Darren Moore - Stay or Go? Poll

Darren Moore - Stay or Go  

678 members have voted

1. 1. Should Darren Moore stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

16 minutes ago, amitten said:

Because someone needs to be given time at some point and we're not in danger of going down this season.

I think we'd have stayed up last season if Monk wasn't sacked too.

Regularly sacking managers isn't working.

The words nail on head spring to mind.

We’ve sacked too many managers over the last 20 years and where has it got us!?

Turner, Irvine, Luhukay, Pulis,  Monk…. When will this madness end!?

It’s about time we stuck by one of these rubbish managers and stopped striving for better so why not stick with the rubbish manager we currently have.lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Has to go. 

We’ve had some awful managers over the last few decades however I’d like to think that even they with this squad of players in League 1 would do a better job. 

No identity, baffling team selections, no tactics and no heart under Moore. End this nightmare. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, heppers said:

Religious too.

Never a good starting point.

Never did Claudio Ranieri, José Mourinho, Manuel Pellegrini, Roberto Mancini, Carlo Ancelotti or Arsène Wenger any harm. They are all practicing Catholic’s.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am ambivalent about Moore going.

Certainly the team has not playing well for a while but we have changed managers before and after an initial few games nothing much changes. Think it will be the same this time.

That's where i am, if only it was only about the manager.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, amitten said:

Because someone needs to be given time at some point and we're not in danger of going down this season.

I'm all for giving managers time, but you have to make sure you're giving that time to the right manager, otherwise it's just wasted.

I've refrained from calling for Moore to go thus far, and I'm far from convinced that Chansiri would appoint anyone better if he were to sack him, but I have very little faith left in our manager based on what we've seen from him this season.

We look disjointed, demotivated, and altogether lacking in organisation or leadership. Injuries to key players haven't helped, but his response often seems illogical and counter-productive to me.

What have you seen to suggest Moore is the right man to turn this club around?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm all for giving managers time, but you have to make sure you're giving that time to the right manager, otherwise it's just wasted.

I've refrained from calling for Moore to go thus far, and I'm far from convinced that Chansiri would appoint anyone better if he were to sack him, but I have very little faith left in our manager based on what we've seen from him this season.

We look disjointed, demotivated, and altogether lacking in organisation or leadership. Injuries to key players haven't helped, but his response often seems illogical and counter-productive to me.

What have you seen to suggest Moore is the right man to turn this club around?

The players seem to be on board with him is the main thing, and I like that he tries to find positives.

Though the problem I have with changing manager is starting again. He signed 14 players, a new manager would want to bring in his own staff and players. They will then need to be given time anyway.

Agree it needs to be the right manager but I'd give it until the end of the season, we're 8th after dropping 10 points from winning positions. If it doesn't work, try again with another manager on the merry-go-round in the summer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

DM is never gonna quit, why would he? he wouldn't get a pay out! 

All I would say so him would be, come on my old pal, this is clearly not working and deep down you know this! 

Please ring Mr Chansiri and sort out a mutual agreement 🤝  for the sake of our club do the right thing before it gets any worse and leave with a bit of respect 🙏 

Thank you 

1 minute ago, amitten said:

The players seem to be on board with him is the main thing, and I like that he tries to find positives.

Though the problem I have with changing manager is starting again. He signed 14 players, a new manager would want to bring in his own staff and players. They will then need to be given time anyway.

Agree it needs to be the right manager but I'd give it until the end of the season, we're 8th after dropping 10 points from winning positions. If it doesn't work, try again with another manager on the merry-go-round in the summer.

Some fair points, and as I said, I'd rather give a manager time to build something rather than lurch from one to another as we did last season. It's just that Moore's making it really hard to see a positive future developing at this moment in time. 

I'm sensing a growing feeling of exasperation in the players' interviews, too - Adeniran last week and Dunkley today sounded p*ssed off and disillusioned with how it's going. Ultimately, if the results aren't there, then I expect the players will start to lose faith, too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Has to be go.

Nice bloke, bloody hopeless manager.

Feels almost like he's now picking these daft teams to prove a point.

Getting this group of players to be semi competitive in League One isn't that hard.

He's proving a point alright....that he's a useless manager. 

44 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Whilst I agree that most of the mainstream religions are utterly corrupt and devoid of morality, not all religious people are. I know many people who are religious or have faith, and they are wonderful people. I myself am an agnostic atheist (yes there is such a thing), yet I have no issues with people who do believe. It's their choice, as my choice not to believe is mine. 

I really don't think religion has anything to do with being a good or bad football manager. I'd certainly have Jesus on my side. He's done bloody good for Man City. 

Yup, same here (right down to being a Russell Agnostic). If we call for people to go for being religious, that opens the door to botherers of God calling for heathens and unbelievers to be banned...

Just now, Dooogs said:

Yup, same here (right down to being a Russell Agnostic). If we call for people to go for being religious, that opens the door to botherers of God calling for heathens and unbelievers to be banned...

Yes please . That'll save me a whole load of heartache lol

But I agree. A persons beliefs should not be questioned or challenged unless illegal or, disruptive to the role they are undertaking. I doubt Moore's beliefs are in any way disruptive or are even discussed by the players and staff.

It’s a tricky one

We can all give an example of when giving a manager time works (Ferguson and Kendall are the outstanding ones) conversely we can all give examples of where change works ( The Watford model has served them well. Ok they got relegated but always bounced straight back)

For Wednesday I think it needs change

I understand we have no Devine right to win games and we are where we are 
But… we may not be a big club but we have the potential to be a huge club. Easily top 10. The history , the huge LOYAL fan base . Wednesday may not be a big club now but with the right things in place Wednesday are huge

The only season of some success led us to a play off final and by Wembley standards , if it can be believed, the best support they have ever had there. I can believe it . Absolutely incredible, Think Cardiff also

So back to topic 

For Wednesday evolution is not working. We need revolution. It’s just how Wednesday work

Darren Moore can’t provide that. Neither can Chansiri

Ultimately it doesn’t matter who is manager. It needs a new start all round .A revolution 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, amitten said:

Now you've gone and done it!

Since the end of August, that's 2 months, we've averaged 1.09 points a game from a quarter of a seasons worth of games. The longer that goes on, the more pressure that comes and that trap door starts getting closer.

Yes we've got some credit in the bank from the first 4 league games but we are only going one way at present. Remember when we nearly got relegated under Monk when he was 3rd at Christmas?

• Like 5