The Wilderless Years

Watched the entire thing with the Prince and thought it was pretty interesting. 

Two things surprised me 1) how transparent he was with some of the things he shared 2) his level of knowledge / interest down to specific details (eg how many shots they had in the game against WBA last season)

Particularly interesting points:

- Slav knew what he would have to work with coming in

- They have an 85m deficit to fund without selling players 

- He openly said they wanted to sell Berge

- They have spent 180m on players, wages and real estate recently

- Only 1 loan has ever worked well for them (Henderson)

- He and his partners need to invest. Who are the partners?

- They couldn’t say they were desperate to sell before the window closes due to affecting transfer values (does he know it re-opens?)

I’m not buying the remortgaging the house to fund the club bit 

How has it been received by their fans?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Watched the entire thing with the Prince and thought it was pretty interesting. 

Two things surprised me 1) how transparent he was with some of the things he shared 2) his level of knowledge / interest down to specific details (eg how many shots they had in the game against WBA last season)

Particularly interesting points:

- Slav knew what he would have to work with coming in

- They have an 85m deficit to fund without selling players 

- He openly said they wanted to sell Berge

- They have spent 180m on players, wages and real estate recently

- Only 1 loan has ever worked well for them (Henderson)

- He and his partners need to invest. Who are the partners?

- They couldn’t say they were desperate to sell before the window closes due to affecting transfer values (does he know it re-opens?)

I’m not buying the remortgaging the house to fund the club bit 

How has it been received by their fans?

I might be wrong but didn’t Jokanovic basically have to join a club in Europe for work permit reasons? Before it expired due to the new rules due to brexit. 

14 minutes ago, owl_83 said:

"Sheffield United luck", is that a thing?

Is it not just down to being useless?

You only notice your luck when it is bad.

'Sheffield United Luck' wasn't a thing when they got two successive promotions and then finished in the top half of the Premiership.

Luck is very much a perspective thing.

I think McCabe, the Prince and the fans can consider themselves very lucky that they stumbled into a manager who could get them from the bottom of League One to the Premiership almost single handed, in spite of the overwhelming incompetence of everyone else in charge down there.. 

Then again after saddling them with £85m of debt, lets see if they don't end up worse off than when he started.. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

'Sheffield United Luck' wasn't a thing when they got two successive promotions and then finished in the top half of the Premiership.

Agreed.

Sheffield United luck wasn’t a thing when they had no real injury problems during their promotion campaign. It wasn’t a thing either when we had to go into a Sheffield derby at their place with our second 11 in Luhukays first match due to us having around 12 first team regulars out injured including the likes of Forestieri, Hooper, Bannan, Hutchinson, Westwood, Lees, Winnall, Fletcher, Lee and Matias.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Some would say, myself included!

that they were incredibly lucky getting to the premiership, lucky with certain ref decisions, injuries and most important of all L**ds absolutely bottling promotion themselves! 
They (the blunts) wouldn’t have beaten that Villa team in the P/O final IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1