The Wilderless Years

3 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Wasn't long ago they were singing about how they were playing Chelsea whilst we were playing Luton....O how the mighty have fallen.

And last week it was them who were playing Luton. Whilst we were facing, erm, Morecambe.

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, Plonk said:

All smoke and mirrors isn’t it? They’ve spent all Summer chasing unrealistic targets, so they can say look we are a big club. But then sign an has been and a wanna be. It’s the bladesman way. 

Iirc Spurs used to do a lot of that a few years ago. Could've been Arsenal though could've been both of em.

Interesting discussion on the Derby forum. Nixon reporting that another club has failed to make payments due to Derby on a transfer. Lots of speculation about who is responsible, given they haven’t sold many players recently, with blades and Swansea getting most fingers pointed. While Blades fans speculating about the need to sell to pay payments coming due.  They’ve sold no one and had to take a loan?

Failure to make such payments brings an automatic umbongo too?

5 hours ago, Plonk said:

Interesting discussion on the Derby forum. Nixon reporting that another club has failed to make payments due to Derby on a transfer. Lots of speculation about who is responsible, given they haven’t sold many players recently, with blades and Swansea getting most fingers pointed. While Blades fans speculating about the need to sell to pay payments coming due.  They’ve sold no one and had to take a loan?

Can you imagine what the reaction will be from the Blunt fans if that was to happen ? :tango:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Plonk said:

They have history of this, putting Ilkeston town out of business if I recall, waiting to pay the money owed for the transfer of Che Adams move from Ilkeston to the pigs.

6 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

Did prince bog roll say that they are £85m in debt ?

No just £85m deficit although I’m not sure what the difference is.

Had to remortgage his house, moans a lot about money wasted by Wilder and in a Chansiri style statement says that if Huddersfield and Birmingham have a better squad than them he needs to go to a mental hospital.

Watching the interview it appears that if they don’t go up this year they could be in a mess.

Edited by TrickyTrev
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

No just £85m deficit although I’m not sure what the difference is.

Had to remortgage his house, moans a lot about money wasted by Wilder and in a Chansiri style statement says that if Huddersfield and Birmingham have a better squad than them he needs to go to a mental hospital.

Watching the interview it appears that if they don’t go up this year they could be in a mess.

Thanks couldn't be bothered to sit through 37 minutes of that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Must be the only Saudi Prince with a mortgage😀😀😀😀. £85m deficit? Well if he’s banking on Norwood Fleck and mcspurnie “ snapping out of it” I think he had better get ready for a repossession.

In his defence he did say “good” players will snap out of it.lol

I have to admit, I’m more than a little excited at the project that is “United World”!!!:ghoulguy:

3 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I have to admit I admire the guys readiness to talk to the fans, especially as the poor bloke has just had to remortgage his home in LA.

Oh and they started this season with an £85m deficit.lol

Fair play to him for addressing the fans. I’m not a strong critic of our Chairman but I very much doubt you’d ever get a direct address from him to our fan base?