My take

Good OP, and agree with the gist of it. I think he does have time, just, to turn it around. But he’s got to want to change his ways. 

I can’t work out if he’s being too clever for his own good or just doesn’t know what he wants to do - regularly in interviews goes on about playing different formations, personnel for different types of game etc. Which in theory is all fine, but for L1 players… really?

The players look confused at times, and it’s no surprise it takes us ages to get into games sometimes as we are trying out another new tactic. I think we’ve played at least 4 different formations this season, players come and go into the team at random, and despite poor performances certain players can’t get a look in. You need to be tactically versatile sure, but we chop and change so much it’s hard to get any momentum or understanding developed. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, debram said:

But the warning signs have been there since the 1st few games and he still hasn't grasped it, how much time do we waste.

I'd argue the overall performances over past two games have been much better than anything we produced in first few games.

I'd be shocked if we aren't in top 6 by end of November and before season started many would have been happy with that given squad overhaul 

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl
  • Like 2

If you can see the team progressing you can argue for more time if you can results and performances improving you can too ask for more time

theres A slight argument that we’ve created more chances in the last two games but let’s be fair we are over 1/4 way through the season and we’ve just played a very average Wimbledon and very poor Cambridge and still not got wins 

the every game season gets closer to ending and we still don’t look anywhere near a strong outfit the inconsistency in squads and formations is a concern as their seems to be no plan 

the only defence I can give Moore is that he is without 

windass

hutchinson 

luongo

who I no doubt go straight into the starting 11

i think in the current formation with three at the back Gibson also has a big say and possibly Byers 

that all said we have enough players in this squad to be beating teams like Wimbledon and Cambridge who will achieve nothing this year 

we are under performing I honestly think this playing out from the back is arrogant and puts us under more pressure than it creates chances at the other end 

I’ve seen countless times both Paterson and Gregory out muscle or beat defenders to a lost cause by applying pressure at the right end and being more physical so why not go longer 

Deli and adrienan can win second balls or I’d like to think their presence and physicality can 

you’ve got to earn the right to play and so far this season we’ve had no right 

there looks like no change in playing mentality or urgency and I question weather Moore can get these players playing with fire in their belly 

for All of the above abs I’ve been saying not for 2/3 games unless there is an urgent change then Moore needs to be the one changed 

how long do you give it until this 2/3 games turns into 5/6, 8/9 10/11 games 

the way we are going we won’t even make the play offs 

results need to happen now 

36 minutes ago, vulva said:

The whole thing needs a spark. We lack a Ben Marshall, Antonio, Jones. 

Arguably we have players who are capable of that - Shodipo, Sow, Corbeanu, Windass and Berahino may not be as good as Marshall or Antonio were for us but they should still be able to cause defences problems in this division… if used properly

4 hours ago, vulva said:

Last night was poor. First 25 minutes in particular was as bad as anything I’ve seen since Moore came in.

I’ve got no idea what the plan is. It’s nearly October and he doesn’t know his best side, or formation. The players look lost and scratching around for some kind of method. 

I’m firmly in the give Moore more time camp. But, my patience tank is running dry and the atmosphere amongst the fans is getting toxic. Very toxic. It’s time to play a 4-4-2, pick a team and stick with it, and get back to the basics. Or, he will be gone in 6 weeks. It’s simply not good enough. 

Its like.... Lets go out and see what they do and if they're rubbish pass the ball to them.

1 hour ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

I'd argue the overall performances over past two games have been much better than anything we produced in first few games.

I'd be shocked if we aren't in top 6 by end of November and before season started many would have been happy with that given squad overhaul 

Just a bit more consistency and you could be right, can't afford performances like the 1st half better sides will punish us.

5 hours ago, vulva said:

Last night was poor. First 25 minutes in particular was as bad as anything I’ve seen since Moore came in.

I’ve got no idea what the plan is. It’s nearly October and he doesn’t know his best side, or formation. The players look lost and scratching around for some kind of method. 

I’m firmly in the give Moore more time camp. But, my patience tank is running dry and the atmosphere amongst the fans is getting toxic. Very toxic. It’s time to play a 4-4-2, pick a team and stick with it, and get back to the basics. Or, he will be gone in 6 weeks. It’s simply not good enough. 

Absolutely 100% agree…very well put

If we had taken the chances we seem to be creating now we would have won the last two games, and we would have been happy bunnies  Biggest problem Moore has is his poor communication to the press/ fans. Don't forget Moore is part of a team and I'm sure his team know as much about tactics and team selections as the "keyboard warriors" who post on here. It's funny Wednesday score and we are the best team in the land and as soon as they concede it's everybody out. Without exception Moore's signing were lauded on here now they are all rubbish.

I will remind you all about the clamour on here to buy Rhodes....If we hadn't bought him maybe the financial issues would not have been as bad as they are.

• Haha 1

A very concisely worded OP that hits the nail on the head, for me. 

This season just isn't going the way I thought it would, but in the opposite way I expected. I've been a strong advocate of time, saying on here before a ball was kicked that we wouldn't know what this team "is" until November. For me, if we were in touching distance of the top 6 by November, then we'd be fine. 

However that was dependant on seeing improvement. On a sense of growth as the season went on. On "figuring things out" over the first 3 months. On seeing a team, a system and an identity develop. 

We ARE in touching distance of the top 6, but it doesn't feel like it. I don't sense improvement. I don't see any growth. We don't appear to have figured ANYTHING out, and nobody seems to know what this team is even trying to work towards - nevermind achieve - in terms of a system or identity. We look lost and the starting XI is a weekly dice roll. 

Speaking as someone prepared to give this team FOUR MONTHS to get going, I think we feel absolutely miles off even that extremely low bar. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, debram said:

Just a bit more consistency and you could be right, can't afford performances like the 1st half better sides will punish us.

Not really worried about us playing the better sides, was but worried about likes of Donny game early on when got three points but struggled to create chances.

Last two games have had xG of 2.44 and 2.71, have created loads, and looked at better.  

• Like 1

My take: I think we will improve and make the playoffs but I wouldn't be surprised if we had a wobble and Moore ended up getting sacked.

My actual take: I'm starting to get a perverse thrill from the idea that we will simply never come from behind to win ever again.