Darren Moore - Stay or Go? Poll

Darren Moore - Stay or Go  

678 members have voted

1. 1. Should Darren Moore stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

On 30/10/2021 at 20:54, heppers said:

If voting for him to stay I would be intrigued to know why.

Chopping and changing doesn't work. This is his squad. I don't think there are viable alternatives. It's not even Christmas yet. It's a cost we can't afford. Everyone else will look daft in that training kit. Some players came here to play for him, so if he goes do we just freeze them all out again if they are unhappy with him leaving.

• Like 1

On 31/10/2021 at 14:25, Owls Loyal said:

Lose against Sunderland on Tuesday and I think you will find that the rumblings yesterday will quickly turn very loud.

im already tuning up . we want darren out we want darren out . booooooooooo , what a load of rubbish,  attack attack attack 

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

That's true. When Thompson was chopped he had won 6 from 13.

In comes Moore and wins 3 from 14.

That's a bit reductive. Wasn't Thompson's team and just a caretaker. Moore has more to give. 

If we do sack Moore we will end up with Thompson and I don't want that to the end of the season.

I hate to look across the city but they pulled this trick off, coming like a rocket from League 1 and I really hoped Moore would be that for us... Still could be given time, I do think he's a good manager.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 30/10/2021 at 21:11, Barnsley youth said:

If you believe that there’s some guy in the clouds that looks over us then you need to see a doctor 

In the clouds? That would be the equivalent of Steve Jobs living within his operating system. No I don't believe in that God, My God is far bigger and powerful beyond time and space. Your thinking is far too small!!!! Try again!

It's clear a lot of us want to see him gone now and I wish Chansiri would sack him.

I would also be happier than I am at present if Chansiri showed some real leadership and came out and said he has his support for the full season and will be judged where he is at the end of it.

In management there is generally about 20% who do what you want regardless, 20% who dont like you and the rest are happy to be persuaded one way or the other. Its keeping the 60% motivated that matters. Leaving the guy dangling isn't good for the players. They start to think that this bloke might not be around, he loses his authority. Not just with the ones who don't like him, but the ones who are in the middle.   

15 hours ago, Shadowl said:

That's a bit reductive. Wasn't Thompson's team and just a caretaker. Moore has more to give. 

Reductive?

I stated an indisputable fact.

I don't understand; you say wasn't Thompson's team ...and it wasn't Moore's team.

Yet Thompson won twice as many games as Moore even though he had a game less.

Exact same players, but one of the managers (caretakers) played a slightly 🤔 different system than the other.

Hopefully he will come good and all will be well. Right now I can't see it.