My take

7 minutes ago, BadBoy1762 said:

Shodipo score 10 goals (L1) last season, should be in starting line up.

He did well with Oxford last season, for us this he's been awful, can't see any logic to keep playing a player that's performing badly with next to no signs of improvement and that includes last night, he saw the ball a lot, what did he do with it?

7 minutes ago, BadBoy1762 said:

1, we have stopped playing every ball out from the back (suicide football) we are actually going long and that's how we scored! From a long goal kick!

We played it short out of the back for most of the match last night, sadly.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Last night was poor. First 25 minutes in particular was as bad as anything I’ve seen since Moore came in.

I’ve got no idea what the plan is. It’s nearly October and he doesn’t know his best side, or formation. The players look lost and scratching around for some kind of method. 

I’m firmly in the give Moore more time camp. But, my patience tank is running dry and the atmosphere amongst the fans is getting toxic. Very toxic. It’s time to play a 4-4-2, pick a team and stick with it, and get back to the basics. Or, he will be gone in 6 weeks. It’s simply not good enough. 

Spot on - the equaliser came from route 1 football as well. We seem to not want to attack teams and drive at them. Our defence looks as shaky as I've seen it 

I feel like there’s something I’m missing… 

Is Moore doing some sort of trail with all these games?  Getting people minutes in different roles for some specific reason?  Is it an actual strategy? 

It’s confusing… at least have some idea what to do. 

He should be gone now, regardless of a lucky win on Saturday.

Like other posters have said, he doesn’t know his best eleven yet.

Even at the start of the season we were a tad lucky to get the wins, ironic that

one of the best performances against Morecambe was the catalyst for the downward trend.

Lets be honest, when he was announced as manager, who thought it was a good appointment?

What has he ever done?

Get rid now, look what Forest have done….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Moore puts pressure on himself with his tinkering.

Set up with a plan and go for it. We are current too hesitant; unsure and slow particularly at the start of games or for large parts of them. We have the players to do fairly well in this league IMO - top 6.

He's just clinging on; picking up the odd point and claiming success - we'll drift if we're not careful and get cut off from the pack. 

These two games have now put tremendous pressure on the Lincoln game, which will affect the crowd and players. In my view it has been unnecessary - we should be playing with freedom and looking to entertain the fans, not keeping it tight or whatever he's trying to achieve.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedDragonOwl said:

BPF

Hunt

Iorfa

Dunkley

Palmer

Hutchinson

Shodipo

Dele-Bashiru

Aderian

Bannan

Gregory 

Hutch is crap in midfield and gets either sent off or injured. He's a CB end of. Put him in for Dunkley and then add Corbeanu on the wing in either a 4-5-1 or add Berahino for a 4-4-2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Was listening to the Cambridge side of yeh commentary last night, and they were talking about it being a big game for them and a memorable night at their stadium.

Teams come out at us fast and we look shell shocked in the first halves. It's not like Donny where you can set your stall out in the first 10 mins, we have got to be up for it from minute 1 every game.

We have got to find a way to either keep the ball better and tire opponents out, or learn how to counter a high press and when teams squeeze us.

Atm we're wanting to take a slowish start, get some passing going, but we are getting pressed and losing the ball in dangerous areas. If we prove to teams we can beat that press easily they will stop pressing us as much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Last night was poor. First 25 minutes in particular was as bad as anything I’ve seen since Moore came in.

I’ve got no idea what the plan is. It’s nearly October and he doesn’t know his best side, or formation. The players look lost and scratching around for some kind of method. 

I’m firmly in the give Moore more time camp. But, my patience tank is running dry and the atmosphere amongst the fans is getting toxic. Very toxic. It’s time to play a 4-4-2, pick a team and stick with it, and get back to the basics. Or, he will be gone in 6 weeks. It’s simply not good enough. 

Good post. It seems like we’re hoping to stumble across a preferred starting XI, formation and system by accident rather than by design.

