument that because it was 20 years ago all should be forgiven and forgotten. I appreciate the main culprit was Winkleman as well as anyone involved in the FA passing it through. 

There should have been a much more concerted effort to oppose it at the time. And it takes the mickey that they continue to be called MK Dons. Just change it to Town or Rovers, or whatever. It would be a small step to recognising that it was wrong and stop old gits like me being grumpy about it. 

In fairness I agree 100% with that.

Final scores are below. Thanks to the 24 people who voted.

SWFC vs Milton Keynes Dons, 23 November 2021

Peacock-Farrell: 6.5

Brennan: 6.9

Dunkley: 8.4 - MoM

Palmer: 6.9

Hunt: 7.1

Corbeanu: 8.0

Dele-Bashiru: 6.2

Bannan: 7.8

Byers: 6.2

Kamberi: 6.5

Gregory: 7.0