George Byers incoming

Guest Jack the Hat
43 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Be stunned if Bannan or Luongo don’t leave should Byers complete.

Stunned? Really?

Some crazy talk on here again never in a billion years will DC sell bannan 

plus we’re putting a squad together not a starting 11 

byres will be competition for wing that’s the advanced role in the midfield three Bannan is our defensive playmaker who sits back with another one and is paired with one of FDB adreinen luongo 

if somebody makes way it will be hunt 

3 minutes ago, malek said:

Green, Shodipo, Adedoying, Hagan, Windass when he gets back...

Which wing do Shodipo and Ayedoyin play on? Don't know anything about them sorry.

Windass will be striker surely when he gets back? 

Hagan looks promising but is he ready for first team footy?

Waldock, Hunt, Dawodu, Hagan and Brennan all benefit from a spell in conference or conference north type level. 

Then Paterson, Dawson, Wildsmith and Bannan if it makes financial sense. 

Leaves us a squad of around 24 which is about right 

With the way some are carrying on you'd think we've brought in 15 new players. We've only signed 6. It makes sense to bring in Byers as we need squad depth. Let's not forget we've added the Johnstone paint your face trophy or whatever it's called to an already hectic fixture list. Byers coming in does not mean Bannan is off. We've lost far more than what we've signed

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Mad thing is he never had that until he joined us. 

I thought he was out for half a season at QPR before he signed. I recall talk from R's fans that if we could keep him fit he'd be an asset.

I could just have a weird memory and be wrong though!

35 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I struggle to see where BB plays in a 4-2-3-1. I think he’ll be gone by the end of the window.  Not sure if that strengthens or weakens us.  It will all depend on the calibre of strikers we sign.

Bannan is part of the 2, one breaking up play and Bannan being creative. It's failed to work before. Ideally Bannan needs to be in a 3, 2 to do the donkey work and defending while Bannan controls play when we are in possession. In effect you have to build the team around Bannan. The problem we've had then is that if BB has an off day the other 2 don't step up, same if he's marked out of the game. I'm not sure if that's BB's fault ot the other 2 midfielders.

CC stuck Bannan on the wing with a license to roam, that worked but BB doesn't want to do that these days.

It's a problem how to accomodate BB, he brings so much, but at a price. 

I'd be happy to see him move on, not because I don't like and admire him but because I don't think we can afford his wages.  

• Like 3

I honestly consider that 'Bannan is our defensive playmaker' has been a major part of our troubles.

Bannan is a 100% player, whether in defence or attack, and always gives of his best. I believe that Bannan is far more efective playing in a more attacking role.

And don't forget, a team does not simply consist these days of ELEVEN men. Subs must be taken into consideration, and more importantly,  to cover for injuries. This latter is a very important part of our strategy, given the number we sustain, another point that needs serious consderation

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I honestly consider that 'Bannan is our defensive playmaker' has been a major part of our troubles.

Bannan is a 100% player, whether in defence or attack, and always gives of his best. I believe that Bannan is far more efective playing in a more attacking role.

And don't forget, a team does not simply consist these days of ELEVEN men. Subs must be taken into consideration, and more importantly,  to cover for injuries. This latter is a very important part of our strategy, given the number we sustain, another point that needs serious consderation

It's Bannan insisting he is played deep that is the problem. He can't defend, he's too lightweight, at best he harries players with the ball. It's not lack of effort. It's strange because sime small players are great in defence, Nobby Stiles, Alan Ball spring to mind.

I agree Bannan  playing further forward and dictating play would be better but he won't/doesn't want to.

• Like 1

Just read an article online about Swansea - doesn’t look like it’d be a great career move for Bannan. They’re still managerless and many of their best players from last year have gone. The local pundit is predicting a possible relegation battle. I doubt he’d get paid any more either. 

Cant see him uprooting to South Wales any time soon

40 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

If we do bring 2 forwards in then I think it will be Patterson who will be shifted out

Get the impression he doesn’t want to play league 1 football 

Well League One is Paterson’s level - not sure that any Championship  Club would be in a rush to sign him up

• Like 1

Can't say I know too much about him, but people seem to rate him. 

Another option in midfield and apparently one to either lighten the creative load from Bannan or the one to replace him. 

Wing should add some creative spark too and can take a decent freekick and corner which will be nice for a change. 

1 minute ago, Kew Owl said:

Well League One is Paterson’s level - not sure that any Championship  Club would be in a rush to sign him up

I reckon Patterson could bag quite a few goals at this level. 

Bit of a battering ram up top. 

• Like 2