Darren Moore - Stay or Go? Poll

Darren Moore - Stay or Go  

678 members have voted

1. 1. Should Darren Moore stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

A remainer, only 13 percent of us.

The manager has the same issues as the previous 6.  Poor goalies, Hutchinson being either narky or injured, and no quick striker. Add in the usual injury issues to crocks and it’s rinse and repeat.

i think the manager will come good with a quicker striker . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

The manager has the same issues as the previous 6.  Poor goalies, Hutchinson being either narky or injured, and no quick striker. Add in the usual injury issues to crocks and it’s rinse and repeat.

How many strikers has he signed.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Mosbrough-Owl in the above post assumes that we will be staying in League One under Moore.

Well, make no mistake our current form is RELEGATION FORM.

Once you get in that mire it can be very hard to get out of it.

It was not an easy job at all for Gary Megson to dig us out of the slide that Irvine left us in in  League One.

Anyone remember going to Dagenham & Redbridge away that season!

Current form is concerning but come the end of the season, as long as we’re not in any trouble, I’ll accept it.

46 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

He signed a new keeper in the summer and plenty of other players.

He changes his selections and tactics constantly.

Its Halloween and he is miles away from a settled style or formation. That shows he is clueless in that regard.

The playing out from the back is costly and our play so negative.

We lack confidence and create very little under his tenure.

So many of his new players especially Sow get little game time.

Currently he is insisting on a formation which doesnt suit his signings ( yes ones he made).

Johnson at centre back when Dunkley is fit.

Shodipo and Corbenau at wing back.

This mythical striker won't change any of that.

2 wins in 10 and we have had a favourable run of fixtures during this.

And bore off with your Hutchinson trolling. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

He signed a new keeper in the summer and plenty of other players.

He changes his selections and tactics constantly.

Its Halloween and he is miles away from a settled style or formation. That shows he is clueless in that regard.

The playing out from the back is costly and our play so negative.

We lack confidence and create very little under his tenure.

So many of his new players especially Sow get little game time.

Currently he is insisting on a formation which doesnt suit his signings ( yes ones he made).

Johnson at centre back when Dunkley is fit.

Shodipo and Corbenau at wing back.

This mythical striker won't change any of that.

2 wins in 10 and we have had a favourable run of fixtures during this.

And bore off with your Hutchinson trolling. 

We have different opinions, no issues with that . Good luck to you . I wouldn’t tell you to bore off of course . 

The beauty of this  site is that I literally can bore off on your case. I am adding you to ignore, a fabulous feature of the site that means on my owlstalk you simply no longer exist . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

We have different opinions, no issues with that . Good luck to you . I wouldn’t tell you to bore off of course . 

The beauty of this  site is that I literally can bore off on your case. I am adding you to ignore, a fabulous feature of the site that means on my owlstalk you simply no longer exist . 

Pity.

Now you can't see or accept my offer to give you 500 quid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Agree completely that Moore shows less than zero aptitude for the job. However the cost--financial and spiritual--of another managerial clear out this early in the season is just too high. Probably a managerial change wouldnʻt save the season anyway.

In any case, if I were Chansiri, I wouldnʻt be too anxious for immediate return to the Championship. Like the proverbial dog chasing the car, whatʻs he going to do with it when he catches it? Overspend and increase his losses? Exercise fiscal discipline, and yo-yo back to League One? Maybe best to sit in the third tier for a while and totally clear the rolling 3-year overspend window, presuming that exists. If you are looking for a gaffer who can keep us in the third or fourth tier, Moore is definitely your man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

Agree completely that Moore shows less than zero aptitude for the job. However the cost--financial and spiritual--of another managerial clear out this early in the season is just too high. Probably a managerial change wouldnʻt save the season anyway.

