Saido Berahino

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

I’d prefer we avoided him. Seems to enjoy drink driving far too much. 

4 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

I'm with you. Once, twice maybe but three times suggests he doesn't really learn. 

Seems like we might finally get a ROI on those D-Taxis?

• Haha 2

The point I was trying to make is that IF they know each other well they have probably been chatting regularly, and DM will have a good idea on his mental state. I really don’t think this is a last day transfer, I think it will be one that’s been in the pipeline for a bit. 

• Like 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
30 minutes ago, Northampton Owl said:

And nothing made it past the walls

I think you’re getting confused with Bannan’s free kicks…

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

The point I was trying to make is that IF they know each other well they have probably been chatting regularly, and DM will have a good idea on his mental state. I really don’t think this is a last day transfer, I think it will be one that’s been in the pipeline for a bit. 

After 84 days or so of the transfer window it really is. Of course the vast majority of transfers require negotiation beforehand but I still don't understand why so much is left to the last few hours by so many clubs on the last day. We've actually been exceptionally good at getting business done in good time having said that.

41 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Interesting article, maybe he sees Moore as a mentor who can keep him on the right track? This one really could go either way - he’ll either be brilliant for us or it’ll be a total disaster

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-saido-berahino-rio-ferdinand-5132186.amp?__twitter_impression=true

I think it would only be a ‘total disaster’ if we he was our main target and we didn’t sign any other strikers. Not exactly bad backup, and then if it does go pete tong then we have others players more than capable to fill in. 

• Like 1

Darren Moore was this first person he saw when he signed for West Brom as an 11/12 year old boy 

He nearly ended up back at west Brom when Moore was in charge on loan but Stoke blocked it because they had paid 15 million for him and he wasn’t doing the business and it wouldn’t look good if he returned and started scoring again 

he text Moore last season when he got the Wednesday job to congratulate hi and said stay in the championship next year I’m coming to help you 

I think he has massive respect for Moore and will play under him 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

After 84 days or so of the transfer window it really is. Of course the vast majority of transfers require negotiation beforehand but I still don't understand why so much is left to the last few hours by so many clubs on the last day. We've actually been exceptionally good at getting business done in good time having said that.

What I meant was I think there will have been conversations between the two. Maybe we have had other targets that didn’t come off, or maybe as the windows closing DMs thought, you know what let’s give him a go. As opposed to an agent ringing him at lunch time saying he’s available do you want him. Hope that makes sense?

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

What I meant was I think there will have been conversations between the two. Maybe we have had other targets that didn’t come off, or maybe as the windows closing DMs thought, you know what let’s give him a go. As opposed to an agent ringing him at lunch time saying he’s available do you want him. Hope that makes sense?

Actually I've just read that he's a free agent so the deal doesn't need to be finalised today so, if true,  you're right it's not a last day transfer.

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Actually I've just read that he's a free agent so the deal doesn't need to be finalised today so, if true,  you're right it's not a last day transfer.

Thought he was at a Belgium club? 

If Moore can get his Arm around him and getting him playing At 60% of the player when he was at West Brom we will have signed a star

just hope he’s matured enough and put behind him 

the attention seeking 

depression 

drama 

he’s grown up a lot and his hungry again in Moore we trust this could be a car crash or genuis and I think Moore is a perfect fit for him  to kick start his English football 

• Like 1

I just hope it’s a contract that means he goes in Jan if it proves a waste of time. Because I’m sure he’ll be fully up for it and raring to go when he’s running out at Fleetwood, Accrington, Crewe and gillingham. 🙄