I’m all for giving managers time and Moore’s only had 27 league games in charge, some of which he missed due to health issues… but when our aim for this season is promotion, it’s hard to keep justifying such poor performances and results when there are very few signs that things are going to improve. 

I think give him until Xmas and see where we are then… but fùck knows what happens if nothing’s improved, we’re at the whim of DC so anything is possible

Guest Tactical Bacon

For me, Wing and Bannan don't work together.

I liked the 3 we finished with.

Wide men - we seem to be keen to play Hunt and Johnson in those spots. They are (on current form) limited at best. Johnson did eventually get into the stride of the game, but was almost Palmer-esqe in the first half. They do offer more on the defending side, but going forwards they are not a patch on the proper wingers we have in the squad. Which is wherein lies our problem. We do not score (or look like scoring) enough goals.

I feel for the strikers because they are cut adrift from the rest of the team. Its hard to tell if they are playing well or not becuase they are so little involved.

As a team we are less than the sum of our parts right now. The question is, can Moore find the key to unlock the potential.

Wing is struggling with confidence and can’t seem to cope with the expectation of playing for us , hope he turns it around but not sure he will. Hunt had the ball wide so many times and really should’ve have done better , would like to see a genuine winger out there and given the same service. As others have said we started shocking then got better . The passing around at the back seemed to be pass it a few times then send it long , just send it long why waste time. 

• Thanks 1

BPF or Wildsmith, think Wildsmith has come in and one well (may be because he can see now he has cut his hair) BPF still not back to his best

Bannan, Dele and Denis must start each game.

Palmer for me has been the most consistant defender, Lofra has been off and Dunkley although he gives his all is not the best passer but good heading. LB still a problem (where is Galvin?)

Out of all the others that could play wide why have we not given Theo a run, would prefer him to Hunt (Providing he does track back) on the left side Johnson is about the best at the minuite

Up front Gregory but Paterson looks out of form, Berhino may be and i am not sure at Kamberi so looking forward to Windass coming back, lets hope he solves the problem

2 hours ago, SDS Owl said:

Genuine question mate and 100% not meant as a dig……why would you give him more time?

Is it because you believe in him as a manager and think he has the ability to get us promoted, you just don’t feel he’s been given the time to have a fair crack at it or something else?

I’ve been in the ‘give him time’ camp purely because we just can’t keep sacking managers. The same issues keep arising. There’s something systematically wrong with this club.

However. I’m now starting to think that Moore is our ‘chris turner’ and we now need to find a Sturrock. Cos I have no doubts that we have the right players more or less - but it’s becoming more and more clear that DM hasn’t got a clue what to do with them. 

• Like 1

Jury is out for me on Moore. And will be until the turn of the year. If we aren’t in the top 6 I think he’ll be a gonner. 
The big problem with changing manager is always the same one. Who do you get who will be better? 

Im sure we would get applications for the job but it’s got to be someone who can work with Chansiri which clearly narrows the list!

What’s the obsession with playing 4-4-2 ?
It won’t make the slightest difference if opponents work harder, have a set game plan and play with more energy. This is where we are failing. We are being over run because our opponents are quicker to the ball and playing a direct League one style of football.

This is what Moore and the players have to understand. You have to work just as hard or even harder than the opponent to win games even in the mediocre League we find ourselves in. Last night a raw 20 year old seemed to be the only one to understand and put this into action.

4 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

We looked much brighter when we switched to 4-4-2. Not rocket science is it, you should pick a team/formation on how they have played in certain formations etc. 

That had as much to do with Cambridge backing off and trying to settle for a point.

3 hours ago, RedDragonOwl said:

BPF

Hunt

Iorfa

Dunkley

Palmer

Hutchinson

Shodipo

Dele-Bashiru

Aderian

Bannan

Gregory 

While Hutchinson isn't fit play Corbeanu on the right.

Then when he's back take out Dunkley.

Edited by jonnyowl