George Byers incoming

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Byers is hardly a swap for Bannan.

Bannan is ever-present. Byers has had injury and form issues keeping him out of Portsmouth’s starting Xl last season. 

Hopefully it’s to strengthen rather than weaken our options. Hunt out, Byers in - that strengthens. 

We’ve got Adeniren, Hutchinson, Luongo, Wing and now Byers that can all play CM in some capacity

Being realistic, how much strength in depth do we need

We need 2 strikers now, the most expensive commodity in the market, to fund that I’d be surprised if Bannan isn’t sacrificed 

• Like 3

I love Barry Bannan but for the good of him and the team it is time to say goodbye.

He will always be regarded by me as an amazing servant to the club. 

IF he stays that would be OK too. A WIN WIN if you will.

George Byers has some big boots to fill.

• Like 5

Just now, BRUCE LEE said:

We’ve got Adeniren, Hutchinson, Luongo, Wing and now Byers that can all play CM in some capacity

Being realistic, how much strength in depth do we need

We need 2 strikers now, the most expensive commodity in the market, to fund that I’d be surprised if Bannan isn’t sacrificed 

That's got to be the plan, surly. We are majorly short up front. Even before the windass injury.

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

Be interesting to see how this deal is being done 

We already have 3 loans and the match day limit is 5

We desperately need strikers who are likely to be loans as well

Good spot, not thought of the 5 limit

3 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Be interesting to see how this deal is being done 

We already have 3 loans and the match day limit is 5

We desperately need strikers who are likely to be loans as well

The rumours have been a permanent deal, but his wages have been an issue apparently. Will be interesting indeed to see what transpires.

Think you are right about strikers but I'd love us to hijack Sam Vokes move to Wycombe.

• Like 1

In a wrangle over the Bannan situation - if a good offer comes in we obviously need to cash it, but I can't help thinking we now have a fresh squad and that midfield is starting to look like it could boss it in League One, with Barry onboard as well it looks like it's all come together now. 

Trust Moore to do the right thing, if we are bringing in to send Barry on his way then so be it - but I would really love to see that midfield with him in it come the start of the season. 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
14 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

If bannan goes then he goes I don’t hold any of these players in high regard anymore .

ZomboMeme 28072021092109.jpg

14 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

I love Barry Bannan but for the good of him and the team it is time to say goodbye.

He will always be regarded by me as an amazing servant to the club. 

IF he stays that would be OK too. A WIN WIN if you will.

George Byers has some big boots to fill.

Not sur BB’s boots are very big 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, marshy said:

It's been said countless times, stop Bazza and you stop Wednesday. It's been so true that we've been very reliant on him in fact too reliant for me in so much at it actually stops any other form of play and at times it's so predictable. Having said that, Barry does have some amazing qualities that we will miss, but it's a new dawn here and time to make way for others to shine.

If that makes us overall a better side then so be it.

My thoughts too - it seems to be heading this way.

Honestly don't mind if BB stays or goes. He's been an excellent servant and I hold nothing against him,  I just don't care enough about any of the players we have had recently any more. Sad state of affairs brought on by the last 2 seasons performances and actions. I'm hoping these new guys will rekindle my love for the team a bit. 

• Like 4

If we are planning on playing 4-3-3 is having 6 central midfielders too many?

Bannan, Adeniran, Luongo, Wing, FDB & Byers

Given FDB and Adeniran are back ups and Luongo has biscuit legs I don’t see another central midfielder as overkill

It also allows Hunt and any others we have to go out on loan and get game time

• Like 2