The Wilderless Years

1 minute ago, beswetherick said:

The fact they waited until deadline day to figure out if he’d get a work permit or not is brilliant

You can’t help but think either they are stupid ( think I would read the rules before contemplating importing anything to the UK) or there was never any intention to sign and they can tell their thick fans well we really tried our best.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

You can’t help but think either they are stupid ( think I would read the rules before contemplating importing anything to the UK) or there was never any intention to sign and they can tell their thick fans well we really tried our best.

Think we all know the answer to this..... they were just playing to the gullible.....he's from Barca, so he must be good and this proves they are still 'a big deal'.......oh and they are stupid as well

1 hour ago, beswetherick said:

The fact they waited until deadline day to figure out if he’d get a work permit or not is brilliant

It's not even that hard to work out.   It's not like it's subjective or dependant on someone's decision either way. You just need so many points based on number of appearances, how strong the league they play in is, international caps, etc.

You could write an Excel function to work out whether or not someone is getting a work permit extremely easily.

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

Bloody Brexit init

3 hours ago, owlinexile said:

It's not even that hard to work out.   It's not like it's subjective or dependant on someone's decision either way. You just need so many points based on number of appearances, how strong the league they play in is, international caps, etc.

You could write an Excel function to work out whether or not someone is getting a work permit extremely easily.

Along these same lines how did we get Sow into the country? 

19 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Along these same lines how did we get Sow into the country? 

The Eredivisie is a 'Band 2' league, so just for appearing in it he gets 10 of the 15 points required, with up to another 10 available based on what % of available minutes he played last season and up to 5 depending on where his club finished.  

I can't be bothered looking up his appearances to work out the exact number of points, but then again I am not working for a football club trying to sign him.  It all basically boils down to if you are a regular starter in a 'good' league, you are pretty much guaranteed a work permit.

As for Collado - La Liga is of course a 'Band 1' league as you would expect, and he has played in it at least once, which gives him 12 points.  But he played a total of zero minutes for Barcelona last season, and appeared in no matchday squads, even in cup competitions or Europe, so no further points are available.  So, 3 points short of a work permit.

UK football clubs are going to struggle to sign fringe players or youngsters from abroad, and the new system closes off a lot of the bargains to be found in leagues with a low reputation, for example Sweden or Hungary.  But regular starters like Sow pose no problem at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Actually, I didn't quite get that right.

Last year Collado played exclusively for Barcelona B, who play in the Spanish third tier, which is a 'Band 6' league.   So he starts off with 2 points, not 12 points.  And up to another 3 available based on his appearances and where they finished in the league.  So not even close.

Still, even if he HAD been registered with Barcelona rather than their B side, he would need to have made a few appearances to get a work permit.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, fudge27 said:

What's this about the barca kid? 

The article is about some winger from parma not collado? 

They were definitely trying to sign both.

Karamoh's chances of getting a work permit would depend on whether he played at least 30% of the available first team minutes in Serie A over the last 12 months.  Again it is totally black and white, and just requires someone to get on Google and do some basic arithmetic.  

He apparently played in 24 Serie A games last season, so I assume most of those were late substitute appearances or he should easily have qualified.

13 hours ago, owlinexile said:

The Eredivisie is a 'Band 2' league, so just for appearing in it he gets 10 of the 15 points required, with up to another 10 available based on what % of available minutes he played last season and up to 5 depending on where his club finished.  

I can't be bothered looking up his appearances to work out the exact number of points, but then again I am not working for a football club trying to sign him.  It all basically boils down to if you are a regular starter in a 'good' league, you are pretty much guaranteed a work permit.

As for Collado - La Liga is of course a 'Band 1' league as you would expect, and he has played in it at least once, which gives him 12 points.  But he played a total of zero minutes for Barcelona last season, and appeared in no matchday squads, even in cup competitions or Europe, so no further points are available.  So, 3 points short of a work permit.

UK football clubs are going to struggle to sign fringe players or youngsters from abroad, and the new system closes off a lot of the bargains to be found in leagues with a low reputation, for example Sweden or Hungary.  But regular starters like Sow pose no problem at all.

Not an issue for the bigger clubs, as the big clubs looking to snipe some foreign youth talent can just sign them with no WP, farm them out on loan to one of the "Band 1" leagues for a while until he's eligible.

I also heard from what I suspect is a reliable source that Slav was not their first choice - The other guy, who's name has slipped my mind was all agreed to join them, but it fell through due to work permit issues.

Then they went for Slav - Which probably explains why it was a late appointment. 

Got to love dem blavdes. In eighteen months they’ve gone from “ looking forward to going to Barca, they won’t know how to play against us” to “ we really need to get a win against Peterborough, just to get get a bit of confidence back”.

You really couldn’t make it up.

I was actually getting worried that they might do the the unthinkable and qualify for Europe, or avoid getting to their non trophy winning centenary. Now it’s just a matter of time before they are back where they belong....below us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Got to love dem blavdes. In eighteen months they’ve gone from “ looking forward to going to Barca, they won’t know how to play against us” to “ we really need to get a win against Peterborough, just to get get a bit of confidence back”.

You really couldn’t make it up.

I was actually getting worried that they might do the the unthinkable and qualify for Europe, or avoid getting to their non trophy winning centenary. Now it’s just a matter of time before they are back where they belong....below us.

Wasn't long ago they were singing about how they were playing Chelsea whilst we were playing Luton....O how the mighty have fallen.

Would really make a champagne season if we went up and they crumbled into turmoil on and off the pitch. Loads saying they will probably end up top 6...probably the same who said they would avoid relegation last season. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Wasn't long ago they were singing about how they were playing Chelsea whilst we were playing Luton....O how the mighty have fallen.

Would really make a champagne season if we went up and they crumbled into turmoil on and off the pitch. Loads saying they will probably end up top 6...probably the same who said they would avoid relegation last season. 

But.....we are the deluded ones

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, owlinexile said:

Actually, I didn't quite get that right.

Last year Collado played exclusively for Barcelona B, who play in the Spanish third tier, which is a 'Band 6' league.   So he starts off with 2 points, not 12 points.  And up to another 3 available based on his appearances and where they finished in the league.  So not even close.

Still, even if he HAD been registered with Barcelona rather than their B side, he would need to have made a few appearances to get a work permit.

Sounds like you should work for the pigs.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Plonk said:

All smoke and mirrors isn’t it? They’ve spent all Summer chasing unrealistic targets, so they can say look we are a big club. But then sign an has been and a wanna be. It’s the bladesman way. 

It's the old Rasiak trick.