The Wilderless Years

You’ve got to wonder how many signings they have to make in the next 48 hours to stop Jokanovic from considering his future? An entire transfer window and just one signing, that’s a surprise when a new manager has come in.

32 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Plucky underdogs think they’ve made the big time and start making unneeded glamour signings due to thinking they are established amongst the elite.

Whenever I think of small or mediocre size clubs getting ahead of their station I always think of this line from the Godfather Part 3.

Seems appropriate to the current situation.

D6892AF0-E257-4CD8-BF94-D192EFCB3DD5.jpeg

29 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It's ok, they've got some lower league European clubs as part of their club network. 

Didn't they do the exact same thing under McCabe many moons ago? Had a team in Hungary, China etc.,? 

Chengdu Blades.

They were relegated as a punishment after their President accepted a bribe to lose a game and were then dissolved in 2015 due to unpaid salaries.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why did the current manager take it on then? If he was expecting big changes and the board have not sanctioned it then maybe it is the board that is the problem.

Tbf to him at least two of our managers before Moore we're probably given the same promises.

Very surprising start now in my opinion. 

I definitely expected them to be in the top half around the playoffs even with their problems. Could be a long slog of a season for them mincing around in the bottom half with the £20M -  £30M players they’ve completely overspent on.  

1 hour ago, darra said:

Tbf to him at least two of our managers before Moore we're probably given the same promises.

If you came to manage Sheffield Wednesday post 2018 expecting any sort of transfer budget then you hadn't done your homework properly. 

A brief look at the recent transfers, the transfer embargo and the debts at that point would have been a better guide than anything the owners promised.

Same at United, plenty of stories about future income having already been spent and needing to buy. They have a better squad now than the last time they got promoted out of the Championship. 

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I’ve said for yonks Berge is a big part of their problem

Although a talented player he removes intensity from their game, that intensity is what basically made them successful

He is the poster child for their decline. Plucky underdogs think they’ve made the big time and start making unneeded glamour signings due to thinking they are established amongst the elite.

A cautionary tale that has existed for decades and yet the dummies still fell into the trap

LOLZERS

Hes their wim jonk. Without the injuries obviously 

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why did the current manager take it on then? If he was expecting big changes and the board have not sanctioned it then maybe it is the board that is the problem.

Which is what i said?

5 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

From Joka's comments, it sounds like he was promised funds to overhaul the whole squad. The next few days will be interesting, because if they dont make a few substantial signings, then the board have broken their promise to him.

Will Joker walk if thats the case? He will already know he cant do anything with this squad, so youd think he will

1 hour ago, wakefieldowl said:

From Joka's comments, it sounds like he was promised funds to overhaul the whole squad. The next few days will be interesting, because if they dont make a few substantial signings, then the board have broken their promise to him.

Will Joker walk if thats the case? He will already know he cant do anything with this squad, so youd think he will

Only thing is, isn't he supposed to be on a hefty number at the Lane? Leaving a job in Qatar where he must have been raking it in, surely pigs must have given him a salary to match or bettered? I can't see him walking away from that.

1 hour ago, Johnny Concrete said:

The only thing is, isn't he supposed to be on a hefty number at the Lane? Leaving a job in Qatar where he must have been raking it in, surely pigs must have given him a salary to match or bettered? I can't see him walking away from that.

Maybe not? Depends on how easy he thinks it would be to get another job. His stock is still high (?) so he might think it would be worth it to walk away. The longer they go on losing and or drawing the lower his stock will drop.

Looking at the table with GD they are already 8 points adrift of the playoffs. I know it's early days but for a club that isn't scoring goals, they can't afford to let that gap get any bigger.

Edited by darra

1 hour ago, smhouston said:

Linked to Willy Cabellero now

They are getting linked with everyone, because everyone knows how desperate they are

21 minutes ago, darra said:

Maybe not? Depends on how easy he thinks it would be to get another job. His stock is still high (?) so he might think it would be worth it to walk away. The longer they go on losing and or drawing the lower his stock will drop.

Looking at the table with GD they are already 8 points adrift of the playoffs. I know it's early days but for a club that isn't scoring goals, they can't afford to let that gap get any bigger.

This, he might as well get out asap and go back to where he was

28 minutes ago, darra said:

Think he'd rather get the pay off, managers always get job offers from somewhere. He was taking the dollar in some no mark league before and will have plenty of opportunities to do that again.