PLYMOUTH ARGYLE ~v~ WEDNESDAY OMDT

3 minutes ago, shez owl said:

Never bought into the promotion bus.

This team is not solid enough, creative enough or streetwise enough. 

Spot on

Historically we always struggle first season back in this league. I said before the season started we would be mid table but hoping we could push for 6th spot. It's looking increasingly like mid / lower table for me. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

It’s really not working for me and I can’t see where we’re trying to go as it all looks so disjointed.

We have a lone striker completely isolated most of the time. Our wingers don’t seem to be able to create things or beat a man (Shodipo tried today though). A central midfield which seems to lose the midfield battle for large parts of the game. We seem to gift the opposition so much time and space around our final third and down our wings. We continually invite pressure on ourselves by playing out from the back. Every other pass is backwards.

Apart from the opening 30 minutes against Fleetwood and the second half against Rotherham it’s not been working. We’ve had two weeks on the training ground and we came out today looking like they’ve all been out potting last night. 

Moore needs to get this sorted out ASAP.

Agree with all of this. 

We were ok for a short spell in the first half (around the half hour mark) and slightly better in the last ten minutes (other than their goal) but the rest was atrocious. 

I’m not advocating total hoofball, but let’s play the game in the opposites’ half instead of inviting pressure by passing it round our penalty box and then clearing it in a panic when their attackers close the ball down.

We’re not great at fashioning clear cut chances either so play the percentages game - get the ball in their box more and be positive

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gingerknob1 said:

Every single away game will be like this they all think it’s there cup final 

If you think that Plymouth thought that a game against Sheffield Wednesday who just happen to have a big crumbling ground and a few thousand supporters is their cup final then sorry mate I dont see it. They were playing us not Manchester bl00dy City for Gods sake. 

• Like 1

Plymouth got it bang on and celebrated like they had won a final. They won’t play like that each week. The point we must learn and quickly is that teams will treat playing us like a cup final and we must Be up for it for the word go and we were nowhere near up for it. 
I don’t want to get into a blame game, but that midfield needed some beef from the off.

Worryingly we’ve had 2 weeks training and come up with very little. 
Now you need to earn your corn Mr Moore and sort this. 
Im not in the promotion camp, I never was, but I expect better performances than that. 

2 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Spot on

Historically we always struggle first season back in this league. I said before the season started we would be mid table but hoping we could push for 6th spot. It's looking increasingly like mid / lower table for me. 

The last three times that we've played in third tier or the old 3rd Division were 1974-80 2003/04 and 2010/11.

Still a long old season to go. No need to completely lose our sh*t just yet. But we’ve really got to learn how to play in this league, we can’t expect to go into games thinking the opposition are going to stand off us and let us knock the ball around. And Moore needs to learn what his next option is when it’s not working. 

We have some good players, who need to adapt to a more direct style, and be more physical. We got bullied at times today.

But let’s be fair, there has been a lot of change and a lot of players brought in. I do think we need to have some patience.

3 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

The last three times that we've played in third tier or the old 3rd Division were 1974-80 2003/04 and 2010/11.

Yeah, I was mainly referring to the 2003 and 2010 seasons where we struggled but got it together the following seasons

Just now, Crofty_11 said:

No plan B. If that’s the style of football he brings, he’ll be gone by Christmas. Nothing changed in the second half. Playing ourselves into trouble, passing backwards, no movement, ineffective Bannan dancing & prancing around with no bite. Utter ******** poo.

Could be another Megson-Jones type scenario. Moore puts a decent squad together, but another man finishes the job off.

Appalling, embarrassing & abysmal.

Bannan is more interested in showing off his flicks than doing anything positive.

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

Yeah, I was mainly referring to the 2003 and 2010 seasons where we struggled but got it together the following seasons

Slight Correction  here : 2003-05 and 2010-12 I Should have said, also, your abosolutely right about struggling in L1 when we've been relegated from the Championship.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Still a long old season to go. No need to completely lose our sh*t just yet. But we’ve really got to learn how to play in this league, we can’t expect to go into games thinking the opposition are going to stand off us and let us knock the ball around. And Moore needs to learn what his next option is when it’s not working. 

We have some good players, who need to adapt to a more direct style, and be more physical. We got bullied at times today.

But let’s be fair, there has been a lot of change and a lot of players brought in. I do think we need to have some patience.

Having patience is fine, and yes it is a long season with plenty of points still to play for, but getting beat of diddy poo like Morecambe and hammered off another diddy team in Plymouth should never be acceptable  

• Like 1