Darren Moore - Stay or Go? Poll

Darren Moore - Stay or Go  

678 members have voted

1. 1. Should Darren Moore stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

2 minutes ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

Tough one.

I like the guy and I was impressed with his recruitment in the summer, but there’s been a lot of warning signs recently that he’s not the man for the job.

Last season we went down with a whimper, I blamed that squad for that rather than the management team. We looked clueless but I was positive Moore would address that in pre season.

This season we get worse with every game. Yesterday’s desperation was there for all to see - players playing out of position, the original game plan was axed after half time AGAIN and then we concede the predictable last minute goal! It’s very worrying to see us playing like this at this stage of the season!

The draws will kill us in this league, just ask Sunderland about that. There’s enough attacking talent in this squad to go at teams, we need a manager who knows how to unlock that potential.

Ryan Lowe fits the criteria for me, but I think he’d be mad to swap Plymouth for this circus. Maybe previous connections and a move back up north could sway it…

The squad last year was relegated because of the points deduction caused by one man. They were not paid on time on a number of occasions so not surprising that performances suffered 

Lowe would be crackers to come here. Promising young manager, with a growing reputation. However, was it Sturrock that said somebody would make themselves a legend by getting us back in the big time?

• Thanks 1

Was hoping I would wake up this morning and he would be gone but then I remembered Chansiri never acts until it’s to late and things will have to get a lot worse yet. Moore out, Chansiri out. They have both turned this club in to an embarrassment 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 3

I want him to stay. I want him to realise his mistakes and change the shape and structure of how we play. I want him to select a set of players that can work together and be consistent enough and play together enough to know where another player will be and be well organised. That brings confidence and a spirit to the team. 

I want him to do that ...so...for me it's stay and hope he learns. He has until the New Year.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Was hoping I would wake up this morning and he would be gone but then I remembered Chansiri never acts until it’s to late and things will have to get a lot worse yet. Moore out, Chansiri out. They have both turned this club in to an embarrassment 

Both are delusional in my opinion. They both believe their own BS.

This could be a very dangerous combo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

I want him to stay. I want him to realise his mistakes and change the shape and structure of how we play. I want him to select a set of players that can work together and be consistent enough and play together enough to know where another player will be and be well organised. That brings confidence and a spirit to the team. 

I want him to do that ...so...for me it's stay and hope he learns. He has until the New Year.

It what you are saying seems so obvious.

With this squad we should be playing our own consistent style and letting teams change their style to try to neutralise us.

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

Tough one.

I like the guy and I was impressed with his recruitment in the summer, but there’s been a lot of warning signs recently that he’s not the man for the job.

Last season we went down with a whimper, I blamed that squad for that rather than the management team. We looked clueless but I was positive Moore would address that in pre season.

This season we get worse with every game. Yesterday’s desperation was there for all to see - players playing out of position, the original game plan was axed after half time AGAIN and then we concede the predictable last minute goal! It’s very worrying to see us playing like this at this stage of the season!

The draws will kill us in this league, just ask Sunderland about that. There’s enough attacking talent in this squad to go at teams, we need a manager who knows how to unlock that potential.

Ryan Lowe fits the criteria for me, but I think he’d be mad to swap Plymouth for this circus. Maybe previous connections and a move back up north could sway it…

I think he would come here at the drop of a hat. Hasn’t he said he had unfinished business .always talks highly of us. He seems a smart guy and the only chance he will get to manage us is when we are in the brown stuff. That time is now. This would be his only chance so if offered it I doubt he would say no. But we need to be quick or someone else will. Don’t think we will though. Thin DC has no intention of sacking Moore. Hope I’m wrong.

7 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

I think he would come here at the drop of a hat. Hasn’t he said he had unfinished business .always talks highly of us. He seems a smart guy and the only chance he will get to manage us is when we are in the brown stuff. That time is now. This would be his only chance so if offered it I doubt he would say no. But we need to be quick or someone else will. Don’t think we will though. Thin DC has no intention of sacking Moore. Hope I’m wrong.

The DC DM combo could be long term. I dread to think what it will lead to.

I voted stay. I’m not a fan of this asking managers when things aren’t going to well. 

look, I know where not pulling up any trees however, we like a lot of other clubs ( Sunderland,pigs,Ipswich) will have to probably spend a few years rebuilding, adjusting to this sh177y league, before challenging. 

time is unfortunately needed. Sacking and hiring will do absolutely nothing at this stage. As long as we’re not free falling, I will accept it. 

• Like 3

Mosbrough-Owl in the above post assumes that we will be staying in League One under Moore.

Well, make no mistake our current form is RELEGATION FORM.

Once you get in that mire it can be very hard to get out of it.

It was not an easy job at all for Gary Megson to dig us out of the slide that Irvine left us in in  League One.

Anyone remember going to Dagenham & Redbridge away that season!