George Byers incoming

Eyup all... Just had my mate Jonathan, an avid Swans fan down here (I live near Swansea) ring up for a chat about this guy and he says he'll be sorry if Byers leaves - reckons he's got something about him but has always had much more expensive and more experienced players ahead of him in the side / squad in the last year so limited game time to what he deserved. Also added that he loves to shoot from any distance at any time so that maybe bodes well - he did also say that he's always liked Bannan too when he's seen us play but hadn't heard anything else about interest from them since it was first mentioned a few weeks ago now. The Swans are in turmoil being managerless and the best players being sold...but theyve still spent a few quid tho. Anyroad, sounds like this Byers lad may be half decent!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Brad_owl said:

I love Barry Bannan but for the good of him and the team it is time to say goodbye.

He will always be regarded by me as an amazing servant to the club. 

IF he stays that would be OK too. A WIN WIN if you will.

George Byers has some big boots to fill.

How so? Bannan's tiny, can't be bigger than a 5 or 6!

8 hours ago, Prendo's boots said:

Eyup all... Just had my mate Jonathan, an avid Swans fan down here (I live near Swansea) ring up for a chat about this guy and he says he'll be sorry if Byers leaves - reckons he's got something about him but has always had much more expensive and more experienced players ahead of him in the side / squad in the last year so limited game time to what he deserved. Also added that he loves to shoot from any distance at any time so that maybe bodes well - he did also say that he's always liked Bannan too when he's seen us play but hadn't heard anything else about interest from them since it was first mentioned a few weeks ago now. The Swans are in turmoil being managerless and the best players being sold...but theyve still spent a few quid tho. Anyroad, sounds like this Byers lad may be half decent!!! 

Thanks,  I saw an article that said Byers was a very talented player.  Also one where Byers said he was surprised by his lack of game time and chance to shine at Portsmouth.  Maybe it’s a case of Moore spotting a player he can help get the best out of.  We saw with piggy Wilder in this league that he signed players people scoffed at and they turned into double promotion winners. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Swansea City are unlikely to sanction a move for midfielder George Byers until they manage to secure a new permanent manager as Sheffield Wednesday circle, according to Wales Online.

The thing is they knew Cooper was off weeks ago and sanctioned the lad to talk to us anyway.

Idiots.

Edited by SiJ