In any case, if I were Chansiri, I wouldnʻt be too anxious for immediate return to the Championship. Like the proverbial dog chasing the car, whatʻs he going to do with it when he catches it? Overspend and increase his losses? Exercise fiscal discipline, and yo-yo back to League One? Maybe best to sit in the third tier for a while and totally clear the rolling 3-year overspend window, presuming that exists. If you are looking for a gaffer who can keep us in the third or fourth tier, Moore is definitely your man.

Eh Up DC!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That’s an alarming vote of non confidence from the fans knowing the club keeps tabs on this site do you think it will have any impact on the decision or we just going to bumble along to Christmas dropping points then have a monster of a second half of the season to climb 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

My how the mighty have fallen if we are looking for that

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

My how the mighty have fallen if we are looking for that

True. And I donʻt seriously suggest that this is what anyone really is looking for, including Chansiri.

But, seriously, trying to guess his point of view, I would wonder how motivated he is to chase promotion at all costs, given that 1) it will cost him a lot of money right away to buy out Moore and his staff; 2) it likely wont matter to the final outcome this season; and 3) immediate promotion will bring him a new set of headaches.

His vanishing act since relegation may suggest that he is taking a longer-term perspective on his investment. A perspective in which breaking the bank to move up a tier is not essential. Disappointing if true to the supporters, at least in the short term.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

True. And I donʻt seriously suggest that this is what anyone really is looking for, including Chansiri.

But, seriously, trying to guess his point of view, I would wonder how motivated he is to chase promotion at all costs, given that 1) it will cost him a lot of money right away to buy out Moore and his staff; 2) it likely wont matter to the final outcome this season; and 3) immediate promotion will bring him a new set of headaches.

His vanishing act since relegation may suggest that he is taking a longer-term perspective on his investment. A perspective in which breaking the bank to move up a tier is not essential. Disappointing if true to the supporters, at least in the short term.

I personally think you are giving DC too much credit.

I'd love it if he was thinking about it but I dare say he isn't. Given what has gone off in the last 5 years,  I'm half expecting to find out Darren Moore has taken the coaching job on the proviso that Atti can pick the formation and the starting XI. That's how inept I think DC is.

Any Chairman, with a wage bill like ours, a fan base like ours, a cash camel in a world where it is hard to make money from football, should never be hoping to consolidate in League One playing a brand of football that will make the few supporters left eye's bleed.

I think you're being too kind, DC doesn't think anything, there's never been any evidence to suggest otherwise. Long-term perspective? You must be having a laugh, it's been missing since he arrived.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

I personally think you are giving DC too much credit.

I'd love it if he was thinking about it but I dare say he isn't. Given what has gone off in the last 5 years,  I'm half expecting to find out Darren Moore has taken the coaching job on the proviso that Atti can pick the formation and the starting XI. That's how inept I think DC is.

Any Chairman, with a wage bill like ours, a fan base like ours, a cash camel in a world where it is hard to make money from football, should never be hoping to consolidate in League One playing a brand of football that will make the few supporters left eye's bleed.

I think you're being too kind, DC doesn't think anything, there's never been any evidence to suggest otherwise. Long-term perspective? You must be having a laugh, it's been missing since he arrived.

I basically agree with everything you say.

I was just putting out a scenario in which the black box that is our Chairman actually thought, to suggest a line of reasoning whereby he might decide just to continue to ignore what is happening. I donʻt make the claim that he actually thinks this way. Just a thought experiment.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

I basically agree with everything you say.

I was just putting out a scenario in which the black box that is our Chairman actually thought, to suggest a line of reasoning whereby he might decide just to continue to ignore what is happening. I donʻt make the claim that he actually thinks this way. Just a thought experiment.

Fair play

Wasn't having a pop at all, as you can tell I'm angry with DC and to be honest, you may be on to something about consolidation if we were talking about a competent owner.

However, Consolidation, Champions, Failures, I just don't think the guy who holds the golden ticket has a clue what is going off.

He may still be confused by the fact that a league in England with the number 1 in it's title isn't in the top echelons of European Football.

• Like 1