George Byers incoming

Guest Jack the Hat

I think BB will stay. All this talk about us being skint is lopsided. We are not throwing the money around as much to avoid penalties and to stop wasting it, but I get the feeling DC still has plenty he is willing to spend efficiently. We still only sell players when we want.  All he has done recently is play down expectations to the fanbase. And I don't blame him for that. I'm neither a DC lover or hater, but he must be sick of spaffing money and getting vitriol from the fans for his trouble. I think the non payment of wages was more a spitting of the dummy than a shortage of cash. But we will see.

10 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Byers in, Bannan out would weaken the side unless we invest the Bannan money in a top LG1 forward.

I certainly won't be starting the car to drive Bannan to the station just yet.

Wouldn't want to drive Bannan to the station full stop.

This isn't going to be cheap, and there is no indication that BB is part of the deal just speculation.

Say what you like about DC, and there is a lot to be critical about, but he certainly is prepared to back his manager and has continued to come up with the cash even in these very difficult times. Credit where credit's due.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

53 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

We’ve got Adeniren, Hutchinson, Luongo, Wing and now Byers that can all play CM in some capacity

Being realistic, how much strength in depth do we need

We need 2 strikers now, the most expensive commodity in the market, to fund that I’d be surprised if Bannan isn’t sacrificed 

if Moore wants to play 3 in midfield then 5 is probably a sensible number to have when including cover isn't it? Hunt/Waldock will likely go out on loan now. 

I don't get why people are assuming that signing Byers = Bannan leaving. Moore looks like he wants to play with 3 in CM in some variation. To do that probably need 5 as a minimum to cover injury suspensions etc. The logical explanation would be Hunt or Waldock or both moving out on loan. It looks like good business to me. Probably gives us the strongest midfield in the league on paper. Agree need to bring in forwards but you don't just pass up on targets if they become available in the mean time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How many subs can we use this season? if we are going with three midfielders and can name seven subs then six players for the three roles would be about right. Use the subs properly in the second half to keep the intensity up.

• Like 2

What is the point in bringing him in ? He is not replacement for Bannnan and if he can play as a playmaker I'm yet to see it as he didn't do it as a first team player at Swansea or Portsmouth.

If we sign Byers, We will have him, Luongo, Adedoyin and Dele-Bashiru to fight for one spot next to Bannan and Wing in our midfield.

If he is supposed to be replacement for out going Bannan, than we could have serious problems.

2 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

This isn't going to be cheap, and there is no indication that BB is part of the deal just speculation.

Say what you like about DC, and there is a lot to be critical about, but he certainly is prepared to back his manager and has continued to come up with the cash even in these very difficult times. Credit where credit's due.

This is very fair. Let’s hope he’s finally learning from his many, many mistakes - it’s a shame we’ve had to go from one game from the PL to relegation into the third tier for him to realise the error of his ways, but better late than never I suppose.

Based on DC’s track record (and being a Wednesday fan in general), it still feels like something could go catastrophically wrong at any moment, but I’m a lot more optimistic about the upcoming season than I was a few weeks ago. We’ve needed this kind of overhaul for 2/3 seasons now and I like the direction Moore is going in terms of building the squad - we’re 2 or 3 signings away from having what looks like a decent team with plenty of depth

• Like 3

1 minute ago, malek said:

What is the point in bringing him in ? He is not replacement for Bannnan and if he can play as a playmaker I'm yet to see it as he didn't do it as a first team player at Swansea or Portsmouth.

If we sign Byers, We will have him, Luongo, Adedoyin and Dele-Bashiru to fight for one spot next to Bannan and Wing in our midfield.

If he is supposed to be replacement for out going Bannan, than we could have serious problems.

Moore seems to want to play FDB out wide. So that leaves 5 fighting for 3 spots in the midfield. It's sensible business. Only our fans could moan about having strength in depth.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Yes there are indications and suggestions that DC gets on better with DM than any manager since CC.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wmb said:

Moore seems to want to play FDB out wide. So that leaves 5 fighting for 3 spots in the midfield. It's sensible business. Only our fans could moan about having strength in depth.

Moan ?!

It is argumented opinion on specialized football forum.

Anyway, Byers is not a type of player we need and is one who failed to perform in a long time. If Moore can spot his talent and thinks he can bring the best out of him - fine. But if he thinks he is bringing in good player who will hit the ground running (or God forbid take over from Bannan) than he is in for a surprise.

Just now, Jack the Hat said:

I think BB will stay. All this talk about us being skint is lopsided. We are not throwing the money around as much to avoid penalties and to stop wasting it, but I get the feeling DC still has plenty he is willing to spend efficiently. We still only sell players when we want.  All he has done recently is play down expectations to the fanbase. And I don't blame him for that. I'm neither a DC lover or hater, but he must be sick of spaffing money and getting vitriol from the fans for his trouble. I think the non payment of wages was more a spitting of the dummy than a shortage of cash. But we will see.

Nixon said DC is minted.

23 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

He has a long way to go for me. If he doesn't get players in this club woulf carry on declining and become even more of a basket case. No way will I be kissing his feet in the near future.