The Wilderless Years

9 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Sounds like deal is off for the Barcelona lad they were meant to be signing. Think Olsen and Gibbs White are good signings to be fair. As I've said before, regarding Hourihane, my opinion he's player you'de have loved in your team a few years ago but I think he's slowly declined in years gone by, Swansea fans weren't particularly keen on getting him back after his loan spell there.

These new faces and I'm very surprised they didn't bring in a striker.

We should have signed Hourihanne when we signed Winnall which was supposedly the plan. The story goes that because we got Winnall on the cheap Barnsley didn't want to sell Hourihanne to us and again story goes they sold him to Villa for less or the same as we offered them. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Olsen was decent at Everton last year.

Gibbs-White has been touted as a potential star for years and never kicked on.

Both could be good signings for them but until their strikers start scoring they will struggle. Still think they'll finish top six though. 

Reading some comments from Everton fans are comments such as “clown” “ gave me kittens” and “ vampire scared of crosses”. Swansea fans are scathing on hoorihan and most wouldn’t want him back. Gibbs I know little about but youngsters don’t always step up in pressure situations. I don’t think the lad from Liverpool has played since he signed for them as he?

They could prove to be good signings, but equally they could dragged into the mess or cause further divisions amongst wilders boozing mates. 

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Reading some comments from Everton fans are comments such as “clown” “ gave me kittens” and “ vampire scared of crosses”. Swansea fans are scathing on hoorihan and most wouldn’t want him back. Gibbs I know little about but youngsters don’t always step up in pressure situations. I don’t think the lad from Liverpool has played since he signed for them as he?

They could prove to be good signings, but equally they could dragged into the mess or cause further divisions amongst wilders boozing mates. 

Can't work out whether these are good signings or panic ones which nobody else wanted....so are cheap

I can't imagine when he came in he would have thought this would be their summer business.

They've just come down from the PL and flogged a keeper for about 30 million. He's ended up with 4 loans, one of whom is a replacement for the keeper they just flogged.

Think the signings will improve them a bit but the only one who I'd say brings something different is the lad from Wolves.

1 hour ago, darra said:

We should have signed Hourihanne when we signed Winnall which was supposedly the plan. The story goes that because we got Winnall on the cheap Barnsley didn't want to sell Hourihanne to us and again story goes they sold him to Villa for less or the same as we offered them. 

Yeah I heard the same regarding Dingles not selling to us after the fans went berserk for Winnall joining. Back then I think he would have been useful. As I say in my opinion I think he is a player who has been in decline, he might prove me wrong and be good, but I wouldn't shouting from the rooftops if I was a pig fan.

Gibbs White on the other hand sadly I do think he will be a decent addition to them lot, I know Wolves fans didn't really want to see him leave as he has been part of the first team set up. I was hoping Carlos might have rang his pal and got him to cancel the move last minute lol

Edited by Johnny Concrete

30 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Yeah I heard the same regarding Dingles not selling to us after the fans went berserk for Winnall joining. Back then I think he would have been useful. As I say in my opinion I think he is a player who has been in decline, he might prove me wrong and be good, but I wouldn't shouting from the rooftops if I was a pig fan.

Gibbs White on the other hand sadly I do think he will be a decent addition to them lot, I know Wolves fans didn't really want to see him leave as he has been part of the first team set up. I was hoping Carlos might have rang his pal and got him to cancel the move last minute lol

At the time iirc they had formed a great partnership 

1 hour ago, darra said:

At the time iirc they had formed a great partnership 

Yep that is right. Winnall at the time we had signed him had scored the most headed goals in England (most of them of course will of been created by Hourihane) 

Edited by sheffwed1
  • Like 1

I think their signings are decent in isolation. I like Hourihane and Gibbs White but they won’t become a typical Jokanovic team with that squad. They needed a good few more.

Sounds as if that lending has removed any advantage given by parachute money so they are more or less like any other club at that level albeit with the need to get their house in order on costs.

Does the Prince have any money?

4 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

So from their summer signings, are we to presume that they dont have any money?

All the prmiership millions, all the parachute payments, sll the relegation ramsdale money......all gone?

Be interesting to see what joker can make of this squad now

From what I’ve read...bog roll had to pay McCabe around £50m for the ground etc and took out a loan against future premiership money, as he didn’t have it. If he couldn’t complete then McCabe got the club back. There are instalments due on Berge and five touches, which is why they were desperate to sell anyone they could. But they couldn’t. So putting two and two together I’m guessing this loan is to make those payments.

They still owed Bournemouth money for Ramsdale, plus a sell on of between 15 and 25 percent depending on who you believe. So they probably didn’t actually recoup much cash there.

Plus their wages for last season were around £90 million, which is ok when your mid table prem, but not when you are bottom of the championship.

If you also factor in contract lengths for their three big signings, they will desperate to a) get them off the books due to wages and b) get something back before their contracts run down. Problem is no one wants to but them.

If they don’t het back up this season or next they will be in the same boat as Stoke. 

Hope that cheers you up J.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

I’ll be looking forward to the hour long special from football heaven tomorrow then……or maybe not. 

Anyone know how much this is for? Not very good with this Twitter stuff?