PLYMOUTH ARGYLE ~v~ WEDNESDAY OMDT

1st game ive missed lucky me . Ive seen this coming to be honest , we are totally lacking going forward and thats been in every game even what we have won. I really like d moore as a person im hoping he can get things right or even as early as next month chansiri chopping board might be out. Never ending 

In this division you have to be direct

You need pace and power

Tippy tap football will get us nowhere

The game has to be played in the oppositions half

Playing the ball across our back four is okay in the championship, not in league 1

Not one player won his own personal battle today

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Just now, beswetherick said:

Honestly this performance has been almost as bad as some of the crap we had to sit through last season. 

The fans who’ve travelled all that way deserve much better

No it wasn't. It wasn't good but the heads didn't drop. Last season we would have given up after the second goal. We'd probably have give up after the first.

At least we tried, clueless yes but at least we tried.  Berahino needs time to fit in but there were signs he's quality.

5 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

I think we will be up there mate yeah, like I said we have no divine right and it won’t happen over night but this team once it gels should be good enough to see us challenging for promotion. You can’t genuinely judge after 6 games can you?

No you can’t pal but I’ve got serious reservations about Moore. Just like in any job across any industry, I like someone that’s proven and Moore isn’t.

Hope you are right and thanks for the balanced response.

• Like 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Are you one of those who thinks every game is gonna be a 5:0 victory and if not then we need to change everything and put the players and management in sack cloth and ashes and parade them round the Town square to ensure they’re as embarrassed as possible?

lol

It worries me that after two weeks of tactical and technical training in preparation to carve teams open and handle the expectations of this match, we only manage to force their keeper into 1 save in 90 minutes. 

The first game after an international break and your transfer window complete is the best opportunity you have to stamp down a marker and say "this is how we want to play, this is how we're going to play"... today was an unacceptable level of complacency. 

• Like 5

Just now, StudentOwl said:

It worries me that after two weeks of tactical and technical training in preparation to carve teams open and handle the expectations of this match, we only manage to force their keeper into 1 save in 90 minutes. 

The first game after an international break and your transfer window complete is the best opportunity you have to stamp down a marker and say "this is how we want to play, this is how we're going to play"... today was an unacceptable level of complacency. 

Doesnt worry me

We can just learn and do better next game and put it right 

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

In this division you have to be direct

You need pace and power

Tippy tap football will get us nowhere

The game has to be played in the oppositions half

Playing the ball across our back four is okay in the championship, not in league 1

Not one player won his own personal battle today

It didn't work then. 

Not sure I can even give a throw atm.

I've seen this film so many times before and the ending is always the same.

Had that sense before the match we'd lose this one. For years now, we've responded poorly to defeat and we've done it yet again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

I think the manager needs to look

again at how he’s setting the team up 

He’s been absolutely schooled there today with Ryan Lowe 

Plymouth haven’t broken sweat 

Agree, personally I think we start with Corbeanu and Shodipo to give the opposites something to think about. 

Not seen enough of Sow, but Johnson playing in a front 3 too pragmatic, he's better at LB.

We need to be dominating the ball more, we've some.good technical footballers and they need to show their supposed quality. 

3 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Huge mistake that midfield three, could see it a mile off in the first 10 mins. Desperately needed a bully in there. With Dele or even patto just to get stuck in. 

Nobody will convince me that we wouldn’t have been far harder to score against with Hutch in midfield and Dunkley at the back.

• Like 1