Darren Moore - Stay or Go? Poll

Darren Moore - Stay or Go  

678 members have voted

1. 1. Should Darren Moore stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

The million dollar question is who can we realistically bring in as a replacement manager?  Not who we would like.  The real world isn’t fantasy football.

If changing the manager would bring about a massive improvement and upturn in results then few would argue against it, myself included.  But I don’t want the manager to be sacked for the sake of it.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, flash said:

Has to go. 

We’ve had some awful managers over the last few decades however I’d like to think that even they with this squad of players in League 1 would do a better job. 

No identity, baffling team selections, no tactics and no heart under Moore. End this nightmare. 

What squad? They are average league 1 players…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A thrashing by Sunderland on Tuesday and I think Moore will be fired. We then have two cup games for someone else to get bedded in and the next league game isn’t until 13th November. Or he’ll keep his job and I’ll just stop watching us play. Either way, at least the misery will be over for me at any rate. 

• Love 1

Got to go imo, the team in its current set up is underperforming and thats down to Moore no one else. 

I know we've only lost 3, Plymouth was expected, Morecambe was unlucky but we have shown very little mental resilience and were still throwing away leads, lest we forget Derby last game of  the season. 

Keepers still not convincing, and need a Loovens type central defender. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marro said:

The million dollar question is who can we realistically bring in as a replacement manager?  Not who we would like.  The real world isn’t fantasy football.

If changing the manager would bring about a massive improvement and upturn in results then few would argue against it, myself included.  But I don’t want the manager to be sacked for the sake of it.

No one will want to come here. It will be someone from the existing coaching staff. Probably Thompson. I’m not actually against it particularly. Think he’d do ok in L1. Promotion is a pipe dream now anyway but at least I could watch each week without having to wash my eyes out with soap at the end of the match. 

• Like 2

Guest DoesJackHunt

I’m really disappointed that we don’t look like we’re improving and to be honest It’s seems more shambolic each game. We aren’t doing the basics like having a shape, or pressing the ball in units, or defending with assurance and calmness. The work DM’s doing on the team is nowhere near good enough at the moment. We have no shape, no identity and it doesn’t look like week on week that any work is being done to improve this at all. 

I worry about who we will get to replace him, I like what he’s doing off the pitch, getting the kids out on loan, looking at trailist and trialist schemes, recruiting younger players etc. I worry when DM does go, who Chansiri will bring in. I don’t trust him to replace him with anyone competent. 

I’m voting stay today….but things have to improve on the pitch and fast, Can’t see us getting much on Tuesday but we need to have a clear shape and press the ball properly when out of possession. I don’t want to see anymore ridiculous formations which the players don’t understand and he needs to start the right players, could not believe it when I saw Shodipo was starting today. 

Just go 4.4.2 Darren, drill them everyday on shape, pressing and defending the box until we start winning games and looking like a cohesive unit.

And FFS, stop playing Shodipo as well, thought he was going to prove me wrong today but instead of banging it in the top corner after he had beaten his man he smashed it out for a throw in! An effing throw in! That said I thought he was slightly better than normal today until he was hooked again. 

2 hours ago, Django said:

I’m going to reserve judgment until I read Biggs at large next week. Biggsy has been telling us for weeks that mid table is acceptable so time will tell 

Is that Alan Piggs? Surprised he’s managed to remove himself from Tufty’s rectum do so any work.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'll just add that the results and the league position wouldn't have been an issue for me if I could see what he was working towards. As it stands, I can't see a single redeeming aspect of his approach, it's cobblers......

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Steelman said:

Is that Alan Piggs? Surprised he’s managed to remove himself from Tufty’s rectum do so any work.

He has. As soon as the bus driver was removed he quickly changed his Twitter picture from him and Wilder to him and Ron Atkinson, and since him and Dave Bassett 

• Haha 1

Tough one.

I like the guy and I was impressed with his recruitment in the summer, but there’s been a lot of warning signs recently that he’s not the man for the job.

Last season we went down with a whimper, I blamed that squad for that rather than the management team. We looked clueless but I was positive Moore would address that in pre season.

This season we get worse with every game. Yesterday’s desperation was there for all to see - players playing out of position, the original game plan was axed after half time AGAIN and then we concede the predictable last minute goal! It’s very worrying to see us playing like this at this stage of the season!

The draws will kill us in this league, just ask Sunderland about that. There’s enough attacking talent in this squad to go at teams, we need a manager who knows how to unlock that potential.

Ryan Lowe fits the criteria for me, but I think he’d be mad to swap Plymouth for this circus. Maybe previous connections and a move back up north could sway it…

• Like 1