My take

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Last night was poor. First 25 minutes in particular was as bad as anything I’ve seen since Moore came in.

I’ve got no idea what the plan is. It’s nearly October and he doesn’t know his best side, or formation. The players look lost and scratching around for some kind of method. 

I’m firmly in the give Moore more time camp. But, my patience tank is running dry and the atmosphere amongst the fans is getting toxic. Very toxic. It’s time to play a 4-4-2, pick a team and stick with it, and get back to the basics. Or, he will be gone in 6 weeks. It’s simply not good enough. 

Good post and agree with all apart from giving him more time.

It won't make a jot of difference as we'll be here after 20 games saying the same things ... give him the sack today

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

Last night was poor. First 25 minutes in particular was as bad as anything I’ve seen since Moore came in.

I’ve got no idea what the plan is. It’s nearly October and he doesn’t know his best side, or formation. The players look lost and scratching around for some kind of method. 

I’m firmly in the give Moore more time camp. But, my patience tank is running dry and the atmosphere amongst the fans is getting toxic. Very toxic. It’s time to play a 4-4-2, pick a team and stick with it, and get back to the basics. Or, he will be gone in 6 weeks. It’s simply not good enough. 

But the warning signs have been there since the 1st few games and he still hasn't grasped it, how much time do we waste.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, vulva said:

Genuine question mate and 100% not meant as a dig……why would you give him more time?

Is it because you believe in him as a manager and think he has the ability to get us promoted, you just don’t feel he’s been given the time to have a fair crack at it or something else?

It’s now it never for Moore. He’s on the very brink of the point of no return. Fail to win on Saturday and I can’t see him turning it around. He won’t be sacked just yet and as I said last night he might just have stumbled upon his midfield. Personally, in the long run I don’t see him being a success here. 

Edited by BIG D
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SDS Owl said:

Genuine question mate and 100% not meant as a dig……why would you give him more time?

Is it because you believe in him as a manager and think he has the ability to get us promoted, you just don’t feel he’s been given the time to have a fair crack at it or something else?

I think he inherited a unique situation. And they are his players. We can’t do anything on that side of things until January, and I suspect not a great deal can/will happen anyway. He does know this this league.

And I actually think our recruitment has been good. Windass and Gregory keeping fit will be huge.

But for whatever reason it’s just ain’t working. I fear he’s one bad result away from a big problem. But all things equal, I’d give him until Christmas. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

It’s now it never for Moore. He’s on the very brink of the point of no return. Fail to win on Saturday and I can’t see him turning it around. He won’t be sacked just yet and as I said last night he might just have stumbled upon his midfield. Personally, I’m the long run I don’t see him being a success here. 

That’s the crux of the matter for me. Looking at his managerial record I don’t think he will either so I’d get rid immediately however I can understand fans that do believe he will saying give him more time. 

• Like 1

It's difficult to find positives.

The fact that on occasion we've strung the odd 10 minutes or so together where we've played decent stuff with some intensity confirms that we do have decent players in the main. Although we don't have enough cover defensively and as I ultimately suspect we'll see a formation change to 4-4-2 we're over run with wide forwards.

The tactical blackhole in Moore's head is further compounded by our apparent mentality vacuum, we're going into games with the wrong tactical approach and poor mindset. We only realised we were in a fight yesterday with ten minutes to go, it's not good enough.

Almost more worrying is the odd times we have clicked feels like more of an accident than by design because nothing is learnt from it. Injuries and fitness aside if he's going to continue with 3 in midfield he must be giving a run of games to Adeniran, Dele and Bannan. They look the most complete central midfield trio to me. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

I think he inherited a unique situation. And they are his players. We can’t do anything on that side of things until January, and I suspect not a great deal can/will happen anyway. He does know this this league.

And I actually think our recruitment has been good. Windass and Gregory keeping fit will be huge.

But for whatever reason it’s just ain’t working. I fear he’s one bad result away from a big problem. But all things equal, I’d give him until Christmas. 

Fair enough.

For me the appointment was a bizarre one from the outset. I can’t for the life of me understand what DC saw in Moore’s managerial record to think he was a good appointment.

I feel we are just treading water for another wasted season before the inevitable change but I admit that’s based on the fact I have zero faith in the manager.

1 minute ago, SDS Owl said:

For me the appointment was a bizarre one from the outset. I can’t for the life of me understand what DC saw in Moore’s managerial record to think he was a good appointment.

West Brom fans seem to really rate him for some reason, friend of mine follows the Baggies and he was really praising him when we appointed him...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

West Brom fans seem to really rate him for some reason, friend of mine follows the Baggies and he was really praising him when we appointed him...

Again, fair enough.

All entitled to an opinion but he did play for them for many years which does tend to cloud people’s opinions.

My take, we were absolutely garbage the first 45mins!!! Clueless like watching a pub team play for the first time! During the brake they must of got paid, because for the first 10mins we actually looked like we were trying!! Like others have mentioned we need to play wingers on the wing Shodipo score 10 goals (L1) last season, should be in starting line up. Corbeanu wolves fans wanted to keep him, we ain't even playing him in L1, had a good game then not played since 🤷

What I noticed last nite.

1, we have stopped playing every ball out from the back (suicide football) we are actually going long and that's how we scored! From a long goal kick!

2, Bannan wasn't demanding the ball as much. there were time in the game when Bannan would of ran over to the player and demanded the ball off them. But Last night I was watching him and several occasions he was open put just looked at the player on the ball, as it to say 'go on then I can't do everything..... ' whether this has come from Moore or Bannan tho knows.