Saido Berahino

7 minutes ago, Plonk said:

The only way I can see this happening is if him and DM are mates. If that’s the case you would think DM knows more about him, his demons and what he is like now. Certainly a cracking player in his prime. If DM thinks he is in a place to rekindle his career then it’s got to be worth a go

People have talked Moore up a lot this summer as being the reason we've been able to complete a 13-signing rebuild in one transfer window, on such limited resources, and how it's his qualities as a manager as to why players want to come here and play for him.

If that's the case, then I think you have to apply the same trust to Moore with a situation like this, as you do just convincing some 21 year old's or players on the fringes of squads. A player with Berahino's history doesn't make or break Moore's career, but it's an interesting challenge of the qualities people think he already holds as a manager anyway, and for me he's earned the trust to give it a go. 

If it works, we have a player on our hands and it's another shrewd move by Moore/the club. 

• Like 4

My gut reaction was "oh fizz off" but as others have said, DM knows him and DM seems to demand high standards. If he can get a tune out of him then he could tear this league a new Arsehole.

Might be a bit like when Jamie Tartt went back to AFC Richmond though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

People have talked Moore up a lot this summer as being the reason we've been able to complete a 13-signing rebuild in one transfer window, on such limited resources, and how it's his qualities as a manager as to why players want to come here and play for him.

If that's the case, then I think you have to apply the same trust to Moore with a situation like this......

I absolutely trust DMs judgement.

I just hope there's a loophole in the deal if it doesn't work out.

2 minutes ago, George said:

My gut reaction was "oh fizz off" but as others have said, DM knows him and DM seems to demand high standards. If he can get a tune out of him then he could tear this league a new Arsehole.

Might be a bit like when Jamie Tartt went back to AFC Richmond though. 

He has never attained high standards. DM is no miracle worker