George Byers incoming

4 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

BB will be off for sure. It's not a coincidence when you look at his comments about 'seeing how things were' before returning to pre season, us signing an influx of midfielders and him sitting out yesterdays game. 

Those comments were made fairly recently after relegation, when players were still unpaid, and we had no new signings and I’d envision it seemed like a second straight relegation might be on the cards if we were severely embargoed.

I’d find it hard to believe there’s not a buzz around the place now and that Bannan isn’t excited about the prospect of us being a striker or two away from possibly having a group of team-mates ready to aim for promotion. 

Maybe he’ll go, but don’t think the previous comments have anything to do with it, reports also saying the injury is genuine and last night he put up a story asking for 1-1 yoga teachers in Sheffield. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, BRUCE LEE said:

We’ve got Adeniren, Hutchinson, Luongo, Wing and now Byers that can all play CM in some capacity

Being realistic, how much strength in depth do we need

We need 2 strikers now, the most expensive commodity in the market, to fund that I’d be surprised if Bannan isn’t sacrificed 

Not really seen us linked with any CBs, so with Hutch's age I'm hoping we only see him at back at cb and back to his natural position. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Not really seen us linked with any CBs, so with Hutch's age I'm hoping we only see him at back at cb and back to his natural position. 

I think Hutch is far more controlled at CB. He adds an air of authority in the defence. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A47Owl said:

Am I right in thinking you can only have 5 loanees in a matchday squad.

If we carry on getting loans it's going to be difficult to field a squad with only 5 loanees. 

Byers is permanent from what I’ve seen.

Id imagine we’ll take up the full allocation of 5, maybe even 6 loans though.

5 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

Am I right in thinking you can only have 5 loanees in a matchday squad.

If we carry on getting loans it's going to be difficult to field a squad with only 5 loanees. 

Yep. we only have 3 so far though.

1 hour ago, marshy said:

It's been said countless times, stop Bazza and you stop Wednesday. It's been so true that we've been very reliant on him in fact too reliant for me in so much at it actually stops any other form of play and at times it's so predictable. Having said that, Barry does have some amazing qualities that we will miss, but it's a new dawn here and time to make way for others to shine.

If that makes us overall a better side then so be it.

Of course the opposition want to focus on BB and stop him as he's our best player.

If that stops Wednesday it's because the other midfield players haven't been good enough. There's not been anyone capable of stepping up to the plate  and imposing themselves if BB is marked out of the game.

The nearest to Bannan in ability is Luongo but he's rarely been available.

Hopefully now we are bringing better midfielders to play alongside BB  and reduce our reliance on him being MOM every game.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Of course the opposition want to focus on BB and stop him as he's our best player.

If that stops Wednesday it's because the other midfield players haven't been good enough. There's not been anyone capable of stepping up to the plate  and imposing themselves if BB is marked out of the game.

The nearest to Bannan in ability is Luongo but he's rarely been available.

Hopefully now we are bringing better midfielders to play alongside BB  and reduce our reliance on him being MOM every game.

Or a different approach... some pace to utilise, so no more.... slowly, slowly approach play

24 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I dont want to see Hutch as anything more than a utility sub who can fill in roles form the bench or shore us up if we are hanging on. 

I struggle to see where BB plays in a 4-2-3-1. I think he’ll be gone by the end of the window.  Not sure if that strengthens or weakens us.  It will all depend on the calibre of strikers we sign.

I don't think BB will leave this summer. Firstly, DC won't let him go cheaply if he was to leave and secondly, if there was a £1m clause in his contract he would have been gone at the start of the window

I know we've brought in 6 new faces but we've lost far more than that since the end of last season so I don't think it does mean Bannan is off if Byers comes in

I don’t think signing Byers means Bannan is off. However, for all his attributes, I do think it is time Baz moved on. He’s been a great servant to the club, but we need a new direction now, a different  tempo and approach. I’m not saying we can’t achieve this with Bannan, but he will need to change his mentality if he stays and accept he is a cog and not the whole team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trev said:

Got some proper options in midfield.

Can any of them play on the Wing??

We only have Green don't we?

Green, Shodipo, Adedoying, Hagan, Windass when he gets back...